Give 'em hell, Don!
2018-07-11 22:00:35 UTC
You too, Nigel:

I expect all hell to break loose as soon as Air Force One's tires hit the
runway: "The 20-foot blimp, which depicts Trump as an angry baby, has been
given the go-ahead to fly on Friday by Mayor Sadiq Khan, with whom the
president has had previous run-ins on Twitter." His coming tweets will be
limited only by the imagination. The live coverage should prove to most
entertaining, heh, heh:

The Memo: Trump faces hostile reception from UK

BY NIALL STANAGE
07/11/18

President Trump faces a hostile reception in the United Kingdom when he
arrives there on Thursday — as well as a mocking blimp that the mayor of
London has permitted to fly over the British capital.

The 20-foot blimp, which depicts Trump as an angry baby, has been given the
go-ahead to fly on Friday by Mayor Sadiq Khan, with whom the president has
had previous run-ins on Twitter.

Surreal though the sight may be, it is emblematic of broader British
distaste for Trump.

“I thought I had seen the biggest outpouring of British opposition to an
American president back in 2003, with George W. Bush, but that is as nothing
compared to the build-up here, and the desire to show Donald Trump a howling
chorus of British opposition,” said Jonathan Freedland, a prominent
columnist with The Guardian, a liberal newspaper.

Some of the enmity toward Trump springs from specific British controversies.

Trump set off a media firestorm in Britain when he retweeted anti-Muslim
messages from a far-right political activist late last year.

He clashed with Khan after mischaracterizing remarks the mayor had made
after a June 2017 terrorist attack.

Prime Minister Theresa May has been warm to Trump at times; she was the
first world leader to visit him at the White House after his inauguration.
But she has also criticized his policies, from the travel ban announced in
the early days of his presidency to the tariffs enacted more recently.

Polling on Trump’s popularity in the U.K. is both scant and sporadic, but
none of it makes encouraging reading from the American president’s
perspective.

A new poll this week from BMG found that a plurality of Britons, 42 percent,
believe he should not have been invited at all, against 37 percent who
believe he should have been.

The same poll found that 39 percent believe May should be “tougher” with
Trump than she is, compared to only 10 percent who feel she should be more
friendly.

Other polls have been even worse. Polling from March to December last year
from BST saw his approval rating in the U.K. never get above 30 percent.

Just as clear a metric of opposition to Trump, however, is the protests that
are expected to greet his visit — and the lengths to which he is going to
avoid them.

Trump will spend very little time in London, instead visiting Blenheim
Palace in Oxfordshire and the prime minister’s country retreat at Chequers,
also outside the city.

He will meet the queen at Windsor Castle, about 20 miles from the capital,
rather than at Buckingham Palace. And Trump is expected to spend just one
night in London before heading for Scotland.

“I think the fact that the administration has gone to great lengths to keep
the president out of the capital speaks volumes about the kind of reception
they were expecting,” said James Boys, a London-based political historian
who specializes in U.S. politics.

“The usual optics of a presidential visit to London — the photo op at
Downing Street and the visit to Buckingham Palace — have been completely
bypassed,” Boys added, “and you’ve got to assume it’s because of the vitriol
he would face.”

The effort to keep Trump away from protests could also dull the force of his
visit, according to some observers.

He “is spending little time in the public eye whilst he is here, so it’s
hard to know what impact he will make,” said Emily Maitlis, a London-based
BBC anchor who often reports from the U.S.

The administration has pushed back at the idea that Trump is unwelcome.
During a conference call with reporters last week, U.S. Ambassador to the
U.K. Woody Johnson asserted that “President Trump knows this country
probably better than any president in recent history.”

He cited the fact that the president’s late mother was born in Scotland as
one measurement of that familiarity.

Asked whether the president was seeking to evade protestors by spending so
little time in London, Johnson insisted Trump “is not avoiding anything.”

Trump’s arrival comes at a particularly febrile moment in British politics.

May’s leadership has been imperiled by the tensions within her party over
Brexit. An attempt to stitch together a compromise last week fell apart and
led to a spate of resignations. Two Cabinet members, Foreign Secretary Boris
Johnson and Brexit Secretary David Davis, have departed.

Trump has been an enthusiast for Brexit since the days of his presidential
campaign. He famously — and rightly — predicted his own shock win by saying
it would be akin to “Brexit plus plus plus.”

Nigel Farage, who was then the leader of the pro-Brexit United Kingdom
Independence Party, became a fervent Trump backer and remains so.

Despite that, Trump has displayed little appetite for getting into the
nitty-gritty of Britain’s negotiations about the terms under which it should
leave the European Union.

Before boarding Marine One at the White House on Tuesday morning, Trump
acknowledged that the U.K. has “a lot of things going on.” He praised both
May and her nemesis, Johnson.

British observers acknowledge there is still some support for him among the
most adamant pro-Brexit forces, but they insist it does not extend beyond a
narrow segment of the population.

“The absolute hard core of Brexiteers will double down [in support of Trump]
but that certainly is not going to win over any undecided voters,” Freedland
insisted. “Donald Trump is a millstone around the neck of the Brexit
cause. … He is just seen as a toxic figure.”

The experts who spoke to The Hill pointed to two silver linings for Trump,
however.

One is the enormity of the crisis rocking May’s conservative government. It
has become the biggest political story of the week and is to some extent
sidelining Trump.

The nation’s focus is also on another, more optimistic story. England’s
soccer team will play in the World Cup semifinal on Wednesday. If England
beats Croatia, it will be in its first final since 1966, its sole World Cup
triumph.

“We play Croatia tomorrow night,” Maitlis said in a Tuesday email from
London. “By the time [Trump] arrives, we will either be deep in mourning for
our loss and barely notice, or so freaked by our rare national success story
that no one will be concentrating on anything other than the Sunday final.”
Ned Latham
2018-07-11 22:34:49 UTC
... vomit!

Trump would just simply be the laughing stock of the planet, if he was
not the political protégé of the f...ugly septic US neo-Nazi/white
supremacist/alt-right lowlife scum now calling the shots on Capitol Hill.
It is absolutely not surprising that if any world politician is forced to
shake his hand due to expected diplomatic protocols afterwards they
immediately run off to the nearest bathroom to scrub with bleach.
Byker
2018-07-12 20:19:47 UTC
Post by Ned Latham
http://youtu.be/GUQB5oxqovg
Ahem: https://tinyurl.com/ybco9nkg
Ned Latham
2018-07-12 23:06:25 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Ned Latham
http://youtu.be/GUQB5oxqovg
Ahem: https://tinyurl.com/ybco9nkg
Thanks for confirming the seriousness of that so horribly contagious
mental disease currently afflicting the US public mind with utter
irrationality.

<http://www.newsweek.com/alt-right-racism-mental-illness-psychiatry-
personality-disorder-652273>

<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/22/anti-communist-laws-
california-trump-russia>

<https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/20/when-democracy-failed-
blacklist-215849>

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism>

Yeah! Alt-rightism is definitely a disease of of the mind!
Byker
2018-07-12 23:42:47 UTC
Post by Ned Latham
Thanks for confirming the seriousness of that so horribly contagious
mental disease currently afflicting the US public mind with utter
irrationality.
You mean Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Patient Zero: http://youtu.be/snD3XcUDo1o
Ned Latham
2018-07-13 02:05:17 UTC
"Ned Latham"
Post by Ned Latham
Thanks for confirming the seriousness of that so horribly contagious
mental disease currently afflicting the US public mind with utter
irrationality.
You mean Trump Derangement --
Well, Trump's mental derangement is definitely a bad symptom displayed by
a country that is goin' down the shitter ...
--Syndrome?
Yep! And sadly it is very infectious and is catching all around the alt-
right septic cesspit you call home sweet home.
<https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/01/psychiatrists-warn-trump-becoming-more-
mentally-unstable.html>

<https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42580762>

<https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thomas-jefferson-street/
articles/2017-12-21/donald-trump-is-dangerous-and-he-has-warned-us-of-
that-fact-himself>
Petzl
2018-07-11 23:36:19 UTC
Post by Byker
You too, Nigel: http://youtu.be/Bmj-X7-u9ys
I expect all hell to break loose as soon as Air Force One's tires hit the
runway: "The 20-foot blimp, which depicts Trump as an angry baby, has been
given the go-ahead to fly on Friday by Mayor Sadiq Khan, with whom the
president has had previous run-ins on Twitter." His coming tweets will be
limited only by the imagination. The live coverage should prove to most
entertaining, heh, heh: http://youtu.be/WXtzqzpI7h0
http://youtu.be/zm8BVyXWBos
http://youtu.be/pkezcrKzi7U
More Trump Derangement Syndrome.
These people need help!
--
Petzl
The Donald succeeding as president in face of Left media Trump Derangement Syndrome.

The Clinton and Bush era of the last 30 years is about to come
to an end in light of the sudden Saudi Arabian purge of Clinton
and Bush allies.
Byker
2018-07-12 23:08:10 UTC
Post by Petzl
More Trump Derangement Syndrome.
These people need help!
Patient "Zero":

Byker
2018-07-14 01:58:24 UTC
Europe is about to descend into chaos because they allowed the globalist
pigs and the emotional nut-jobs to run the show, and we shouldn't
sacrifice a _single_ American life to save their sorry asses this time.
And if Europe falls to the Radicals or the Russians or the Chinese, so
what! We'll just reprogram a couple hundred nukes and dare them to twitch
in our direction.
Is this really what we get for all the blood and treasure sacrifices of
two world wars and trillions, upon trillions of defense spending for the
EU since? Sure, we have expanded our influence and power because of our
participation in these wars, but now, our "supposed friends" have stuck a
knife in our back. Well, well. Perhaps it's time we return the favor, eh?
Europe is gone!
They've gone from Vikings to vaginas:

While the West isn't "lost" per se, it's getting there:

Good essay:
https://gatesofvienna.net/2017/06/why-the-eu-constitutes-a-mortal-threat-to-europeans/

Hey Euros, you go your way and we'll go ours: