Doug Ford starts his patronage appointments . . . .
stick it to the people
2018-07-08 20:06:52 UTC
Doug Ford - April 2018:
“We need to be investing in the front lines,” he said. “We don’t need more layers and layers of bureaucracy.”
___________________________________

'Well, maybe I'll just add this little layer to that pile - after all, he looked after Rob really well and he has a nice way with the media . . . .'
______________________

Ford rewards key Tory adviser with $348K patronage job to curb hospital overcrowding

Premier Doug Ford has quietly appointed a key Progressive Conservative ally to a $348,000-a-year patronage job overseeing a new panel tackling hospital overcrowding.

Hours after been sworn in June 29, Ford convened his first cabinet meeting where one of 37 orders of business was naming Dr. Rueben Devlin to lead the new “premier’s council on improving health care and ending hallway medicine.”

“The chair shall be paid the sum of $348,000 per annum. The chair shall be eligible for reimbursement of expenses incurred in their work on the council,” said a cabinet order-in-council of the three-year post made public on Friday, one week after it was made.

Devlin’s appointment was confirmed at the same meeting where Ford parted ways with former TD Bank chair Ed Clark, who earned $1-a-year to be former Liberal premier Kathleen Wynne’s business adviser and privatization czar.

Devlin will be paid more than Ford, who makes $208,974 as premier, and Health Minister Christine Elliott, who earns $165,851.

Indeed, Ford promised in the campaign that he would cut health-care wait times and end the practice of “hallway medicine” where patients are left in corridors because of staffing shortages.

He also repeatedly said that the widely respected Devlin would be his main adviser on addressing the problem.
[- - -]

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/07/06/ford-rewards-key-tory-adviser-with-348k-patronage-job-to-curb-hospital-overcrowding.html
______________________________________

I guess he just forgot to mention how much taxpayer dollars he planned to pay his family's friendly doctor.

Are we just starting to find out what Ontarians are in for?
stick it to the people
2018-07-08 20:20:56 UTC
Post by stick it to the people
“We need to be investing in the front lines,” he said. “We don’t need more layers and layers of bureaucracy.”
___________________________________
[snip]
Post by stick it to the people
Are we just starting to find out what Ontarians are in for?
Remembering the other Conservative government that also lied to attain power:
________________________

Globe and Mail columnist John Ibbitson went through journalistic perdition trying to get the Harris government to simply tell him the number of operable hospital beds. It turns out that there had been 35,194 acute-care hospital beds in Ontario in 1990.

But a decade later, after only five years into Harris’ revolution, bed numbers had fallen to 21,805, a decline of 38 per cent. “Chronic-care beds declined by 32 per cent over the decade, from 11,436 to 7,787. During that time, Ontario’s population grew by 1.3 million (9 per cent) and its mean age increased by a year and a half, to 36.9 years”.

So it may be a little hard to take Doug Ford seriously with his 30,000 bed promise, while also hearing him promise to bring back Harris-like cuts of overall government spending by six billion dollars. Everybody knows that when it comes to cutting, the most vulnerable area and biggest target is health care. We’ve seen this movie before.

Ford needs to convince the province’s voters, particularly its senior citizens and parents of young children who are the heaviest users of our health care system, that he can do at least as well [as Kathleen Wynne's govt].

He needs to convince us that he is not going to pull another Mike Harris on us.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-07-08 20:41:05 UTC
"stick it to the people" wrote in message news:29aa692c-fc81-4c41-89f4-***@googlegroups.com...

Don't worry Karen, he'll more than make the money back firing Liberals.

So many Liberals ...
b***@gmail.com
2018-07-09 22:19:42 UTC
Amd hiring corrupt tory cronies at triple the salaries? I don't think so. Trump tried it and he's now got the highest debt in U.S. history. Your Doug Ford is a Trump admirer. I think you need to start finding less expensive cuts of meat and past-expiry-date items to buy when you shop . . . . the hard times are just a-startin'.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-07-10 01:09:06 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Don't worry Karen, he'll more than make the money back firing Liberals.
So many Liberals ...
Amd hiring corrupt tory cronies at triple the salaries?
Triple? He's making less than the average doctor in Ontario, and $100K less
than he would if he was still CEO at Humber River Hospital.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/reevely-how-the-premiers-348k-health-care-adviser-can-earn-his-money
Post by b***@gmail.com
I don't think so. Trump tried it and he's now got the highest debt in
U.S. history.
Feel free to search my posting history to find anywhere I've supported
Trump.

But I do have one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/OZUKO-President-Rooster-figurines-collection/dp/B075J9MG1R/ref=sr_1_3?

I keep it next to my Putin riding a bear:

https://www.amazon.com/MeeToy-Putin-Riding-Action-Figure/dp/B00X61MVE8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?

But man, have the prices gone up on that one.
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-columnists/2018/05/08/how-doug-ford-is-different-than-donald-trump.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2018/06/08/did-canada-just-elect-a-trump-light-not-exactly/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.54aa866675a5
Post by b***@gmail.com
I think you need to start finding less expensive cuts of meat and
past-expiry-date items to buy when you shop . . . . the hard times are
just a-startin'.
Projection misbecomes you, Karen.

Although we have cut back a bit in retirement ... inside cabins instead of
balconies ... that sort of thing.
Greg Carr
2018-07-10 01:15:34 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Don't worry Karen, he'll more than make the money back firing Liberals.
So many Liberals ...
Amd hiring corrupt tory cronies at triple the salaries? I don't think so. Trump tried it and he's now got the highest debt in U.S. history. Your Doug Ford is a Trump admirer. I think you need to start finding less expensive cuts of meat and past-expiry-date items to buy when you shop . . . . the hard times are just a-startin'.
http://www.businessinsider.com/national-debt-deficit-added-under-president-barack-obama-2017-1 Obama raised the deficit in every year of his administration. Over his two terms he increased the deficit 86%. He had promised a balanced budget.

The promise: “If we can get on a path of sustained growth, end the war in Iraq, end some of the special interest loopholes and earmarks that have been clogging up the system, then I think we can return to a path of a balanced budget.” — Sen. Barack Obama, 12/13/2007.

Under Trumpenfuhrer the USA has had 3% growth and ppl mocked him on the networks when he promised that on the stump. While he has a huge deficit he has cut corporate taxes significantly which helps ppl who own stocks and have 401k accounts (their version of the RRSP). Unemployment is at its lowest level since the 70's and hopefully it will go lower.