Valhalla is NOT for Nithlings
2019-03-15 21:09:13 UTC
Like the Christchurch shooter dreams:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/technology/facebook-youtube-christchurch-shooting.html

Valhalla is *ONLY* for warriors who die in battle at the hands of a
Greater Foe, because that's the DOOM of all those who stand with
Odin against the Frost Giants at the end of the World.

This toad will never be there.

2019-03-17 20:17:15 UTC
Dhu on Gate wrote...
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/technology/facebook-youtube-christchurch-shooting.html
Valhalla is *ONLY* for warriors who die in battle at the hands of a
Greater Foe, because that's the DOOM of all those who stand with
Odin against the Frost Giants at the end of the World.
This toad will never be there.
Dhu
Oddly enough I'm currently reading The Lord of the Rings for the first time
since my early 20's. I don't take it literally though.
Dhu on Gate
2019-03-18 00:15:05 UTC
Post by Eric®
Dhu on Gate wrote...
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/technology/facebook-youtube-christchurch-shooting.html
Valhalla is *ONLY* for warriors who die in battle at the hands of a
Greater Foe, because that's the DOOM of all those who stand with
Odin against the Frost Giants at the end of the World.
This toad will never be there.
Dhu
Oddly enough I'm currently reading The Lord of the Rings for the first time
since my early 20's. I don't take it literally though.
LOTR is the RCC version of Götterdämmerung: JRRT was a fairly conservative theologian.

Valhalla's a lot messier ;-)

New Zealand could have stayed pure, socially undistrupted. But the liberal goal is nothing short of the destruction of what we know of as Western civilization. You want to know what the world will be like in 100 years? Look back about 1000.
Dhu on Gate
2019-03-19 21:45:18 UTC
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/technology/facebook-youtube-christchurch-shooting.html
Valhalla is *ONLY* for warriors who die in battle at the hands of a
Greater Foe, because that's the DOOM of all those who stand with
Odin against the Frost Giants at the end of the World.
This toad will never be there.
Dhu
New Zealand could have stayed pure, socially undistrupted. But the liberal goal is nothing short of the destruction of what we know of as Western civilization. You want to know what the world will be like in 100 years? Look back about 1000.
Yah. Things would be peachy for the Maori if all those pinkos had stayed home.

For sure.