For The Butt-Hurt Butt-Bumping Gay Boys Here That Still Believe Old Debunked Bullshit Said About Trump
Add Reply
AlleyCat
2024-10-10 03:43:06 UTC
The Huffington Post takes notes of the suggestion that "dropping a nuke into
the eye of the storm would heat the cool air and disrupt the convection
current, thus subsiding the storm." Okay, then. - MotherJones.com

"In some sense, it's natural that whenever a disaster strikes, people might
hope that humankind's highest and most destructive scientific achievement
(nuclear bomb) holds the solution." - Motherjones.com

"Seems every time the United States is threatened by a big cyclonic system,
somebody suggests lighting it up with a Fat Man or Little Boy."
- MotherJones - August 29, 2011

WHEN did Trump debate Biden?

"Could a controlled nuclear explosion disrupt a violent storm like Irene?"
- MotherJones - August 29, 2011

WHEN did Trump debate Biden?

You dumb fuck... he only ASKED the repeated-many-times trope, that has been
suggested for the last 60 years... ever since we got the hydrogen bomb.

THIS is not Trump's idea, you fucking moron. (see below)

Trump never "suggested", "advocated" or "proposed" using nukes on hurricanes.

If he said it at all, he ASKED, "Why can't we do that?" Scientist have been
suggesting using nukes on hurricanes for 60+ years, but Trump ASKS the
question, and all of a sudden HE'S the stupid one?

No.

BIDEN said he said it in a debate, trying to score points.

Newsweek: During a segment on climate change in the first presidential debate,
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden CLAIMED, (not proved) that
Republican President Donald Trump's plan for managing hurricanes once included
dropping a nuclear weapon in one.

"Look how much we're paying now to deal with the hurricanes," Biden said. "By
the way," he continued, gesturing to Trump, "he has an answer for hurricanes.
He said, 'Maybe we should drop a nuclear weapon on them."

"I never said that," Trump retorted. "He made it up."

Axios (Axios are KNOW liars) wrote that (NEVER NAMED) sources who heard (THIRD
party bullshit) the president's private remarks in recorded comments in a
National Security Council (NSC) memorandum CLAIMED to have heard Trump asking
top national security officials to "consider using nuclear bombs to weaken or
destroy hurricanes."

Memorandum which showed this NEVER materialized. Plus, they never said he
"suggested" it... he merely ASKED, "Why can't we do that?", the source told
Axios.

Here we go again. WHAT source? Unnamed sources are usually fake news.

This one says it all: "Why can't we do that?" the source added, PARAPHRASING
THE PRESIDENT'S REMARKS.

I'm asking... why CAN'T we do that? So... make fun of me if you want, but
you'll never do it to my face, pussy liberal.

He may have ASKED if it was possible, according to The NOAA, EXACTLY the same
way people have been "suggesting", "advocating" or "proposing" it FOR DECADES.

The site wrote that during a hurricane briefing, which occurred early into the
first year of Trump's presidency... WHEN was that? 2017

See these articles? They were written LONG before Trump was in office, meaning
there were OTHERS, probably many scientists who suggested using nukes, you
fucking moron.

=====

"There was a time when SCIENTISTS AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES were themselves
seriously considering the nuclear option. In a speech delivered at the
National Press Club on October 11, 1961, Francis W. Riechelderfer, THE
HEAD OF THE U.S. WEATHER BUREAU, said he could "imagine the possibility
someday of exploding a nuclear bomb on a hurricane far at sea."

=====

If the head of the weather bureau could suggest such a thing, is it out of
the realm of possibility that someone else, like Trump, could?

Yes... there have been calls for this FOR 6 DECADES, you stupid fucking
fucked-up stupid shut-in basement-dweller.

=====

"It's an appealing thought, especially when, during hurricane season,
we're annually reminded of the immense destruction wrought by these
storms. And it's probably why, every year for the past six decades,
government agencies have received missives from concerned citizens, urging
preemptive attacks against hurricanes using nuclear weapons."

"Could Hurricane Carla have been broken up, or greatly modified, or its
course turned back to sea, by nuclear bombs?," asked an editorial in the
Longview Daily News. "The suggestion that man-made explosions may effect
[sic] hurricanes cannot be dismissed with the same degree of certainty on
the basis of energy comparisons as was possible with earlier atomic
weapons."

In other words, America now had the hydrogen bomb, which was a thousand
times more powerful than the atomic bombs that had been dropped on Japan.
Couldn't this energy be unleashed as a hurricane killer?

Jack W. Reed, A METEOROLOGIST AT SANDIA LABORATORY, thought so. In fact,
he came up with the idea while studying the atmospheric effects produced
by America's first detonation of a hydrogen bomb, which had lifted a
massive column of air more than 20 miles into the sky.

Reed had the opportunity to present his research at various conferences,
notably the 1959 symposium on the Plowshare Program-a government
initiative to develop "peaceful" uses for nuclear weapons in science and
industry. (Some of the most infamous Plowshare proposals included plans to
use nukes to create an instant harbor on the coast of Alaska and to
excavate a new Panama Canal.)

In his paper, Reed speculated that a submarine could travel underwater to
penetrate the eye of a hurricane, where it would launch and detonate one
or more nuclear missiles. The ensuing explosion would loft most of the
relatively warm air in the hurricane's eye high above the storm into the
stratosphere. The warm air would then be replaced by colder, denser air-
reducing the wind speed and weakening the storm.

Reed calculated that a 20 megaton explosion could slow a storm with 100-
knot peak winds to 50 knots.

But Reed didn't find any takers for his idea. The research would require
setting off multiple nukes at several million dollars a pop. Government
officials expressed concern that bombing hurricanes would conflict with
U.S. efforts to end atmospheric nuclear tests.
Alan
2024-10-11 01:14:47 UTC
Post by AlleyCat
The Huffington Post takes notes of the suggestion that "dropping a nuke into
the eye of the storm would heat the cool air and disrupt the convection
current, thus subsiding the storm." Okay, then. - MotherJones.com
"In some sense, it's natural that whenever a disaster strikes, people might
hope that humankind's highest and most destructive scientific achievement
(nuclear bomb) holds the solution." - Motherjones.com
"Seems every time the United States is threatened by a big cyclonic system,
somebody suggests lighting it up with a Fat Man or Little Boy."
- MotherJones - August 29, 2011
You left this out:

:Sorry, but no, says the federal government."