Blame Canada!
2017-10-07 03:41:16 UTC
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-administration-punishes-bombardier-with-another-import-duty/article36515124/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Things are gonna get worse: when the Beltway Dance
calls for a cat to get kicked, guess where it lands ...

BumbleBee
2017-10-07 04:01:31 UTC
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-administration-punishes-bombardier-with-another-import-duty/article36515124/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
Things are gonna get worse: when the Beltway Dance
calls for a cat to get kicked, guess where it lands ...
Dhu
Izzat a Skidoo lodged in yer arse?
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-07 04:52:24 UTC
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-administration-punishes-bombardier-with-another-import-duty/article36515124/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
Things are gonna get worse: when the Beltway Dance
calls for a cat to get kicked, guess where it lands ...
Dhu
Izzat a Skidoo lodged in yer arse?
Problem is this might look like a shot at Canada
but it's aim is to break the Good Friday Peace.

BumbleBee
Will ya be a sendin' the IRA in then?
TomP
2017-10-07 17:44:18 UTC
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-administration-punishes-bombardier-with-another-import-duty/article36515124/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
Things are gonna get worse: when the Beltway Dance
calls for a cat to get kicked, guess where it lands ...
Dhu
Meanwhile Boeing is guilty of receiving unfair subsidies as determined
by the WTO.

http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2017/09/wto-boieing-subsidies-777x.html
simplicity
2017-10-08 01:58:23 UTC
Post by TomP
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-administration-punishes-bombardier-with-another-import-duty/article36515124/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
Things are gonna get worse: when the Beltway Dance
calls for a cat to get kicked, guess where it lands ...
Dhu
Meanwhile Boeing is guilty of receiving unfair subsidies as determined
by the WTO.
http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2017/09/wto-boieing-subsidies-777x.html
Meanwhile, with some 300% duty imposed on Bombardier they can probably revise their sales projections down to zero.
More bailouts will follow up.

What I do not get is why TomP, form Manitoba, is suddenly defending, implicitly, the corporate welfare toward Quebec company well knows as a perennial parasite on Canadian economy. I wonder if he knows it.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-08 03:43:15 UTC
Post by simplicity
Post by simplicity
Post by simplicity
Meanwhile, with some 300% duty imposed on Bombardier they can probably
revise their sales projections down to zero.
More bailouts will follow up.
What I do not get is why TomP, form Manitoba, is suddenly defending,
implicitly, the corporate welfare toward Quebec company well knows as a
perennial parasite on Canadian economy. I wonder if he knows it.
We might find it possible to pick up some of Boeing's biz in the EU for
cutrate Jets. This is for not picking up that F35 tab.

TomP
2017-10-08 14:23:56 UTC
Post by simplicity
Post by TomP
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-administration-punishes-bombardier-with-another-import-duty/article36515124/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
Things are gonna get worse: when the Beltway Dance
calls for a cat to get kicked, guess where it lands ...
Dhu
Meanwhile Boeing is guilty of receiving unfair subsidies as determined
by the WTO.
http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2017/09/wto-boieing-subsidies-777x.html
Meanwhile, with some 300% duty imposed on Bombardier they can probably revise their sales projections down to zero.
More bailouts will follow up.
What I do not get is why TomP, form Manitoba, is suddenly defending, implicitly, the corporate welfare toward Quebec company well knows as a perennial parasite on Canadian economy. I wonder if he knows it.
How do you relate a trade dispute to corporate bailouts? They are 2
separate issues.
Here we are negotiating a free trade deal with the US while at the same
time they are imposing tariffs. Why even have a trade deal with them at
all? We should walk away from the NAFTA negotiations and cancel the deal
entirely. Canadians will be better off without NAFTA.
BumbleBee
Oh Heck yes!!!!
Dave Smith
2017-10-08 15:56:31 UTC
Post by TomP
Here we are negotiating a free trade deal with the US while at the same
time they are imposing tariffs. Why even have a trade deal with them at
all? We should walk away from the NAFTA negotiations and cancel the deal
entirely. Canadians will be better off without NAFTA.
Why bother making any treaties with the US? They have a long history of
breaking them. They wouldn't sign on to the World Court of Justice
because they realized that their own people might end up on trial. They
had way to much say in the Treaty of Versailles, considering their late
entry and small role in the war, but pushed for major items in the
treaty. Woodrow Wilson got what he wanted, but then the US never
ratified the deal. They had treaties with the native people and then
allowed their people to break them and ended up going to war with the
Indians when they fought off the trespassers. They were the major
force behind NAFTA and got most of what they wanted. Now Trump wants to
cancel and is using that threat of yanking the deal for leverage.
BumbleBee
2017-10-08 16:02:51 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by TomP
Here we are negotiating a free trade deal with the US while at the same
time they are imposing tariffs. Why even have a trade deal with them at
all? We should walk away from the NAFTA negotiations and cancel the deal
entirely. Canadians will be better off without NAFTA.
Why bother making any treaties with the US?
Oh my GAWD...not this tired rant yet AGAIN???
Post by Dave Smith
They have a long history of
breaking them.
Blah, blah, blah...
Post by Dave Smith
They wouldn't sign on to the World Court of Justice
because they realized that their own people might end up on trial.
We don't just GIVE our rights away to the globalist vermin like you
serfs of the royals do.
Post by Dave Smith
They
had way to much say in the Treaty of Versailles, considering their late
entry and small role in the war,
"small role"?

Try winning it with CanaDUH in teh lead, LOL!
Post by Dave Smith
but pushed for major items in the
treaty.
Boo fucking hoo!
Post by Dave Smith
Woodrow Wilson got what he wanted, but then the US never
ratified the deal.
Yes, we has the psine (then) to reject the first wholesale push for
global government, you fucking spineless jellyfish!
Post by Dave Smith
They had treaties with the native people and then
allowed their people to break them and ended up going to war with the
Indians when they fought off the trespassers.
Uh, your "1ts nations" fared any better, hypocrite?

http://firstpeoplesofcanada.com/fp_treaties/fp_treaties_two_views.html

First Nations saw treaties in a different light. To them, treaties were
solemn pacts establishing the future basis of relations between their
people, for whom Canada is an ancient homeland, and the new Government
of Canada and its people.

First Nations representatives signed the treaties to ensure that they
would receive some government assistance in the future to ensure the
survival of their people. They believed (because all the Treaty
Commissioners told them so) that they would be cherished and protected
by the Crown with whom they had a special relationship.

In return, First Nations believed they were merely giving the new
settlers the right to use some of their lands for farming. First Nations
people are certain they had no thought of giving up all title to their
land, nor could they even comprehend the concept of extinguishment of
all title and all rights to their land forever.

They also are absolutely certain that they never relinquished their
status as sovereign nations. And they certainly have never had any
intention of assimilating and giving up their traditions.
Post by Dave Smith
They were the major
force behind NAFTA and got most of what they wanted.
Nope.
Oh FUCK YES!!!!!
Dave Smith
2017-10-08 19:02:25 UTC
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They have a long history of breaking them.
Blah, blah, blah...
I will take that to mean you cannot refute it.
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They wouldn't sign on to the World Court of Justice because they
realized that their own people might end up on trial.
We don't just GIVE our rights away to the globalist vermin like you
serfs of the royals do.
Funny how it was a good idea when you figured you could use it to
prosecute others.
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They had way to much say in the Treaty of Versailles, considering
their late entry and small role in the war,
"small role"?
Yes. It was a small role. The war started in 1914. The US did not join
the Allies until April 1917 and didn't have any role in the fighting
until 1918. They fought so badly they had them alongside the French. T
Post by Dave Smith
Woodrow Wilson got what he wanted, but then the US never ratified the
deal.
Yes, we has the psine (then) to reject  the first wholesale push for
global government, you fucking spineless jellyfish!
He pushed for it. The treaty included WIlson's precious League of
Nations, but the US never ratified the treaty and never joined the
League of Nations.
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They had treaties with the native people and then allowed their people
to break them and ended up going to war with the Indians when they
fought off the trespassers.
Uh, your "1ts nations" fared any better, hypocrite?
There was no attempt to slaughter them, no attacks on camps full of
woman and children.
BumbleBee
2017-10-08 19:58:32 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They have a long history of breaking them.
Blah, blah, blah...
I will take that to mean you cannot refute it.
I will take this to mean, as with almost all Canucklheads here, you have
a major problem with the USA - your designated whipping post for all
geopolitical vagaries and such.

Trite, but that's what you Canucks thrive on!
Post by Dave Smith
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They wouldn't sign on to the World Court of Justice because they
realized that their own people might end up on trial.
We don't just GIVE our rights away to the globalist vermin like you
serfs of the royals do.
Funny how it was a good idea when you figured you could use it to
prosecute others.
No citation!!!!!!

WTF are you deluding about now?

Are you intimating THE USA birthed the ICJ?

Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Court_of_Justice

The International Court of Justice (French: Cour internationale de
justice; commonly referred to as the World Court, ICJ or The Hague[2])
is the primary judicial branch of the United Nations (UN). Seated in the
Peace Palace in The Hague, Netherlands, the court settles legal disputes
submitted to it by states and provides advisory opinions on legal
questions submitted to it by duly authorized international branches,
agencies, and the UN General Assembly.

Established in 1945 by the UN Charter, the Court began work in 1946 as
the successor to the Permanent Court of International Justice. The
Statute of the International Court of Justice, similar to that of its
predecessor, is the main constitutional document constituting and
regulating the Court.
Post by Dave Smith
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They had way to much say in the Treaty of Versailles, considering
their late entry and small role in the war,
"small role"?
Yes. It was a small role. The war started in 1914. The US did not join
the Allies until April 1917 and didn't have any role in the fighting
until 1918. They fought so badly they had them alongside the French.  T
Wow, you really are a deep-seated America hater.

http://www.ushistory.org/us/45.asp

The contributions of the United States military to the Allied effort
were decisive. Since the Russians decided to quit the war, the Germans
were able to move many of their troops from the eastern front to the
stalemate in the West. The seemingly infinite supply of fresh American
soldiers countered this potential advantage and was demoralizing to the
Germans. American soldiers entered the bloody trenches and by November
1918, the war was over. Contributions to the war effort were not
confined to the battlefield. The entire American economy was mobilized
to win the war. From planting extra vegetables to keeping the furnace
turned off, American civilians provided extra food and fuel to the war
effort.

http://www.american-historama.org/1913-1928-ww1-prohibition-era/american-battles-in-wwi.htm

American Battles in WW1 for kids: The 13 US Campaigns
The American Expeditionary Force (AEF) was engaged in 13 campaigns,
during the period 1917–1918 in World War One.

The 13 US Campaigns in WW1

Cambrai (Battle of Cambrai) - 20 November - 4 December 1917
Somme Defensive - 21 March - 6 Apri1 1918
Lys (Battle of Lys) - 9 - 27 April 1918
Aisne (Battle of Cantigny) - 27 May - 5 June 1918
Montdidier-Noyon - 9 - 13 June 1918
Champagne-Marne - 15 - 18 July 1918
Aisne-Marne - 18 July - 6 August 1918
Somme Offensive - 8 August - 11 November 1918
Oise-Aisne - 18 August - 11 November 1918
Ypres-Lys - 19 August - 11 November 1918
St. Mihiel - 12 - 16 September 1918
Meuse-Argonne - 26 September - 11 November 1918
Vittorio Veneto - 24 October - 4 November 1918

The 13 US Campaigns in WW1

Facts about American Battles in WW1 for kids: 1917, Americans arrive in
France
The First Division landed at the ports of the French town of St. Nazaire
in late June 1917. The sight of the fresh American soldiers had an
amazing effect on French morale. The allied commanders arranged for a
grand reception for the Americans on the Fourth of July in Paris. The
Second Battalion of the First Division’s 16th Infantry, headed by
General John J. Pershing, marched through the streets of Paris on July
4, 1917. Jubilant Parisians assembled at the tomb of the Marquis de
Lafayette, who had famously fought in the American Revolution. The
arrival of the rest of the American Expeditionary Force started soon
after. The Second Division began arriving in small numbers in late
August 1917 and were still arriving in the spring of 1918. Americans
played a small part in the Battle of Cambrai in 1917 but the majority
of American Battles in WW1 were fought in 1918.

Facts about American Battles in WW1 for kids: Summary of the US
Campaigns at the Western Front
On March 21, 1918, the Germans launched a massive attack along the
Western Front and American troops played an important role in containing
the German offensive. American troops joined the Aisne-Marne Campaign
(27 May - 5 June 1918) and fought in the Battle of Cantigny. Theywent on
to the town of Chateau-Thierry for their next battle and successfully
held their ground. On July 15, 1918 the Germans launched one last
massive attack in a determined attempt to take Paris and Americans went
on to fight in the Battle of Belleau Wood and Battle of Noyon. The
battle of Saint-Mihiel was followed by the Meuse-Argonne campaign, aka
the Battle of the Argonne Forest, that began on September 26, 1918
between the Meuse River and the Argonne Forest. Over 600,000 American
troops commanded by General Pershing faced the Germans. The US troops
suffered heavy casualties during the Battle of the Argonne Forest but
the Americans succeeded in shattering the German defenses, opening a
hole in the German lines. The fighting finally ended when an armistice
went into effect on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month on
November 11, 1918.

Facts about American Battles in WW1 for kids: The 13 US Campaigns
The following fact sheet on American Battles in WW1 includes information
about the conflicts and troops in the thirteen campaigns during the
Great War.

Facts about American Battles in WW1 for kids: The 13 US Campaigns

American Battles in WW1 Fact 1: Cambrai (20 November - 4 December 1917):
The Battle of Cambrai was fought at Cambrai, France and was the first
use of large numbers of tanks in combat at the Western Front. The 11th,
12th, and 14th American engineer regiments were deployed to help in
construction activity behind the British lines at Cambrai. The Battle of
Cambrai took a terrible toll on the British and the US engineer
regiments were called upon to help the Allies on the last day of the
Battle of Cambrai and became the first A.E.F. units to meet the enemy on
the front lines of World War One.

American Battles in WW1 Fact 2: Somme Defensive - Operation Michael (21
March - 6 Apri1 1918): On 25 March 1918 General Pershing provided
support to the French consisting of four American divisions of of about
2200 men including the 6th, 12th, and 14th Engineers and the 17th, 22nd,
and 148th Aero Squadrons

American Battles in WW1 Fact 3: Lys (9 - 27 April 1918): The Germans
attacked the narrow front along the Lys River in Flanders. Approximately
500 American troops participated in the Battle of Lys including the 69th
Infantry Regiment, the 16th Engineers, 28th Aero Squadron and 1st Gas
Regiment.

American Battles in WW1 Fact 4: Aisne-Marne Campaign (27 May - 5 June
1918) and the Battle of Cantigny: The Germans crossed the Aisne River
and rapidly advanced westward, coming within 50 miles of Paris. The
Battle of Cantigny took place near Montdidier and was the first
sustained American offensive of the war fought on 28 May 1918, the
second day of the massive German offensive comprising the Third Battle
of the Aisne. 4,000 US troops of the American 1st Division, commanded by
Major-General Robert Lee Bullard, captured the village of Cantigny, held
by the German 18th Army

American Battles in WW1 Fact 5: Aisne-Marne Campaign (27 May - 5 June
1918) and the Battle of Chateau-Thierry on Jun 3, 1918. The Americans
attacked the Germans at Chateau-Thierry, a battle that extended into the
larger Battle of Belleau Wood.

American Battles in WW1 Fact 6: Aisne-Marne Campaign (27 May - 5 June
1918) and the Battle of Belleau Wood. The Battle of Belleau Wood was
fought by U.S. Marine Corps and began on June 6, 1918 and ended on July
1, 1918. The Americans suffered 10,000 casualties but succeeded in the
expulsion of the Germans and the capture of Belleau Wood.

American Battles in WW1 Fact 7: Montdidier-Noyon (9 - 13 June 1918): The
Battle of Noyon was fought by French and a small contingent of American
troops supported by tanks. The Germans were pushed back from the lines
and halted their offensive.

American Battles in WW1 Fact 8: Champagne-Marne (15 - 18 July 1918):
Three German armies and 52 divisions were directed to the
Champagne-Marne offensive which was ended on 18 July by a massive French
counter-attack launched by four French armies, with American, British
and Italian divisions in support.
Post by Dave Smith
Woodrow Wilson got what he wanted, but then the US never ratified the
deal.
Yes, we has the psine (then) to reject  the first wholesale push for
global government, you fucking spineless jellyfish!
He pushed for it.
He was a scumsucking racist piece of globalist SHIT!
Post by Dave Smith
The treaty included WIlson's precious League of
Nations, but the US never ratified the treaty and never joined the
League of Nations.
Because we had eh SPINE then to avoid that latest globalist assault
after the illegally passed Federal Reserve Act, you fucking MORON!

Why are you such a one note idiot?

You recycle the same tired rants time after time after time...

All your life is spent kvethchign and nattering about America - that is
when you aren't sickeningly sucking up to us in rec.food.cooking, you
big trucker-bullying coward!

You think your BULLSHIT isn't well known, asshole?

Try again.
Post by Dave Smith
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They had treaties with the native people and then allowed their
people to break them and ended up going to war with the Indians when
they fought off the trespassers.
Uh, your "1ts nations" fared any better, hypocrite?
There was no attempt to slaughter them,
LIAR!

http://canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org/intro2.html

Hidden from History:
The Canadian Holocaust

Chronology of Events: Genocide in Canada

1857: The Gradual Civilization Act is passed by the Legislature of Upper
Canada, permanently disenfranchising all Indian and Metis peoples, and
placing them in a separate, inferior legal category than citizens.

1874: The Indian Act is passed in Canada’s Parliament, incorporating the
inferior social status of native people into its language and
provisions. Aboriginals are henceforth imprisoned on reserve lands and
are legal wards of the state.

1884: Legislation is passed in Ottawa creating a system of state-funded,
church administered Indian Residential Schools.

1905: Over one hundred residential schools are in existence across
Canada, 60% of them run by the Roman Catholics.

1907: Dr. Peter Bryce, Medical Inspector for the Department of Indian
Affairs, tours the residential schools of western Canada and British
Columbia and writes a scathing report on the "criminal" health
conditions there. Bryce reports that native children are being
deliberately infected with diseases like tuberculosis, and are left to
die untreated, as a regular practice. He cites an average death rate of
40% in the residential schools.

November 15, 1907: Bryce’s report is quoted in The Ottawa Citizen’s
headline.

1908-1909: Duncan Campbell Scott, Superintendent of Indian Affairs,
suppresses Bryce’s report and conducts a smear and cover-up campaign
regarding its findings. Bryce is expelled from the civil service.

November, 1910: A joint agreement between the federal government and the
Roman Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian and Methodist churches
establishes the structure of Indian Residential Schools and the
contractual obligations of churches running them. Duncan Campbell Scott
refers to the policy of the government as that of seeking a “final
solution to the Indian Problem”.

May, 1919: Despite an escalating death rate of Indian children in
residential schools from tuberculosis - in some cases as high as 75% -
Duncan Campbell Scott abolishes the post of Medical Inspector for Indian
residential schools. Within two years, deaths due to tuberculosis have
tripled in residential schools.

1920: Federal legislation makes it mandatory for every Indian child to
be sent to residential schools upon reaching seven years of age.

1928: Sexual Sterilization Act is passed in Alberta, allowing any inmate
of a native residential school to be sterilized upon the approval of the
school Principal. At least 3,500 Indian women are sterilized under this law.

1933: An identical Sexual Sterilization Act is passed in British
Columbia. Two major sterilization centres are established by The United
Church of Canada on the west coast, in Bella Bella and Nanaimo, in which
thousands of native men and women are sterilized by missionary doctors
until the 1980’s.

1933: Residential school Principals are made the legal guardians of all
native students, under the oversight of the federal Department of Mines
and Resources. Every native parent is forced by law to surrender legal
custody of their children to the Principal - a church employee - or face
imprisonment.

1938: Attempt by the federal government to close all residential schools
and incorporate Indian children into public schools is defeated by
pressure brought by Catholic and Protestant church leaders.

1946: Project Paperclip - a CIA program utilizing ex-Nazi researchers in
medical, biological warfare and mind control experiments - uses native
children from Canadian residential schools as involuntary test subjects,
under agreements with the Catholic, Anglican and United churches. These
illegal tests continue until the 1970’s.

1948 - 1969: Offshoot programs of Project Paperclip are established in
United Church and government hospitals in Nanaimo, Brannen Lake, Sardis,
Bella Bella, Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia; in Red Deer and
Ponoka, Alberta; and at the Lakehead Psychiatric Hospital in Thunder
Bay, Ontario. All of these programs use native children abducted from
reserves, foster homes, and residential schools, with the full knowledge
of church, police and Indian Affairs officials.

1969: Indian Affairs Minister Jean Chretien tables his White Paper in
Parliament, which reaffirms the "assimilationist" policy of the past
century that denies sovereignty and equal status to native nations. As a
token gesture, Chretien assigns a limited control over Indian education
to local, state-funded band councils. Many residential schools are
phased out altogether or simply taken over by band councils.

1984: The last Indian residential school is closed, in northern British
Columbia.

1990: State-funded leaders of the Assembly of First Nations discuss
“abuses” in residential schools for the first time publicly.

1994-95: Eyewitnesses to murders at the United Church’s Alberni
residential school speak out publicly, from the pulpit of Reverend Kevin
Annett in Port Alberni. Annett is summarily fired without cause within a
month, and is expelled from United Church ministry without due process
during 1996.

February, 1996: The first class action lawsuit of Alberni residential
school survivors is brought against the United Church of Canada and the
federal government. The church responds with a counter-suit and an
attempted “gag order” on Kevin Annett, which fails.

1996-7: Further evidence of murder, sterilisations and other atrocities
at coastal residential schools are documented by Kevin Annett and native
activists in public forums in Vancouver. The number of lawsuits brought
against the churches and government by residential school survivors
climbs to over 5,000 across Canada.

June 12-14, 1998: The first independent Tribunal into Canadian
residential schools is convened in Vancouver by IHRAAM (International
Human Rights Association of American Minorities), an affiliate of the
United Nations. Evidence is submitted by dozens of aboriginal witnesses
to crimes against humanity. The Tribunal concludes that the government
of Canada and the Catholic, United and Anglican churches are guilty of
complicity in Genocide, and recommends to the United Nations that a War
Crimes investigation be held.

1998-1999: Under strong pressure from the government of Canada, the
United Nations refuses to act on IHRAAM’s recommendation. Further
evidence and reports of Genocide in residential schools is blacked out
of the mainstream media across Canada. A concerted smear and
misinformation campaign is launched by the United Church and the RCMP
against Kevin Annett and his network’s efforts to document and expose
genocidal practices by church and state in Canada.

October, 1998: The Vancouver Province reports the admission of United
Church lawyers that their church has engaged in a joint cover-up with
the federal government of crimes committed at its Alberni Indian
residential school since at least 1960.

January, 1999: The New Internationalist magazine in Great Britain
reports the findings of the IHRAAM Tribunal, including the evidence of
murder in Canadian residential schools, but is subsequently threatened
and silenced by United Church and Canadian government lawyers.

February, 2000: The number of lawsuits brought by residential school
survivors climbs to over 10,000. The federal government introduces
legislation limiting the number of such lawsuits. It also announces that
it will assume primary financial responsibility both for residential
school damages and the legal expenses of the churches which ran the
schools, despite the fact that Canadian courts have ruled that the
churches bear either a majority or an equal responsibility for crimes at
the schools.

April, 2000: The federal Health Department admits that it used native
children from four residential schools, including Port Alberni, in
medical experiments during the 1940’s and ‘50’s, including the
deliberate denial of vitamins and dental care to them to study the
effects. (The Vancouver Sun, April 26, 2000)

August, 2000: The Truth Commission into Genocide in Canada is formed in
Vancouver by forty-eight native and non-native activists, with Kevin
Annett as its Secretary. Its mandate is to carry on the work of the
IHRAAM Tribunal, and bring charges of Genocide against churches, the
RCMP and the government of Canada.

February, 2001: The Truth Commission publishes its six year study of
Genocide in Canada, “Hidden from History: The Canadian Holocaust”. A
second edition is published in June. Efforts by the United Church to
legally prevent its publication fail.

September-October, 2001: Judicial decisions in British Columbia and
Manitoba deny the claims of residential school survivors that genocide
was practiced, absolve the churches of any direct responsibility for
damages, and block any future lawsuits from claims older than thirty
years, when most residential schools were closed more than thirty years
ago. (!)

October, 2001: New eyewitnesses come forward with first-hand evidence
that native children are being used in west coast pedophile rings
involving senior judges, politicians, church and aboriginal leaders. One
of these pedophile networks operates out of the prestigious Vancouver Club.

December 15, 2001 - The Roman Catholic Church discloses that it hired a
known and convicted sex offender and murderer, Martin Saxey, to work as
a dormitory supervisor at its Christie Indian Residential School in
Tofino, British Columbia, during the 1960's. Saxey subsequently raped
and terrorized children at this school without ever being reprimanded or
prosecuted.

April 27, 2002 - The first television documentary featuring eyewitnesses
to murders in Canadian Indian Residential Schools is broadcast in
Vancouver, on CTV's "First Story" program. The show is aired
simultaneously in Winnipeg, Toronto, and Halifax. Rev. Kevin Annett and
native survivors of genocide give their stories. On the same program,
United Church official Brian Thorpe admits for the first time that
criminal actions occured in his church's residential schools, validating
the claims made by Rev. Annett, which had caused him to be expelled from
the United Church in 1997 by Thorpe and others.

July 22, 2002 - A gag order in the form of a defamation lawsuit is
brought by the government of Canada against Rev. Annett and others
through its paid agent, Chief Edward John of the state-funded First
Nations Summit.

The lawsuit seeks an injunction banning Rev. Annett from discussing the
allegations of secret land deals, murder, drug trafficking and
pedophilia made against Chief John and other state-funded native chiefs
by members of his own tribal council, Frank Martin and Helen Michel.
Chief John's lawsuit is handled by Queen's Counsel Marvin Storrow of
Blake, Cassels and Graydon law firm in Vancouver. Storrow is a personal
friend and legal counsel to Prime Minister Jean Chretien.

August 22, 2002 - Although Rev. Annett was never notified or subpoenaed,
the lawsuit goes ahead and Ed John wins his injunction against Rev.
Annett in the British Columbia Supreme Court. The injunction is granted
by Judge James Taylor, who on behalf of the Law Society of BC helped
disbar lawyer Jack Cram in April, 1994 after Cram had made similar
allegations as Rev. Annett concerning possible pedophilia and corruption
among judges and politicians in BC involving native children.

September-October, 2002 - Despite the injunction banning his
constitutional freedom of speech, Rev. Annett continues to refer
publicly to the allegations against Ed John and the conflict of interest
of Judge Taylor, over Annett's radio program, Hidden From History, in
Vancouver.

October 18, 2002 - A Restraining Order against Rev. Annett is issued by
Judge Taylor, who also bans native eyewitnesses Frank Martin and Helen
Michel from discussing their evidence about Ed John, and strikes their
statements from all BC court records. Judge Taylor also indicates his
intention to seek a banning of Rev. Annett's book on genocide in Canada,
"Hidden from History: The Canadian Holocaust".

November 1, 2002 - Rev. Annett's latest book, "Love and Death in the
Valley", is published by First Books in the United States. Acting for Ed
John, lawyer Marvin Storrow tries to prevent its publication, but fails.

Early December, 2002 - An all-party Parliamentary meeting in Ottawa
discusses "Hidden from History: The Canadian Holocaust", and "hashes
over how to deal with all the Indians who are starting to talk about
murders in residential schools", according to a source who was present.

December 14, 2002 - A sheriff from the Port Coquitlam office of the
Attorney-General attempts to serve court documents on Rev. Annett, but
is unable to locate him. The documents are reported to be either a
summary arrest warrant for Rev. Annett or a more severe Restraining Order.

December 18, 2002 - A spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Human
Rights in Geneva confirms that the Commissioner will "probably" be
sending an official investigator to Canada in the spring of 2003 to
examine evidence of crimes against humanity committed against native
peoples. She confirms that Prime Minister Jean Chretien could
theoretically be summoned to publicly answer charges of complicity in
Genocide.

December 28,2002: Kevin Annett is interviewed on KFI radio station in
Los Angeles about genocide in Canada, and is heard by an audience of
over two million people. Kevin discusses the attacks he is experiencing
from the government of Canada through the law firm of Blake, Cassels and
Graydon in Vancouver.

Dated 11 January 2003 .... Updates to follow
Post by Dave Smith
no attacks on camps full of
woman and children.
You mean the ones you KIDNAPPED and tried to "reeducate"?

You lying ASSHOLE!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/10/06/canada-pay-millions-indigenous-people-taken-homes-forced-adoption/741027001/

Canada agrees to pay millions to indigenous people taken from their homes
The Associated Press Published 4:51 p.m. ET Oct. 6, 2017

TORONTO — The Canadian government has agreed to pay compensation to
indigenous people who were taken from their homes and adopted into
non-indigenous families.

Indigenous Relations Minister Carolyn Bennett announced the settlement
Friday in what’s known as the “Sixties Scoop.” Indigenous children were
robbed of their cultural identities by being placed with non-native
families by child welfare services during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
Many lost touch with their culture and language.

The settlement for an estimated 20,000 people is aimed at resolving
numerous related lawsuits. The victims will share 750 million Canadian
dollars ($596 million), with individual amounts to be determined later.
Many said they expected a settlement of around 50,000 Canadian dollars each.

Lead plaintiff Marcia Brown Martel, who was taken by child welfare
officials and adopted by a non-native family, called events the
“stealing of children.”

“I have great hope that because we’ve reached this plateau that this
will never, ever happen in Canada again,” said Brown Martel, who was
placed in the foster system as a child and suffered emotional, physical
and sexual abuse.

Many had mixed emotions about the settlement.

“I had no idea I was native until I was a teenager,” Colleen Cardinal
told The Associated Press. Cardinal was taken from her biological family
at the age of two in Alberta and adopted into a non-indigenous family in
Ontario along with her two older sisters. She said her sisters were
sexually molested by their adopted father.

“There were ongoing attempts to assimilate our people into the
mainstream culture,” she said, adding that the settlement doesn’t amount
to much.

“It’s quite disappointing,” she said. “It’s quite low. It should be
CA$80,000 or $100,000. A lot of us were taken out of the province, out
of the country, taken so far away from our families.” Cardinal now lives
with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Ontario Superior Court Justice Edward Belobaba ruled in February that
Canada had breached its “duty of care” to the children and found the
government liable.

A tearful Bennett, the government minister, said she couldn’t understand
how it was allowed to happen.

“I don’t know what people were thinking,” she said.

The settlement package also includes up to 50 million Canadian dollars
for a healing and reconciliation foundation.

The agreement is a “first step” in resolving Sixties Scoop litigation,
Bennett added, noting the federal government is committed to working
with other indigenous peoples affected.

The Sixties Scoop echoes the history of residential schools in Canada.

Some 150,000 First Nations, Inuit and Metis children were taken from
their families over much of the last century and put in government
schools, where they were forced to convert to Christianity and not
allowed to speak their native languages. Many were beaten and verbally
abused, and up to 6,000 are said to have died.

Canada’s previous prime minister made a historic apology in 2008 to
residential school survivors.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-11 16:35:41 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by BumbleBee
Post by BumbleBee
Post by Dave Smith
They had treaties with the native people and then allowed their people
to break them and ended up going to war with the Indians when they
fought off the trespassers.
Uh, your "1ts nations" fared any better, hypocrite?
There was no attempt to slaughter them, no attacks on camps full of
woman and children.
Per Capita we've got a lot more natives. Canada was originally run as a
_business_ and the natives were a big part of it. Wasn't until Civil War
times that we started treating them like idiot children.

BumbleBee
What a facile euphemism for "serfs"...
simplicity
2017-10-08 16:53:53 UTC
Post by TomP
How do you relate a trade dispute to corporate bailouts? They are 2
separate issues.
Trade dispute is a direct consequence of corporate bailout. At least in the Bombardier case. Which part of that don't get?
No it will not. Period.
TomP
2017-10-08 17:59:28 UTC
Post by simplicity
Post by TomP
How do you relate a trade dispute to corporate bailouts? They are 2
separate issues.
Trade dispute is a direct consequence of corporate bailout. At least in the Bombardier case. Which part of that don't get?
That's the excuse but we've heard this about stumpage fees for softwood
lumber. The next reason could be because of Canada's corporate tax
system or whatever they can use as a means to challenge Canadian
businesses.
Canadians were much better off before NAFTA. That is a fact!
BumbleBee
2017-10-08 18:23:58 UTC
Post by TomP
That's the excuse but we've heard this about stumpage fees for softwood
lumber. The next reason could be because of Canada's corporate tax
system or whatever they can use as a means to challenge Canadian
businesses.
Hey Canuckle-HEAD, you hosers have been SCREWING US!

http://enforcement.trade.gov/download/factsheets/factsheet-canada-softwood-lumber-ad-prelim-062617.pdf

FACT SHEET
Commerce Preliminarily Finds Dumping of Imports of Softwood Lumber from
Canada
• On June 26, 2017, the Department of Commerce (Commerce) announced its
affirmative preliminary
determination in the antidumping duty (AD) investigation of imports of
softwood lumber from Canada.
• The AD law provides U.S. businesses and workers with a transparent,
quasi-judicial, and internationally
accepted mechanism to seek relief from the market distorting effects
caused by injurious dumping of
imports into the United States, establishing an opportunity to compete
on a level playing field.
• For the purpose of AD investigations, dumping occurs when a foreign
company sells an imported
product in the United States at less than fair value.
• Commerce preliminarily found that mandatory respondents Canfor
Corporation, Canadian Forest
Products Ltd., and Canfor Wood Products Marketing Ltd. (Canfor);
Resolute FP Canada Inc. (Resolute);
Tolko Marketing and Sales Ltd. and Tolko Industries Ltd. (Tolko); and
West Fraser Mills Ltd. (West
Fraser), were dumping at preliminary dumping margins of 7.72, 4.59, 7.53
and 6.76 percent, respectively.
Commerce established a preliminary dumping margin of 6.87 percent for
all other producers and
exporters of softwood lumber from Canada.
• As a result of the preliminary affirmative determination, Commerce
will instruct U.S. Customs and
Border Protection (CBP) to require cash deposits based on these
preliminary rates.
• Commerce also preliminarily found that “critical circumstances” exist
with respect to companies subject
to the “all others rate.” Consequently, Commerce will instruct CBP to
impose provisional measures
retroactively on entries of softwood lumber from Canada, effective 90
days prior to publication of this
preliminary determination in the Federal Register, for the affected
producers and exporters.
• Further, Commerce found that the petitioner substantiated its
allegation that a particular market situation
may exist resulting from distortions caused by an increased demand for
lumber by-products. Commerce
intends to investigate the alleged distortions.
• With regard to the scope of the investigation, Commerce preliminary
determined that certain softwood
lumber products certified by the Atlantic Lumber Board (ALB) as being
first produced in the Provinces
of Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, or Prince Edward Island (the
Atlantic Provinces) from logs
harvested in these three provinces should be excluded from the scope of
this investigation, as well as the
companion countervailing duty investigation.
• The petitioner is the Committee Overseeing Action for Lumber
International Trade Investigations or
Negotiations (COALITION), which is an ad hoc association whose members
are: U.S. Lumber
Coalition, Inc. (DC); Collum’s Lumber Products, L.L.C. (SC); Hankins,
Inc. (MS); Potlatch Corporation
(WA); Rex Lumber Company (FL); Seneca Sawmill Company (OR); Sierra
Pacific Industries (CA);
Stimson Lumber Company (OR); Swanson Group (OR); Weyerhaeuser Company
(WA); Carpenters
U.S. Department of Commerce |International Trade Administration
|Enforcement and Compliance
Industrial Council (OR); Giustina Land and Timber Company (OR); and
Sullivan Forestry Consultants,
Inc. (GA).
• The merchandise covered by this investigation is softwood lumber,
siding, flooring and certain other
coniferous wood (softwood lumber products). The scope includes:
• Coniferous wood, sawn, or chipped lengthwise, sliced or peeled,
whether or not planed, whether or
not sanded, or whether or not finger-jointed, of an actual thickness
exceeding six millimeters.
• Coniferous wood siding, flooring, and other coniferous wood (other
than moldings and dowel rods),
including strips and friezes for parquet flooring, that is continuously
shaped (including, but not
limited to, tongued, grooved, rebated, chamfered, V-jointed, beaded,
molded, rounded) along any of
its edges, ends, or faces, whether or not planed, whether or not sanded,
or whether or not end-jointed.
• Coniferous drilled and notched lumber and angle cut lumber.
• Coniferous lumber stacked on edge and fastened together with nails,
whether or not with plywood
sheathing.
• Components or parts of semi-finished or unassembled finished products
made from subject
merchandise that would otherwise meet the definition of the scope above.
• Softwood lumber product imports are generally entered under Chapter 44
of the Harmonized Tariff
Schedule of the United States (“HTSUS”). This chapter of the HTSUS
covers “Wood and articles of
wood.” Softwood lumber products that are subject to this investigation
are currently classifiable under
the following ten-digit HTSUS subheadings in Chapter 44: 4407.10.01.01;
4407.10.01.02;
4407.10.01.15; 4407.10.01.16; 4407.10.01.17; 4407.10.01.18;
4407.10.01.19; 4407.10.01.20;
4407.10.01.42; 4407.10.01.43; 4407.10.01.44; 4407.10.01.45;
4407.10.01.46; 4407.10.01.47;
4407.10.01.48; 4407.10.01.49; 4407.10.01.52; 4407.10.01.53;
4407.10.01.54; 4407.10.01.55;
4407.10.01.56; 4407.10.01.57; 4407.10.01.58; 4407.10.01.59;
4407.10.01.64; 4407.10.01.65;
4407.10.01.66; 4407.10.01.67; 4407.10.01.68; 4407.10.01.69;
4407.10.01.74; 4407.10.01.75;
4407.10.01.76; 4407.10.01.77; 4407.10.01.82; 4407.10.01.83;
4407.10.01.92; 4407.10.01.93;
4409.10.05.00; 4409.10.10.20; 4409.10.10.40; 4409.10.10.60;
4409.10.10.80; 4409.10.20.00;
4409.10.90.20; 4409.10.90.40; and 4418.99.10..00.
• Subject merchandise as described above might be identified on entry
documentation as stringers, square
cut box-spring-frame components, fence pickets, truss components, pallet
components, flooring, and
door and window frame parts. Items so identified might be entered under
the following ten-digit HTSUS
subheadings in Chapter 44: 4415.20.40.00; 4415.20.80.00; 4418.99.90.05;
4418.99.90.20;
4418.99.90.40; 4418.99.90.95; 4421.91.70.40; and 4421.91.97.80.
• Although these HTSUS subheadings are provided for convenience and
customs purposes, the written
description of the scope of the investigation is dispositive.
• The scope of the investigation excludes the following items:
U.S. Department of Commerce |International Trade Administration
|Enforcement and Compliance
• U.S.-origin lumber shipped to Canada for processing and imported into
the United States is excluded
from the scope of the investigations if the processing occurring in
Canada is limited to one or more of the
following: (1) kiln drying; (2) planing to create smooth-to-size board;
or (3) sanding.
• Box-spring frame kits are excluded if they contain the following
wooden pieces – two side rails, two end
(or top) rails and varying numbers of slats. The side rails and the end
rails must be radius-cut at both
ends. The kits must be individually packaged and must contain the exact
number of wooden components
needed to make a particular box spring frame, with no further processing
required. None of the
components exceeds 1” in actual thickness or 83” in length.
• Radius-cut box-spring-frame components, not exceeding 1” in actual
thickness or 83” in length, ready for
assembly without further processing are excluded. The radius cuts must
be present on both ends of the
boards and must be substantially cut so as to completely round one corner.
• In 2016, imports of softwood lumber from Canada were valued at an
estimated $5.66 billion.
NEXT STEPS
• Commerce is scheduled to announce its final determination on or about
September 7, 2017, unless the
statutory deadline is extended.
• If Commerce makes an affirmative final determination, and the U.S.
International Trade Commission
(ITC) makes an affirmative final determination that imports of softwood
lumber from Canada materially
injure, or threaten material injury to, the domestic industry, Commerce
will issue an AD order. If either
Commerce’s or the ITC’s final determination is negative, no AD order
will be issued. The ITC is
scheduled to make its final injury determination approximately 45 days
after Commerce issues its final
determination, if affirmative.
simplicity
Canadians were much better off before the governments starter running deficits and increasing taxes in the name of wealth redistribution. THAT IS the fact!
Greg Carr
2017-10-09 02:36:09 UTC
Uh I make more money per year now and am worth far more after NAFTA.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-09 02:44:35 UTC
Post by TomP
Post by simplicity
Post by TomP
How do you relate a trade dispute to corporate bailouts? They are 2
separate issues.
Trade dispute is a direct consequence of corporate bailout. At least in
the Bombardier case. Which part of that don't get?
That's the excuse but we've heard this about stumpage fees for softwood
lumber. The next reason could be because of Canada's corporate tax
system or whatever they can use as a means to challenge Canadian
businesses.
Every cruise missile launch is a million$++ subsidy to Boeing.

Dhu

Eric©
2017-10-10 22:34:32 UTC
Dhu on Gate wrote...
Post by Dhu on Gate
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-administration-punishes-bombardier-with-another-import-duty/article36515124/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
Things are gonna get worse: when the Beltway Dance
calls for a cat to get kicked, guess where it lands ...
Dhu
Flashback to 2016...

"Drywall prices across Western Canada have shot through the roof after the federal
government imposed preliminary anti-dumping tariffs of up to 276 per cent on gypsum board
products imported from the United States.

Builders and suppliers fear the ruling could disrupt the supply of the boarding used in
walls and ceilings and threaten the completion of residential, commercial and public
projects. The tariffs also risk bankrupting contractors who operate under fixed-priced
contracts.

A spokesman for Canada's largest independent gypsum supplier said Tuesday the tariffs
undermines the stability of the industry and could impact the rebuilding efforts in Fort
McMurray, where thousands of buildings were destroyed by fire earlier this year."
http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/09/14/drywall-tariff-of-up-to-376-hammers-canadian-
builders-threatens-fort-mcmurray-rebuild
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-11 16:52:33 UTC
Post by Eric©
Dhu on Gate wrote...
Post by Eric©
builders-threatens-fort-mcmurray-rebuild
What did the WTO have to say?