Rightists Are Mentally Ill - Psychology Today
Rock Hudson
2017-10-07 00:26:29 UTC
Conservatism as a Mental Illness | Psychology Today

In Creationism as a Mental Illness, Robert Rowland Smith argues
that creationists exhibit several signs of mental illness
including denial, psychosis, and inability to grasp irony.

The specter of mental illness does indeed loom large over
creationists, but they are not alone. Signs of psychopathology can
also be seen among their political bedfellows, conservative
politicians, especially when you consider a wide range of illness
indicators. In his award-winning 2005 book, Dr. James Whitney
Hicks discusses 50 signs of mental illness including denial,
delusion, hallucination, disordered thinking, anger, anti-social
behavior, sexual preoccupation, grandiosity, general oddness, and
paranoia. Now I'm no clinician, but in my (admittedly biased
brown) eyes it seems that prominent Republicans have evidenced
each of these ten telltale signs of mental illness over the past
year:

1) Denial: humans did not evolve; Obama is not a native-born
American Christian

2) Delusion: climate is not changing

3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President

4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in
the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion

5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl

6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone
without an umbilical cord or trust fund

7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we
can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed
to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick
and Jane's Private Parts?)

8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the
moon” grandiosity

9) General Oddness: Ron Paul

10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time

Even (the not necessarily dumb) Pope Francis appears to recognize
that “it is a serious illness, this of ideological [conservative]
Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-
entertainment/201206/conservatism-mental-illness
Sgt. Rock
2017-10-07 00:32:56 UTC
On 10/6/2017 6:26 PM, Rock Hudson wrote:
> Conservatism as

news.albasani.net;
logging-data="6oUyR7FUXMPsexHpbh4u6I+/HBhTOMuXp9K9aRSxVnGcQKdwWSLq1g66HF0Sg1UeFZ7V2wrxoqslxoH4ssi4oK3jTw/Bo6ytqpCjU2jtawaq5ttQcPk/lG+hcpflfhuz";
mail-complaints-to="***@albasani.net"

Drop dead, albasani whore!
Greg Carr
2017-10-07 00:35:13 UTC
Rock of course died of AIDS as you will. This is a CDN ng no one cares about Newt the dying wife abandoner.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-07 00:55:17 UTC
On Sat, 07 Oct 2017 00:26:29 +0000, Rock Hudson wrote:

> Conservatism as a Mental Illness | Psychology Today
>
> In Creationism as a Mental Illness, Robert Rowland Smith argues
> that creationists exhibit several signs of mental illness
> including denial, psychosis, and inability to grasp irony.
>

> The specter of mental illness does indeed loom large over
> creationists, but they are not alone. Signs of psychopathology can
> also be seen among their political bedfellows, conservative
> politicians, especially when you consider a wide range of illness
> indicators. In his award-winning 2005 book, Dr. James Whitney
> Hicks discusses 50 signs of mental illness including denial,
> delusion, hallucination, disordered thinking, anger, anti-social
> behavior, sexual preoccupation, grandiosity, general oddness, and
> paranoia. Now I'm no clinician, but in my (admittedly biased
> brown) eyes it seems that prominent Republicans have evidenced
> each of these ten telltale signs of mental illness over the past
> year:
>
> 1) Denial: humans did not evolve; Obama is not a native-born
> American Christian

Who the hell knows/cares? Stanley worked for the CIA.

> 2) Delusion: climate is not changing

the delusion is that we're not to blame.

> 3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President

Don't be tellin' God what to do. She doesn't like it.

> 4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in
> the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion

The government needs more poor taxpayers.

> 5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl

He's got reason... three wives and he still can't get it up...

> 6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone
> without an umbilical cord or trust fund

see 5, above.

> 7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we
> can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed
> to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick
> and Jane's Private Parts?)

see 4, above.

> 8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the
> moon” grandiosity

Santorum? Isn't that a Feltching thing?

> 9) General Oddness: Ron Paul

guilty as charged.

> 10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time

Paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get you.

> Even (the not necessarily dumb) Pope Francis appears to recognize
> that “it is a serious illness, this of ideological [conservative]
> Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

See 10, above ;)

Dhu

BumbleBee
2017-10-07 03:16:02 UTC
On 10/6/2017 6:55 PM, Dhu on Gate wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2017 00:26:29 +0000, Rock Hudson wrote:
>
>> Conservatism as a Mental Illness | Psychology Today
>>
>> In Creationism as a Mental Illness, Robert Rowland Smith argues
>> that creationists exhibit several signs of mental illness
>> including denial, psychosis, and inability to grasp irony.
>>

>> The specter of mental illness does indeed loom large over
>> creationists, but they are not alone. Signs of psychopathology can
>> also be seen among their political bedfellows, conservative
>> politicians, especially when you consider a wide range of illness
>> indicators. In his award-winning 2005 book, Dr. James Whitney
>> Hicks discusses 50 signs of mental illness including denial,
>> delusion, hallucination, disordered thinking, anger, anti-social
>> behavior, sexual preoccupation, grandiosity, general oddness, and
>> paranoia. Now I'm no clinician, but in my (admittedly biased
>> brown) eyes it seems that prominent Republicans have evidenced
>> each of these ten telltale signs of mental illness over the past
>> year:
>>
>> 1) Denial: humans did not evolve; Obama is not a native-born
>> American Christian
>
> Who the hell knows/cares?

Some erudite few, they care.

> Stanley worked for the CIA.

SFW???

>> 2) Delusion: climate is not changing
>
> the delusion is that we're not to blame.

The delusion is that we even matter to climate.

>> 3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President
>
> Don't be tellin' God what to do. She doesn't like it.

HE may or may not - but YOU are in no position to say.

>> 4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in
>> the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion
>
> The government needs more poor taxpayers.

No, they need ore rich ones - are you daft?

>> 5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl
>
> He's got reason... three wives and he still can't get it up...

Stop projecting, limpy.

>> 6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone
>> without an umbilical cord or trust fund
>
> see 5, above.

See WHAT, limpy???

>> 7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we
>> can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed
>> to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick
>> and Jane's Private Parts?)
>>

> see 4, above.

Non sequitur.

>> 8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the
>> moon” grandiosity
>
> Santorum? Isn't that a Feltching thing?

Arrows have fletching.

>> 9) General Oddness: Ron Paul
>>

> guilty as charged.

Yeah...

>> 10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time
>>

> Paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get you.

Is his name Greg Carr?

Greg???
Sgt. Rock
2017-10-07 15:34:23 UTC