Vancouver to decriminalize illegal drugs possession?
Add Reply
brew noser
2020-11-19 21:15:12 UTC
It would be a first, but like the marijuana issue that took years to get right, maybe this is the first step in treating a drug addiction - or possession of it -
like a medical and health issue, not a criminal one.

Kudos to Vancouver Mayor Kennedy Stewart and his Council for the initiative:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-drug-decriminalization-1.5806519
Greg Carr
2020-11-20 13:54:01 UTC
That should get all the junkies out of Surrey and Langley and wherever to the DTES, Yaletown and Strathcona very quickly.

Hey Dr.Bonnie Henry how many drug addicts you ever cured?

Why did Karen Eileen Gordon lose her govt job and why was she hired in the first place?

Looking for info on Donald Gordon the former spouse of Karen Eileen Gordon.

Karen Eileen Gordon went bankrupt in Victoria, B.C. in 2010. Three years after her divorce from Donald Gordon. She is anti-Semitic, hates Aboriginals, used to hate the Asians until her conversion to the Fifth Column after she shifted her political support to the Liberals. She has used over 200 different nyms in a desperate attempt to avoid kill filters over the years. She is a A.U.K. award winner and a chronic liar. Her best sexual experience was with Jiam Gohmeshi. She is in the bottom 20% of Canadians for assets. She is a total idiot.

GORDON, Karen Eileen
SMYTHE RATCLIFFE INSOLVENCY INC v GORDON, Karen Supreme
Bankruptcy Victoria Law Courts 100580 09Feb2010
15Apr2010 View File Details

GORDON, Karen Eilleen
GORDON, Donald v GORDON, Karen Supreme
Family Law Proceedings Vernon Law Courts 40453 26Apr2007
18Sep2008 Access Not Available

Karen Eileen Gordon is a total ho who advocated for a legal red light district in the DTES in 2015.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/Clark$20red$20light$20Crazy$20Carr/can.politics/a--wSvLziLY/GbBD3Twx0JsJ her post is the last in the thread.

How is RCMP Officer Kim Dobranski doing?

Eric@
2020-11-20 22:31:51 UTC
That should get all the junkies out of Surrey and Langley and wherever to the DTES, Yaletown and Strathcona very quickly.
That could be one side effect. I don't see how it will help street addicts.
It'll help the city's bottom line though.
Dave Smith
2020-11-21 03:48:41 UTC
Post by Eric@
Post by Greg Carr
That should get all the junkies out of Surrey and Langley and wherever
to the DTES, Yaletown and Strathcona very quickly.
That could be one side effect. I don't see how it will help street addicts.
It'll help the city's bottom line though.
The idea of "safe injection" sites appears to have done little more than
to legitimize the use of dangerous drugs. While they like to publish
figures that show they are saving lives, the number of drug overdose
deaths keeps rising.

We need them to change their operational definition of lives saved. They
can't give an antidote to someone ODing again and again and again and
count it as a save each time. If one of their clients ends up with a
fatal OD even 5 years years later they should lose credit for that person.
brew noser
2020-11-21 20:19:22 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Eric@
Post by Greg Carr
That should get all the junkies out of Surrey and Langley and wherever
to the DTES, Yaletown and Strathcona very quickly.
That could be one side effect. I don't see how it will help street addicts.
It'll help the city's bottom line though.
The idea of "safe injection" sites appears to have done little more than
to legitimize the use of dangerous drugs. While they like to publish
figures that show they are saving lives, the number of drug overdose
deaths keeps rising.
We need them to change their operational definition of lives saved. They
can't give an antidote to someone ODing again and again and again and
count it as a save each time. If one of their clients ends up with a
fatal OD even 5 years years later they should lose credit for that person.
Yeah, it's all about keeping the score numbers straight . . . .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxZn5sJCL0VFDkPowEaY83MWBYnrARMPEBuw&usqp=CAU
Eric@
2020-11-21 20:43:44 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Eric@
Post by Greg Carr
That should get all the junkies out of Surrey and Langley and wherever
to the DTES, Yaletown and Strathcona very quickly.
That could be one side effect. I don't see how it will help street addicts.
It'll help the city's bottom line though.
The idea of "safe injection" sites appears to have done little more than
to legitimize the use of dangerous drugs. While they like to publish
figures that show they are saving lives, the number of drug overdose
deaths keeps rising.
We need them to change their operational definition of lives saved. They
can't give an antidote to someone ODing again and again and again and
count it as a save each time. If one of their clients ends up with a
fatal OD even 5 years years later they should lose credit for that person.
I don't think the addiction industry can be relied on for proper
perspective. What gets lost amidst all the constant jabbering about 'safe'
needles and 'safe' drugs is that these people live an utterly horrible
existence - there is no where for them to go, treatment options are almost
non-existent, and they are most likely to be the victims of predatory
street crime. Add to that the social costs of the problem...

This Vancouver announcement is bs anyway - it's not like police are going
around busting addicts - there's too many of them!
brew noser
2020-11-21 22:23:46 UTC
Uh, you need to re-read the article, Schild. Police aren't "going around busting addicts" now. It's the paramedics and our health care system that is suffering. Not to mention the coroner's office. Only those in the coffin-making business are making a profit.
Dave Smith
2020-11-22 03:29:34 UTC
Post by Eric@
Post by Dave Smith
We need them to change their operational definition of lives saved.
They can't give an antidote to someone ODing again and again and again
and count it as a save each time. If one of their clients ends up with
a fatal OD even 5 years years later they should lose credit for that
person.
I don't think the addiction industry can be relied on for proper
perspective. What gets lost amidst all the constant jabbering about 'safe'
needles and 'safe' drugs is that these people live an utterly horrible
existence - there is no where for them to go, treatment options are almost
non-existent, and they are most likely to be the victims of predatory
street crime. Add to that the social costs of the problem...
Actually, there are programs for people. According to someone I know in
the public health business, the big justification for safe injection
sites is to provide with information about treatment programs.
Post by Eric@
This Vancouver announcement is bs anyway - it's not like police are going
around busting addicts - there's too many of them!
And what is the point of arresting them? Incarceration doesn't seem to
do much help them with their drug abuse issues, especially when there is
so much dope in our jails. The courts tend to just turn them loose and
they return to the streets and drugs.

brew noser
2020-11-21 20:14:05 UTC
That should get all the junkies out of Surrey and Langley and wherever to the DTES, Yaletown and Strathcona very quickly.
Is that where you were most comfortable, Carr?
_________________________
"I took the CBC IQ challenge a few years back and my IQ has slipped to 110.
Booze and drugs ate away some of my IQ and schizophrenia took care of the rest."
~ Greg Carr (2013)
Liberals are VERMIN!
2020-11-21 00:02:27 UTC
Not enough dead queer junkies laying in the gutter? Not enough car break-ins and thefts?
brew noser
2020-11-21 22:21:04 UTC
Not enough dead queer junkies laying in the gutter? Not enough car break-ins and thefts?
Not enough racist right wing types joining them in the gutters. If any city does a 'sweep', they shouldn't be ignoring your type, vermin.