Bill: The plot thickens
2017-12-01 04:04:16 UTC
"As Finance Minister Bill Morneau is pressed in the House of Commons for
details on the circumstances of the sale of shares he held in his family
business, Morneau Shepell Inc., Global News has analyzed insider trading
reports of the company and discovered that Morneau's father sold a significant
number of shares days before his son announced a major tax policy change.

Regulatory filings show that William F. Morneau Sr. sold 100,000 shares of
Morneau Sheppell Inc. (MSI) at a price of $15.20 per share on Nov. 23, 2015,
and sold another 100,000 shares on Dec 3, 2015, at a price of $15 a share.

On Dec. 7, 2015, Morneau, the finance minister, tabled documents in the House
of Commons which announced his government?s intention to change tax rules that
would increase taxes on wealthy Canadians as of Jan. 1. 2016."
https://globalnews.ca/news/3889576/bill-morneaus-father-sold-200k-shares-
capital-gains-tax/

https://wp.me/p2Y4rw-gjR6

Just a coincidence, surely?
Dave Smith
2017-12-01 14:28:12 UTC
On 2017-11-30 11:04 PM, Eric� wrote:

> "As Finance Minister Bill Morneau is pressed in the House of Commons for
> details on the circumstances of the sale of shares he held in his family
> business, Morneau Shepell Inc., Global News has analyzed insider trading
> reports of the company and discovered that Morneau's father sold a significant
> number of shares days before his son announced a major tax policy change.
>
> Regulatory filings show that William F. Morneau Sr. sold 100,000 shares of
> Morneau Sheppell Inc. (MSI) at a price of $15.20 per share on Nov. 23, 2015,
> and sold another 100,000 shares on Dec 3, 2015, at a price of $15 a share.
>
> On Dec. 7, 2015, Morneau, the finance minister, tabled documents in the House
> of Commons which announced his government?s intention to change tax rules that
> would increase taxes on wealthy Canadians as of Jan. 1. 2016."
> https://globalnews.ca/news/3889576/bill-morneaus-father-sold-200k-shares-
> capital-gains-tax/
>
> https://wp.me/p2Y4rw-gjR6
>
> Just a coincidence, surely?

I enjoyed his response to the Conservative member who questioned the
sale of a ton of his stocks and his fathers shortly before the changes
were made. Morneau flipped out at the Con for sinking to a new low and
attacking his father in the House and went off on a rant about the
audacity of smearing his family..... but never answered the question.
Dhu on Gate
2017-12-01 20:15:18 UTC
On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 09:28:12 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2017-11-30 11:04 PM, Eric� wrote:
>>

>> "As Finance Minister Bill Morneau is pressed in the House of Commons for
>> details on the circumstances of the sale of shares he held in his family
>> business, Morneau Shepell Inc., Global News has analyzed insider trading
>> reports of the company and discovered that Morneau's father sold a significant
>> number of shares days before his son announced a major tax policy change.
>>
>> Regulatory filings show that William F. Morneau Sr. sold 100,000 shares of
>> Morneau Sheppell Inc. (MSI) at a price of $15.20 per share on Nov. 23, 2015,
>> and sold another 100,000 shares on Dec 3, 2015, at a price of $15 a share.
>>
>> On Dec. 7, 2015, Morneau, the finance minister, tabled documents in the House
>> of Commons which announced his government?s intention to change tax rules that
>> would increase taxes on wealthy Canadians as of Jan. 1. 2016."
>> https://globalnews.ca/news/3889576/bill-morneaus-father-sold-200k-shares-
>> capital-gains-tax/
>>
>> https://wp.me/p2Y4rw-gjR6
>>
>> Just a coincidence, surely?
>>

> I enjoyed his response to the Conservative member who questioned the
> sale of a ton of his stocks and his fathers shortly before the changes
> were made. Morneau flipped out at the Con for sinking to a new low and
> attacking his father in the House and went off on a rant about the
> audacity of smearing his family..... but never answered the question.

Noted. "Methinks the Lady doth protest too much".

2017-12-01 21:56:04 UTC
On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:15:18 -0000 (UTC), Dhu on Gate
<***@neotext.ca> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 09:28:12 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2017-11-30 11:04 PM, Eric? wrote:
>>>

>>> "As Finance Minister Bill Morneau is pressed in the House of Commons for
>>> details on the circumstances of the sale of shares he held in his family
>>> business, Morneau Shepell Inc., Global News has analyzed insider trading
>>> reports of the company and discovered that Morneau's father sold a significant
>>> number of shares days before his son announced a major tax policy change.
>>>
>>> Regulatory filings show that William F. Morneau Sr. sold 100,000 shares of
>>> Morneau Sheppell Inc. (MSI) at a price of $15.20 per share on Nov. 23, 2015,
>>> and sold another 100,000 shares on Dec 3, 2015, at a price of $15 a share.
>>>
>>> On Dec. 7, 2015, Morneau, the finance minister, tabled documents in the House
>>> of Commons which announced his government?s intention to change tax rules that
>>> would increase taxes on wealthy Canadians as of Jan. 1. 2016."
>>> https://globalnews.ca/news/3889576/bill-morneaus-father-sold-200k-shares-
>>> capital-gains-tax/
>>>
>>> https://wp.me/p2Y4rw-gjR6
>>>
>>> Just a coincidence, surely?
>>>

>> I enjoyed his response to the Conservative member who questioned the
>> sale of a ton of his stocks and his fathers shortly before the changes
>> were made. Morneau flipped out at the Con for sinking to a new low and
>> attacking his father in the House and went off on a rant about the
>> audacity of smearing his family..... but never answered the question.
>
>Noted. "Methinks the Lady doth protest too much".
>
>Dhu

Resign Morneau and hopefully get investigated by the GRC.

---
http://www.avg.com
Eric®
2017-12-05 20:34:32 UTC
Greg Carr wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:15:18 -0000 (UTC), Dhu on Gate
> <***@neotext.ca> wrote:

> >> I enjoyed his response to the Conservative member who questioned the
> >> sale of a ton of his stocks and his fathers shortly before the changes
> >> were made. Morneau flipped out at the Con for sinking to a new low and
> >> attacking his father in the House and went off on a rant about the
> >> audacity of smearing his family..... but never answered the question.
> >
> >Noted. "Methinks the Lady doth protest too much".
> >
> >Dhu
>
> Resign Morneau and hopefully get investigated by the GRC.

I hope he stays right where he is - as poster boy for Liberal Entitlement.