BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -- Dumbass Thinks Money For Lavish ConFabs Will Lowering Temperature -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hillbilly Davis
2017-11-02 22:16:50 UTC
Huge private sector investment puts Paris climate target in reach
We won't hold our breath.

Sooooo many more "alternate energy sources", so little CO² drop... sooooo
little temperature drop.

You can't stop NATCHRAL temperature variations with money, dumb ass little
basement dwelling mommy's boy.

STILL too stupid to know that temperature started going up WAY before CO²
did?

Yes, there IS more CO² now, maybe because there's 6 billion MORE people, a
few billion LESS trees, and yes, more industry and fossil-fuel-burning cars
than ever before, but THAT only lends itself to more CO² being released
from sinks because of the rising temperature, which came first.

CO2 lags temperature
"An article in Science magazine illustrated that a rise in carbon dioxide
did not precede a rise in temperatures. A rise in carbon dioxide levels
could not have caused a rise in temperature if it followed the
temperature." -- SkepticalScience.com

=====

It's Water Vapor, Not the CO², stupid.
Hillbilly Davis
2017-11-02 22:40:59 UTC
Huge private sector investment puts Paris climate target in reach
Are they going to abate water vapour too?

=====

It's Water Vapor, Not the CO²

ACS Climate Science Toolkit | Narratives
Remark: "The Earth has certainly been warming since we have added so much
CO2 to the atmosphere from fossil fuel burning."
Reply: "Forget the CO2. Water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas.
It controls the Earth's temperature."

It's true, that water vapor is the largest contributor to the Earth's
greenhouse effect. On average, it probably accounts for about 60% of the
warming effect. However, water vapor does not control the Earth's
temperature, but it, is instead, controlled by the temperature. This is
because the temperature of the surrounding atmosphere limits the maximum
amount of water vapor the atmosphere can contain. If a volume of air
contains its maximum amount of water vapor and the temperature is
decreased, some of the water vapor will condense to form liquid water.
This is why clouds form as warm air containing water vapor rises and cools
at higher altitudes where the water condenses to the tiny droplets that
make up clouds.

The greenhouse effect that has maintained the Earth's temperature at a
level warm enough for human civilization to develop over the past several
millennia is controlled by non-condensable gases, mainly carbon dioxide,
CO2, with smaller contributions from methane, CH4, nitrous oxide, N2O, and
ozone, O3. Since the middle of the 20th century, small amounts of man-made
gases, mostly chlorine- and fluorine-containing solvents and refrigerants,
have been added to the mix. Because these gases are not condensable at
atmospheric temperatures and pressures, the atmosphere can pack in much
more of these gases . Thus, CO2 (as well as CH4, N2O, and O3) has been
building up in the atmosphere since the Industrial Revolution when we
began burning large amounts of fossil fuel.

If there had been no increase in the amounts of non-condensable greenhouse
gases, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere would not have changed
with all other variables remaining the same. The addition of the non-
condensable gases causes the temperature to increase and this leads to an
increase in water vapor that further increases the temperature. This is an
example of a positive feedback effect. The warming due to increasing non-
condensable gases causes more water vapor to enter the atmosphere, which
adds to the effect of the non-condensables.

There is also a possibility that adding more water vapor to the atmosphere
could produce a negative feedback effect. This could happen if more water
vapor leads to more cloud formation. Clouds reflect sunlight and reduce
the amount of energy that reaches the Earth's surface to warm it. If the
amount of solar warming decreases, then the temperature of the Earth would
decrease. In that case, the effect of adding more water vapor would be
cooling rather than warming. But cloud cover does mean more condensed
water in the atmosphere, making for a stronger greenhouse effect than non-
condensed water vapor alone - it is warmer on a cloudy winter day than on
a clear one. Thus the possible positive and negative feedbacks associated
with increased water vapor and cloud formation can cancel one another out
and complicate matters. The actual balance between them is an active area
of climate science research.
Hillbilly Davis

Dhu on Gate
2017-11-03 15:51:20 UTC
Post by Hillbilly Davis
Huge private sector investment puts Paris climate target in reach
Are they going to abate water vapour too?
=====
It's Water Vapor, Not the CO²
Specious.

a> Most of the CO² we produce comes along with steam.
b> Water vapor doesn't stay gaseous at Earth STP.
c> We'll be in _real_ trouble if we change things
so it does: that's the "Venus" difference.

Bob F
2017-11-03 16:51:08 UTC
Post by Hillbilly Davis
Huge private sector investment puts Paris climate target in reach
Are they going to abate water vapour too?
=====
It's Water Vapor, Not the CO²
Specious.
a> Most of the CO² we produce comes along with steam.
b> Water vapor doesn't stay gaseous at Earth STP.
c> We'll be in _real_ trouble if we change things
so it does: that's the "Venus" difference.
Dhu
Water vapor varies most with temperature. As the air and oceans get
warmer, more water evaporates into the air. As CO2 levels increase in
the air, the air gets warmer because the CO2 keeps infrared energy from
escaping into space. So then the water evaporates into the warmer air,
amplifying the heat increase with its own warming effect. The warmer it
gets, the faster it gets warmer. In this case, CO2 is the key to
starting and maintaining the increase.
Dhu on Gate
2017-11-03 17:10:17 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Hillbilly Davis
[...]
Yes. That would appear to be the case.
If we let this go runaway we'll wind up with a Venusian "ecology".

Ultra Magnus
2017-11-03 20:08:46 UTC
As CO2 levels increase in the air, the air gets warmer because the CO2
keeps infrared energy from escaping into space. So then the water
evaporates into the warmer air, amplifying the heat increase with its
own warming effect. The warmer it gets, the faster it gets warmer. In
this case, CO2 is the key to starting and maintaining the increase.
Which must ALWAYS lead to global COOLING:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/sci_tech/2000/climate_change/1023334.stm

Not our fault

Are we, the fossil-fuel-burning public, partially responsible for this
recent warming trend? Almost assuredly not.

These small global temperature increases of the last 25 years and over
the last century are likely natural changes that the globe has seen many
times in the past.

Human kind has little or nothing to do with the recent temperature changes

William M. Gray
Colorado State University
This small warming is likely a result of the natural alterations in
global ocean currents which are driven by ocean salinity variations.
Ocean circulation variations are as yet little understood.

Human kind has little or nothing to do with the recent temperature
changes. We are not that influential.

There is a negative or complementary nature to human-induced greenhouse
gas increases in comparison with the dominant natural greenhouse gas of
water vapour and its cloud derivatives.

It has been assumed by the human-induced global warming advocates that
as anthropogenic greenhouse gases increase that water vapour and
upper-level cloudiness will also rise and lead to accelerated warming -
a positive feedback loop.

It is not the human-induced greenhouse gases themselves which cause
significant warming but the assumed extra water vapour and cloudiness
that some scientists hypothesise.

Negative feedback

The global general circulation models which simulate significant amounts
of human-induced warming are incorrectly structured to give this
positive feedback loop.

Their internal model assumptions are thus not realistic.

Mainstream opinion believes that pollution contributes to climate change
As human-induced greenhouse gases rise, global-averaged upper-level
atmospheric water vapour and thin cirrus should be expected to decrease
not increase.

Water vapour and cirrus cloudiness should be thought of as a negative
rather than a positive feedback to human-induced - or anthropogenic
greenhouse gas increases.

No significant human-induced greenhouse gas warming can occur with such
a negative feedback loop.

Now then....GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL YOU ASSHOLE!

Or I promise you I will flood these groups until NO ONE Posts here ever
again!

Got it yet asshole?

GOOD!
Dhu on Gate
2017-11-30 20:34:29 UTC
Post by Ultra Magnus
Are we, the fossil-fuel-burning public, partially responsible for this
recent warming trend? Almost assuredly not.
A bunch of asshats who gotta burn shit for their AirCond instead of using Solar?

Your Gonna Die in that shit ;-)

Have fun.

Libs R Pervs
2017-11-30 22:25:35 UTC
Post by Ultra Magnus
Are we, the fossil-fuel-burning public, partially responsible for this
recent warming trend? Almost assuredly not.
A bunch of asshats who gotta burn shit for their AirCond instead of using Solar?
Your Gonna Die in that shit ;-)
Have fun.
Dhu
Die in what, nat. gas fumes?

LOL!
Unum
2017-11-03 19:17:04 UTC
Post by Hillbilly Davis
Huge private sector investment puts Paris climate target in reach
Are they going to abate water vapour too?
=====
It's Water Vapor, Not the CO²
Specious.
a> Most of the CO² we produce comes along with steam.
b> Water vapor doesn't stay gaseous at Earth STP.
c> We'll be in _real_ trouble if we change things
so it does: that's the "Venus" difference.
https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html

water vapor does not control the Earth’s temperature, but is instead

positive feedback effect
Ultra Magnus
2017-11-03 20:11:34 UTC
Post by Unum
water vapor does not control the Earth’s temperature, but is instead
You ain't learning, are ya boy?

Fine - FLOOD TIME!

GOOD!
Dhu on Gate
2017-11-30 20:37:59 UTC
Post by Ultra Magnus
Post by Unum
[...]
Ooooh. Une Fuktard Spreeks!

Libs R Pervs
2017-11-30 22:27:18 UTC
Post by Ultra Magnus
Post by Unum
[...]
Learn any atmospheric physics yet?

,-'-. _.,
. ( '("'-' ').
( ' (( |. )\/( )
'( )) | () |" | | ')
( . ,-. ,-.. __.)
/) / ' /
/ /) / /
Dhu on Gate
2018-03-09 16:27:01 UTC
Post by Ultra Magnus
William M. Gray
Colorado State University
Is dead. Try for something current.

2017-11-03 21:56:27 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Hillbilly Davis
[...]
Yes. That appears to be the consensus. I'm sure there will be additional details emerge...

Ik@r

GOOD!
Ultra Magnus