Alfie Evans just died
2018-04-28 18:07:51 UTC
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/04/28/alfie-evans-british-toddler-at-centre-of-legal-battle-dies.html

And while there's a lot of foorah over the matter, with much angst about
the suffering he may or may not have had enough brains to experience,
this:
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-04-scientists-pigs-brains-alive-hours.html
engenders in me a great deal more moral uncertainty and worry than Alfie does.

2018-04-28 18:27:50 UTC
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/04/28/alfie-evans-british-toddler-at-centre-of-legal-battle-dies.html
And while there's a lot of foorah over the matter, with much angst about
the suffering he may or may not have had enough brains to experience,
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-04-scientists-pigs-brains-alive-hours.html
engenders in me a great deal more moral uncertainty and worry than Alfie does.
Poor kid. It is shameful to go to extreme efforts to keep someone alive
when there is no hope of recovery. It is not hope or love. It is
selfishness.
Eric®
2018-05-01 20:21:56 UTC
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/04/28/alfie-evans-british-toddler-at-centre-of-legal-battle-dies.html
And while there's a lot of foorah over the matter, with much angst about
the suffering he may or may not have had enough brains to experience,
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-04-scientists-pigs-brains-alive-hours.html
engenders in me a great deal more moral uncertainty and worry than Alfie does.
Dhu
I blame all the zombie shows on TV these days. I was reading in a Vancouver-
area paper a few months ago that paramedics & firefighters had revived one
overdose-prone addict a total of 45 times over the past few years.
Dhu on Gate
2018-07-06 17:59:44 UTC
Post by Eric®
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/04/28/alfie-evans-british-toddler-at-centre-of-legal-battle-dies.html
And while there's a lot of foorah over the matter, with much angst about
the suffering he may or may not have had enough brains to experience,
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-04-scientists-pigs-brains-alive-hours.html
engenders in me a great deal more moral uncertainty and worry than Alfie does.
Dhu
I blame all the zombie shows on TV these days. I was reading in a Vancouver-
area paper a few months ago that paramedics & firefighters had revived one
overdose-prone addict a total of 45 times over the past few years.
I think these clean shooting galleries are, well, unclean. Addicts should be
given metered carfentanyl inhalers (much faster and cleaner than spikes) and
*VOLUNTARY* access to good medical detox services should they decide not to
die right away.

Dhu (cheaper by the dozen)