OT: Notre Dame burning down
2019-04-15 18:27:48 UTC
Notre-Dame Cathedral went up in flames on Monday in a roaring blaze that
devastated the Parisian landmark, one of France's most visited sites.

Flames burst through the roof of the centuries-old cathedral and quickly
engulfed the spire, which collapsed.

A huge plume of smoke wafted across the city and ash fell over a large area.

Firefighters cleared the area around the cathedral, which marks the very centre
of Paris.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/notre-dame-cathedral-paris-fire-1.5098604
Dave Smith
2019-04-15 18:56:22 UTC
Post by Eric®
Notre-Dame Cathedral went up in flames on Monday in a roaring blaze that
devastated the Parisian landmark, one of France's most visited sites.
Flames burst through the roof of the centuries-old cathedral and quickly
engulfed the spire, which collapsed.
A huge plume of smoke wafted across the city and ash fell over a large area.
So sad. It is such a beautiful building and Paris landmark. I have been
there few times and was always amazed by it. The last I heard, the fire
department hasn't really been able to do much to control it.
Eric®
2019-04-15 20:26:58 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Eric®
Notre-Dame Cathedral went up in flames on Monday in a roaring blaze that
devastated the Parisian landmark, one of France's most visited sites.
Flames burst through the roof of the centuries-old cathedral and quickly
engulfed the spire, which collapsed.
A huge plume of smoke wafted across the city and ash fell over a large area.
So sad. It is such a beautiful building and Paris landmark. I have been
there few times and was always amazed by it. The last I heard, the fire
department hasn't really been able to do much to control it.
I've been inside once - jam-packed with tourists. I had no idea that there was
so much flammable material, or that it could catch fire so easily.
M I Wakefield
2019-04-15 19:56:39 UTC
Post by Eric®
Notre-Dame Cathedral went up in flames on Monday in a roaring blaze that
devastated the Parisian landmark, one of France's most visited sites.
Flames burst through the roof of the centuries-old cathedral and quickly
engulfed the spire, which collapsed.
A huge plume of smoke wafted across the city and ash fell over a large area.
Firefighters cleared the area around the cathedral, which marks the very
centre of Paris.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/notre-dame-cathedral-paris-fire-1.5098604
And reported from the French Interior Ministry, they are concerned that the
building could be a complete loss.
M I Wakefield
2019-04-15 21:22:43 UTC
Post by M I Wakefield
And reported from the French Interior Ministry, they are concerned that
the building could be a complete loss.
The building may be saved, but this is the view from above:

M I Wakefield
2019-04-16 02:43:39 UTC