Abject defeat is a good look for Ontario's arrogant Liberal party
2018-06-11 13:41:12 UTC
Ontario’s incumbent Liberals have been obliterated. Outgoing premier
Kathleen Wynne, narrowly re-elected in her own Toronto riding, will now lead
a rump caucus of a mere seven MPPs. The Liberals had pinned their final
hopes on simply maintaining official party status. They fell one seat short.

Abject defeat is a good look for Wynne and Co. The party was properly and
mightily punished by voters not merely for their policy debacles, of which
there were many, or for their ethical failures, which exist in similar
abundance. They were rejected in 117 out of 124 races this week because of
their overwhelming arrogance. Even on those rare occasions when the party
was forced to admit wrongdoing, they always stressed how their main failure
was being too slow to catch on to a problem, rather than chronic
mismanagement, while insisting they were always doing their best, most noble
work.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/np-view-abject-defeat-is-a-good-look-for-ontarios-arrogant-liberal-party

Given the seats added this election, I think it would be reasonable to
increase the number of seats for official party status to 10, or 12.

The requirement was 12 seats until the 1999 election, when the number of
seats in the province was reduced from 130 to 103, and the NDP only won 9
seats; in response the Harris Tories lowered the limit.

In the 2003 election, the NDP were reduced to 7 seats, and the McGuinty
Liberals told the NDP to go fuck themselves. The NDP weren't an official
party again until they won the 2004 by-election that brought Andrea Horwath
to Queen's Park for the first time.
Liberals are VERMIN!
Reducing seat requirements for party status is the equivalent of awarding a "participation" trophy to the NDP/Liberals. They couldn't cut it, but they showed up.
Dave Smith
2018-06-11 16:42:57 UTC
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by M.I.Wakefield
[...]
If Ontario voters had wanted the Liberals to have a stronger presence in
Queens Park we would have elected more of them. They should take their
poor results in the election as a clear signal that we aren't interested
in their input.
Dave Smith
2018-06-11 16:41:11 UTC
In the 2003 election, the NDP were reduced to 7 seats, and the McGuinty
Liberals told the NDP to go fuck themselves.  The NDP weren't an
official party again until they won the 2004 by-election that brought
Andrea Horwath to Queen's Park for the first time.
Yet, the lying leader of the Liberals and former premier Kathleen Wynne
made a speech the other day saying that she hopes the Tories will amend
the rules because when the NDP had only 7 seats the Liberals sat down
and talked about what they could do to help the NDP regain official
party status.
b***@gmail.com
2018-06-11 19:34:11 UTC
Ontario’s incumbent Liberals have been obliterated.
[snip] of incessant, monotonous thrashing of a government and its leader that is no longer the government or the leader.

Sooner or later you're gonna have to turn your attention to the nefarious actions of a less-than-ethical new leader, 'Wakefield'. He's got lots and lots of ugly surprised in store for dumb Ontarians who voted for his party.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-06-11 20:13:42 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Ontario’s incumbent Liberals have been obliterated.
[snip] of incessant, monotonous thrashing of a government and its leader
that is no longer the government or the leader.
Sooner or later you're gonna have to turn your attention to the nefarious
actions of a less-than-ethical new leader, 'Wakefield'. He's got lots and
lots of ugly surprised in store for dumb Ontarians who voted for his
party.
No, we're still in the autopsy, schadenfreude, and kick 'em while they're
down, phase ... Ford won't become Premier until June 29th.
b***@gmail.com
2018-06-11 20:28:40 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Ontario’s incumbent Liberals have been obliterated.
[snip] of incessant, monotonous thrashing of a government and its leader
that is no longer the government or the leader.
Sooner or later you're gonna have to turn your attention to the nefarious
actions of a less-than-ethical new leader, 'Wakefield'. He's got lots and
lots of ugly surprised in store for dumb Ontarians who voted for his
party.
No, we're still in the autopsy, schadenfreude, and kick 'em while they're
down, phase ... Ford won't become Premier until June 29th.
I think the correction in your posting should be substituting "I" for "we".
You're the one who can't seem to stop beating the dead horse.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-06-11 20:54:48 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
No, we're still in the autopsy, schadenfreude, and kick 'em while
they're down, phase ... Ford won't become Premier until June 29th.
I think the correction in your posting should be substituting "I" for
"we". You're the one who can't seem to stop beating the dead horse.
Oh, if you were anywhere close to Ontario, you'd know how wrong you were ...
people are enjoying the fact that those arrogant fucks have gone down hard.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-06-11 21:15:22 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
No, we're still in the autopsy, schadenfreude, and kick 'em while
they're down, phase ... Ford won't become Premier until June 29th.
I think the correction in your posting should be substituting "I" for
"we". You're the one who can't seem to stop beating the dead horse.
Oh, if you were anywhere close to Ontario, you'd know how wrong you were
... people are enjoying the fact that those arrogant fucks have gone down
hard.
And as a summary of how bad a drudging the Liberals took: They didn't win
any of the 17 new seats, they didn't hold a single seat where the Liberal
MPP retired, and they failed to take a single opposition-held seat ... their
shit got thoroughly kicked.

Too bad you weren't here to vote for them, eh, Karen?