is loss of some freedoms a good thing?
A Moose in Love
2019-03-21 13:38:56 UTC
i'm referring to what we used to be able to purchase in pharmacies back in the good old days. when i was a kid, we used to buy sulfur and saltpeter in order to make gunpowder(along with charcoal). we blew up dinky toys. we blew em' up real good. actually it was more like a fast burn.
are we better off now that we can't buy these things?
M I Wakefield
2019-03-21 13:43:44 UTC
Post by A Moose in Love
i'm referring to what we used to be able to purchase in pharmacies back in
the good old days. when i was a kid, we used to buy sulfur and saltpeter
in order to make gunpowder(along with charcoal). we blew up dinky toys.
we blew em' up real good. actually it was more like a fast burn.
are we better off now that we can't buy these things?
Saltpeter and pink lemonade mix: Smoke tinged a little pink, that smelled of
lemons.
A Moose in Love
saltpeter i've heard causes ed.
M I Wakefield
2019-03-21 15:23:53 UTC
I wouldn't know.
Greg Carr
You are correct.
Byker
2019-03-21 22:00:15 UTC
Post by A Moose in Love
i'm referring to what we used to be able to purchase in pharmacies back in
the good old days. when i was a kid, we used to buy sulfur and saltpeter
in order to make gunpowder(along with charcoal). we blew up dinky toys.
we blew em' up real good. actually it was more like a fast burn.
are we better off now that we can't buy these things?
You can find saltpeter in tree stump remover:
https://sciencing.com/buy-potassium-nitrate-5379088.html

And what about sulfur? We used to dust our socks with the stuff to keep out
the chiggers...