Carbon Dioxide Is Not The Primary Driver Of Global Temperature -- "We Can't Say That CO2 Will Drive Climate. It Surely Never Did In The Past." - Professor Ian Clarke, PhD.
2019-04-15 00:00:21 UTC
What's YOUR PhD. in, bogan?

"We can't say that CO² will drive climate... it certainly never did in the
past." Dr. Ian Clark, PhD. - paleo-climatologist, hydro-geologist,
professor, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa

=====

Al Gore says the relationship between the temperature and CO² is
complicated but he doesn't say what these complications are.

In fact, there was something very important in the ice-core data that
he failed to mention.

Professor Ian Clark is a leading Arctic paleoclimatologist who looks back
into the Earth's temperature record tens of millions of years.

"When we look at the climate on long scales, we're looking for geological
material that actually records climate. If we were to take an ice sample,
for example, we use isotopes to reconstruct temperature but the atmosphere
that is imprisoned in that ice we liberate and then we look at the CO²
content."

Professor Clark and others have indeed discovered, as Al Gore says, a link
between Carbon Dioxide and temperature.

But what Al Gore doesn't say is that the link is the wrong way round.

"So here we're looking at the ice-core record from Vostok, and in the red
we see temperature going up from early time to later time at a very key
interval when we came out of a glaciation. And we see the temperature
going up and then we see the CO² coming up. CO² lags behind that increase.
It's got an 800 year lag so temperature is leading CO² by 800 years."

There have now been several major ice-core surveys, everyone of them shows
the same thing... the temperature rises or falls, and then, after a few
hundred years, Carbon Dioxide follows.

"So obviously, Carbon Dioxide is not the cause of that warming; In fact we
can say that the warming produced the increase in Carbon Dioxide."

"CO² clearly cannot be causing temperature changes, it's a product of
temperature. It's following temperature changes."

https://vimeo.com/223697931

From out of the depths.
--
It's "weather" when the temperatures don't agree with what climate
screechers have to say, and then it's climate change, when it does.

"It's all about money in the end. Keeping the Gravy Train running."

Australia Weather Bureau Caught Tampering With Climate Numbers

Climate Change Scientists Caught Tampering With Data to Show Rising Sea
Levels

"NOAA And NASA Corrected Historical Temperature Data And Fabricated
Temperature Data"

"NASA Made Efforts To Discredit Their Own Satellite Data"

"NASA Refused To Give Data And Information Requested By The US
House Of Representatives Science, Space And Technology Committee"

"NASA And NOAA Caught In Climate Data Manipulation"

"NASA Dramatically Altered US Temperatures After The Year 2000"

"Spectacularly Poor Climate Science At NASA"

"NASA/NOAA Mislead, Deceive and Lie About 'Hottest Year' Claim - Concede
2014 NOT "Hottest Year"

"Climate Fraud: NASA's Recent Global Warming "Corrections" Equal a +95.0°C
Per Century Trend"

https://www.google.com/#newwindow=1&q=noaa+nasa+caught

UN Official Admits That Climate Change Used As A Ruse To Control The
World's Economy
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/diabolical-lie-called-climate-change-used-
un-promote-economic-agenda/
*****
"Unequal Distribution of Wealth and Power" Causes Climate Change
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/un-climate-summit-causes-of-
climate-change-unequal-distribution-of-wealth-and-power/
*****
U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Warming Scare
http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-scare-tool-to-
destroy-capitalism/
*****
Another Climate Alarmist Admits Real Motive Behind Warming Scare
http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/another-climate-alarmist-
admits-real-motive-behind-warming-scare/
*****
United Nations Official Admits the Purpose of the Global Warming Hoax is
to Destroy Capitalism
http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/donald-r-may/2015-02-
27/united-nations-official-admits-purpose-global-warming#.V-nGUOM1HmE
AlleyCat
2019-04-15 00:47:54 UTC
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:07:33 -0700 (PDT), JTEM is Remarkably Flexible
says...
China never honored the CFC agreement and it's never honored any
"Carbon" or "Climate" agreement. So the whole thing is dead in the
water anyway.
If China doesn't honour the "CFC" agreement, then, why don't
the screechers ever piss, moan, and cry about THEM and the
ozone layer, anymore?

They know they can't get money from China, for their agendas. ;-)

Surely, with 197 countries agreeing to curb use of ozone-damaging
chemicals, the ozone layer should be gaining, not waning, even WITH
China's billion people.

Editor's note:
Curbing damage to Earth's protective ozone layer is widely viewed as one
of the most important successes of the modern environmental era. Earlier
this year, however, a study reported that ozone concentrations in the
lower level of the stratosphere had been falling since the late 1990s (AND
I GAVE UP R12 FREON FOR THAT??) - even though the Montreal Protocol, a
global treaty to phase out ozone-depleting chemicals, had been in effect
since 1989.

This raised questions about whether or not human activities could still be
damaging the ozone layer.

It's all speculation, and you know what they say about that?

Assume nothing.

1) What's the prevailing view among atmospheric scientists today about the
state of the ozone layer?

The overall picture is clear: The Montreal Protocol reduced use of ozone-
depleting chemicals and will lead to healing of the ozone layer. This is
an important goal because stratospheric ozone protects us from exposure to
ultraviolet radiation, which can increase the risk of cataracts, skin
cancer and other detrimental effects.

Of course, this forecast would be wrong if nations deviate from their
treaty commitments, or if the scientific community fails to detect
possible emissions of gases that could deplete the ozone layer but are not
covered by the treaty.

2) What could explain the continued decline in ozone in the lower
stratosphere that was reported earlier this year?

Of course, there are still some gaps in our knowledge of the ozone layer,
and these two new reports have spotlighted such gaps.

There are gaps in MOST "scientific" studies, ESPECIALLY if they use
MODELS.

3) If ozone levels in the lower stratosphere have been decreasing for 20
years, why are scientists just detecting that trend now?

Too busy screeching for more money to study why they need more money to
study why it's not getting warm enough to warrant more money for more
"global warming" studies.
--
"It's all about money in the end. Keeping the Gravy Train running."
http://youtu.be/J9Oi7x2OBdI
AlleyCat
2019-04-15 21:40:41 UTC
The co2 lags the temperature by about 1000 yrs.
"They" say 800, but what's 200 freaking years, when Earth is twenty-three
million, five hundred TIMES older than that?

https://vimeo.com/223697931

https://vimeo.com/330613369

Al Gore says the relationship between the temperature and CO² is
complicated but he doesn't say what these complications are.

In fact, there was something very important in the ice-core data that
he failed to mention.

Professor Ian Clark is a leading Arctic paleoclimatologist who looks back
into the Earth's temperature record tens of millions of years.

"When we look at the climate on long scales, we're looking for geological
material that actually records climate. If we were to take an ice sample,
for example, we use isotopes to reconstruct temperature but the atmosphere
that's imprisoned in that ice we liberate and then we look at the CO²