Liberals' chances just got a whole lot better . . .
b***@gmail.com
2018-03-10 22:16:45 UTC
http://www.cbc.ca/news

Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say

✿◠‿◠
M.I.Wakefield
2018-03-10 22:39:29 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://www.cbc.ca/news
Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say
May help Horwath, outside the 416, and in the old city, while hurting her in
the rest of the 416. But Wynne is fucking toxic.
b***@gmail.com
Wynne will be stepping down before the election. Just watch.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-03-10 23:57:15 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Wynne will be stepping down before the election. Just watch.
They're running out of time ... the election is less than 13 weeks away.

And TorStar ran a story spit-balling Wynne quitting just over one year ago:

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2017/03/03/seven-people-who-might-replace-premier-kathleen-wynne.html

My comment at the time has aged reasonably well, requiring only minor
revisions ... Eric Hoskins has quit Queen's Park, and Steven Del Duca was
shuffled to Economic Development and Growth:

This story doesn't run if they thought she could win.

Their top 7, including riding and ministry:

Yasir Naqvi, Ottawa Centre, Attorney General
Eric Hoskins, St Paul's, Health
Charles Sousa, Mississauga South, Finance
Steven Del Duca, Vaughan, Transportation
Michael Coteau, Don Valley East, Children & Youth
Mitzie Hunter, Scarborough-Guildwood, Education
Sandra Pupatello

The obvious problem for candidates one through six is that they're tainted
by being in Wynne's cabinet, never mind their own individual problems.

And as for Pupatello, well, she "... served as chair of Hydro One from 2014
to 2015." Say good-night, Sandra.

--------------

"But", you might think, "what about someone off the backbenches?"

Sorry, but it Liz Sandals had a seat at the cabinet table, and you didn't,
you're lucky you even got to the backbenches.

"But", you might think, "what about a Liberal MP?"

Check 'em out here:

https://www.liberal.ca/mp/ [set the filter for Ontario]

Exclude the people in Cabinet, because who want to leave that for a possible
kamikaze run, and I recognize the following names:

- Francesco Sorbara, but only because he's a distant relative of Greg;
- Adam Vaughan, son of Colin;
- Borys Wrzesnewskyj, but only because he's my in-laws' MP, and I've seen
his campaign signs;

and ... of course ...

- David McGuinty, brother of Dalton.

"Ohhhhhh ..." you think.
The Doctor
2018-03-10 23:59:08 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://www.cbc.ca/news
Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say
May help Horwath, outside the 416, and in the old city, while hurting her in
the rest of the 416. But Wynne is toxic.
Wynne will be stepping down before the election. Just watch.
Hope so!!
To make pleasures pleasant, shorten them. -Charles Buxton
The Doctor
2018-03-10 23:58:06 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://www.cbc.ca/news
Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say
May help Horwath, outside the 416, and in the old city, while hurting her in
the rest of the 416. But Wynne is toxic.
Mulroney moreso.

Still looks like someone is not getting the result correct.
To make pleasures pleasant, shorten them. -Charles Buxton
The Doctor
2018-03-10 23:57:26 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://www.cbc.ca/news
Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say
✿◠‿◠
On the first ballot.

The argument is possbile double voting!
To make pleasures pleasant, shorten them. -Charles Buxton
Liberals are VERMIN!
2018-03-11 00:29:30 UTC
People don't want the transgen back.
The Doctor
2018-03-11 00:53:27 UTC
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://www.cbc.ca/news
Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say
✿◠‿◠
People don't want the transgen back.
Looks as if Elliott is having a hissy!
Life is a long lesson in humility. -James M. Barrie
Dave Smith
2018-03-11 12:50:15 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://www.cbc.ca/news
Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say
✿◠‿â—
People don't want the transgen back.
Looks as if Elliott is having a hissy!
It shows a side of her that would have made her a bad choice for premier.

Ford seems to have some legitimate arguments against the PC party
process. He claimed that there us a two tier system in the party when it
came to voter registration. A lot of his supporters were unable to vote
because they had not received the keys in the mail, but other members
got theirs by email. I would have to agree with him that the party
establishment was ignoring the grass roots supporters.
simplicity
2018-03-11 16:24:35 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by The Doctor
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://www.cbc.ca/news
Doug Ford narrowly elected new Ontario PC leader, sources say
✿◠‿â—
People don't want the transgen back.
Looks as if Elliott is having a hissy!
It shows a side of her that would have made her a bad choice for premier.
Ford seems to have some legitimate arguments against the PC party
process. He claimed that there us a two tier system in the party when it
came to voter registration. A lot of his supporters were unable to vote
because they had not received the keys in the mail, but other members
got theirs by email. I would have to agree with him that the party
establishment was ignoring the grass roots supporters.
The Ontario PC "swamp" must be crapping into their pants today.

Yesterday, I saw couple tweets by one former con (well, sort of) turned leftie, Michael Coren. Holly smokes! He got unhinged...
Eric®
Coren will say anything as long as people keep paying him.
simplicity
2018-03-14 02:55:04 UTC
Post by Eric®
Post by simplicity
Post by Dave Smith
Post by The Doctor
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Agreed. He is an intellectual prostitute. His current client is Torstar.