Trump Supporting Congressman " We Should Confiscate Guns and If You Fight back, the Government Has Nukes to Deal With It"
Out Of Your Cold, Dead Hands
2019-03-24 19:20:43 UTC
When They Come For Your Guns, You Will Turn Them Over

“When they come for my gun, they will have to pry it out of my
cold, dead hands,” is a common refrain I often hear from the
Neo-Cons when there is a threat, credible or otherwise, that
the US government is going to take their firearms.

And, when I hear this crazy talk, I agree with them openly.
“You are right. They will pry your gun from your cold dead
hands,” which I often follow with the question, “And where will
that leave you except face down in a pool of your own blood
[in] the middle of the street, just another dead fool resisting
the State?”

This is not a question they are comfortable with, if only
because the intent of their saber-rattling was to imply they
would fight to keep their weapons, and win.

Nice fantasy. It’s not happening.

If the federal government decides to disarm the public, and
when the increasingly-militarized rolls down your street after
a not-so-subtle request that you kindly turn over your firearms
and ammunition “for the common good,” it will be nothing less
than suicide by cop to do anything other than what you are
told.

The militarization of US police forces is ongoing and
escalating. Many cities and towns now own tanks, armed
personnel carriers, even attack helicopters, and almost all are
outfitted with military weapons not available to the general
public.

And, it is not just your hometown cops who are getting new
boy-toys. The military itself is buying up weaponry not just
for use in the current or next scheduled war, but to deal with
the likes of you, citizens who don’t seem to understand that
the Bill of Rights has been overruled, and that specifically
includes, but is not limited to, the right to protest and
engage in civil disobedience.

Also ignored (as if it didn’t even exist) is the Posse
Comitatus Act of 1878 which generally bars the military from
law enforcement activities within the United States.

According to Public Intelligence:

“…for the last two years, the President’s Budget Submissions
for the Department of Defense have included purchases of a
significant amount of combat equipment, including armored
vehicles, helicopters and even artillery, under an obscure
section of the FY2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
for the purposes of ‘homeland defense missions, domestic
emergency responses, and providing military support to civil
authorities.’ Items purchased under the section include combat
vehicles, tanks, helicopters, artillery, mortar systems,
missiles, small arms and communications equipment.
Justifications for the budget items indicate that many of the
purchases are part of routine resupply and maintenance, yet in
each case the procurement is cited as being ‘necessary for use
by the active and reserve components of the Armed Forces for
homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and
providing military support to civil authorities’ under section
1815 of the FY 2008 NDAA.”

And, they are not just arming cops and weekend warriors for
domestic purposes. Active duty Marines are now being trained
for law enforcement operations all over the world (of which the
US remains a part) specifically to deal with civil uprisings,
and the US government knows that civil uprisings are coming to
a town near you just as soon as the fantasy of a healing
economy is shattered, the US dollar fails, and unemployment
goes to 30%+ in real numbers.

And, to you tough-talking Neo-Cons with your AR-15 rifles and a
few thousand rounds of ammo, here is the reality: they will
take your guns, and no, all your Second Amendment bluster
aside, you are not going to do anything about it. You are not
going to take on a platoon of Marines with state-of-the-art
automatic weapons and the best body armor you cannot buy
protected by armed personnel carriers and attack helicopters
unless you choose to die that day — for nothing. You will
either be in the country or out, and if you are in, you will
stay in and you will comply.

That is your choice… for the moment.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-03-24 21:18:52 UTC
On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 19:20:43 +0000 (UTC), "Out Of Your Cold, Dead
Post by Out Of Your Cold, Dead Hands
If the federal government decides to disarm the public, and
when the increasingly-militarized rolls down your street after
a not-so-subtle request that you kindly turn over your firearms
and ammunition “for the common good,” it will be nothing less
than suicide by cop to do anything other than what you are
told.
Nope. We'll just kill their wives and kids and pets.