Rightists Are Mentally Ill - Psychology Today
Rock Hudson
2017-10-07 00:26:29 UTC
Conservatism as a Mental Illness | Psychology Today

In Creationism as a Mental Illness, Robert Rowland Smith argues
that creationists exhibit several signs of mental illness
including denial, psychosis, and inability to grasp irony.

The specter of mental illness does indeed loom large over
creationists, but they are not alone. Signs of psychopathology can
also be seen among their political bedfellows, conservative
politicians, especially when you consider a wide range of illness
indicators. In his award-winning 2005 book, Dr. James Whitney
Hicks discusses 50 signs of mental illness including denial,
delusion, hallucination, disordered thinking, anger, anti-social
behavior, sexual preoccupation, grandiosity, general oddness, and
paranoia. Now I'm no clinician, but in my (admittedly biased
brown) eyes it seems that prominent Republicans have evidenced
each of these ten telltale signs of mental illness over the past
year:

1) Denial: humans did not evolve; Obama is not a native-born
American Christian

2) Delusion: climate is not changing

3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President

4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in
the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion

5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl

6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone
without an umbilical cord or trust fund

7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we
can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed
to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick
and Jane's Private Parts?)

8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the
moon” grandiosity

9) General Oddness: Ron Paul

10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time

Even (the not necessarily dumb) Pope Francis appears to recognize
that “it is a serious illness, this of ideological [conservative]
Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-
entertainment/201206/conservatism-mental-illness
Sgt. Rock
2017-10-07 00:32:56 UTC
Post by Rock Hudson
Conservatism as
news.albasani.net;
logging-data="6oUyR7FUXMPsexHpbh4u6I+/HBhTOMuXp9K9aRSxVnGcQKdwWSLq1g66HF0Sg1UeFZ7V2wrxoqslxoH4ssi4oK3jTw/Bo6ytqpCjU2jtawaq5ttQcPk/lG+hcpflfhuz";
mail-complaints-to="***@albasani.net"

Drop dead, albasani whore!
Greg Carr
2017-10-07 00:35:13 UTC
Rock of course died of AIDS as you will. This is a CDN ng no one cares about Newt the dying wife abandoner.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-07 00:55:17 UTC
Post by Rock Hudson
[...]
Who the hell knows/cares? Stanley worked for the CIA.
Post by Rock Hudson
2) Delusion: climate is not changing
the delusion is that we're not to blame.
Post by Rock Hudson
3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President
Don't be tellin' God what to do. She doesn't like it.
Post by Rock Hudson
4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in
the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion
The government needs more poor taxpayers.
Post by Rock Hudson
5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl
He's got reason... three wives and he still can't get it up...
Post by Rock Hudson
6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone
without an umbilical cord or trust fund
see 5, above.
Post by Rock Hudson
7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we
can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed
to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick
and Jane's Private Parts?)
see 4, above.
Post by Rock Hudson
8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the
moon” grandiosity
Santorum? Isn't that a Feltching thing?
Post by Rock Hudson
9) General Oddness: Ron Paul
guilty as charged.
Post by Rock Hudson
10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time
Paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get you.
Post by Rock Hudson
Even (the not necessarily dumb) Pope Francis appears to recognize
that “it is a serious illness, this of ideological [conservative]
Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”
See 10, above ;)

Dhu

BumbleBee
2017-10-07 03:16:02 UTC
Post by Rock Hudson
[...]
Some erudite few, they care.
Post by Dhu on Gate
Stanley worked for the CIA.
SFW???
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
2) Delusion: climate is not changing
the delusion is that we're not to blame.
The delusion is that we even matter to climate.
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President
Don't be tellin' God what to do. She doesn't like it.
HE may or may not - but YOU are in no position to say.
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in
the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion
The government needs more poor taxpayers.
No, they need ore rich ones - are you daft?
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl
He's got reason... three wives and he still can't get it up...
Stop projecting, limpy.
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone
without an umbilical cord or trust fund
see 5, above.
See WHAT, limpy???
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we
can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed
to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick
and Jane's Private Parts?)
see 4, above.
Non sequitur.
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the
moon” grandiosity
Santorum? Isn't that a Feltching thing?
Arrows have fletching.
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
9) General Oddness: Ron Paul
guilty as charged.
Yeah...
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Rock Hudson
10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time
Paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get you.
Is his name Greg Carr?
Greg???
Sgt. Rock