A Cheap test for Ultraprocessed food
Add Reply
Dhu on Gate
2024-10-16 19:04:14 UTC
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-10-ultra-foods-health-backfire.html

"Premature warnings to consumers to avoid eating all ultra-processed food
products have likely social costs and may harm the health of people facing
food poverty—at least in the short term."

Basically this says that the only way to feed yourself when you're poor
is to eat what's available.

So. My Mother taught me a "cheap" test for edibility: leave it alone
for a while. If it doesn't go mouldy, find something else to eat.

Dhu
--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell
Dhu on Gate
2024-10-16 19:10:54 UTC
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-10-ultra-foods-health-backfire.html
"Premature warnings to consumers to avoid eating all ultra-processed food
products have likely social costs and may harm the health of people facing
food poverty—at least in the short term."
Basically this says that the only way to feed yourself when you're poor
is to eat what's available.
So. My Mother taught me a "cheap" test for edibility: leave it alone
for a while. If it doesn't go mouldy, find something else to eat.
Dhu
Obviously once yer WunderBred goes mouldy
toss that loaf and buy an new one to eat:
eat only stuff that *will* go off if you don't.

Dhu