Election Skullduggery In New Brunswick And Surrey,BC
2018-10-05 02:57:46 UTC
SAINT JOHN, N.B. -- A New Brunswick judge has confirmed a narrow Liberal win in a recount for a Saint John riding, but further legal challenges are still possible.
The judicial recount means the results of the Sept. 24 provincial election remain at 22 seats for the Progressive Conservatives, and 21 for the Liberals.
A spokesman for the chief electoral officer said the Saint John Harbour recount before the Court of Queen's Bench concluded the Liberals still hold a 10-vote margin of victory.

However a lawyer for the Progressive Conservative candidate has alleged about 40 voters cast their ballots twice and has said he may reinstate an application for the result to be thrown out by early next week.
Recounts were also continuing in a Moncton court in an 11-vote victory for the Green party in the riding of Memramcook-Tantramar, and in a 93-vote victory for the Tories in Oromocto-Lincoln-Fredericton.
No party won a majority, with the Liberals saying they still plan to proceed to a throne speech in just over two weeks and the Tories continuing to call for Premier Brian Gallant to resign immediately and allow Tory Leader Blaine Higgs to form a government.
The Green party and the People's Alliance party each have three seats.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/recount-confirms-liberal-win-in-n-b-riding-but-court-challenge-still-possible-1.4121603
Surrey students believe they were used in potential election fraud attempt

By Janet Brown
Senior Reporter  CKNW

As the RCMP investigate allegations of possible election fraud in Surrey, a group of students at a post-secondary institution believe they’ve been caught up in it unwittingly.

The students from the institution, which will go unnamed to protect their identity, said that “many weeks ago we were approached by a group of men.
“They were asking questions related to our current circumstances and if we were aware of politics in Surrey. We told them we weren’t able to vote.”

The students allege that the men said, “we will give you money if you help with local politics. They asked for our names, number, address and date of birth and in exchange promised to give us $100.” They obliged.
The students said “we did not understand at the time, but now we do, and we’re afraid.”
On Friday, organizers of the massive “Wake Up Surrey” rally that was held in June outside city hall went to the RCMP and Elections BC alleging fraudulent use of absentee ballots and vote buying targeting 15,000 voters in the south Asian community.
I will be voting in the Surrey election but I have no idea yet who to vote for. Doug MCCallum will for sure not be getting my vote. When he was mayor in 2005 we had the highest autotheft rate in North America in the Whalley section of town. He criticized the RCMP for releasing crime stats because, "they showed Surrey in a bad light". Now he is promising Skytrain and over a hundred new cops if elected but he hasn't costed out the proposals nor has he said if he will raise property taxes.

I have worked federal and provincial and municipal elections as a poll clerk and have volunteered as a scrutineer for the Conservative party last election. I can only recall one or two irregularities that ever happened. I don't see how 40 ppl could vote twice without someone crying fowl at the time. Vote buying is another matter. If someone bribed 15k Indos in Surrey at $100 each that would cost the criminals 1.5 million dollars. Follow the money trail RCMP follow the money trail. Hats off to the students for coming forward.
Eric®
Maybe they were too chicken.
Greg Carr
2018-10-06 22:16:52 UTC