OT: Motordead
2018-01-12 05:30:24 UTC
"British hard rock band Motorhead says former guitarist Fast Eddie has died
aged 67.

Motorhead says on Facebook that Edward Clarke died Wednesday in a hospital
while being treated for pneumonia.

[...]

Clarke joined Motorhead soon after it was founded in 1975 by former Hawkwind
bassist Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister. He was the final survivor of the band's classic
lineup: Lemmy, Clarke and drummer Phil (Philthy Animal) Taylor.

Kilmister and Taylor both died in 2015."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/motorhead-fast-eddie-dead-1.4482622
Greg Carr
2018-01-12 13:51:29 UTC

Saw them in "82 at the Kerrisdale Arena in Vancouver. My ears rang for days.
Eric®
2018-01-16 23:09:56 UTC
Greg Carr wrote:

> On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 9:30:32 PM UTC-8, Eric® wrote:
> > "British hard rock band Motorhead says former guitarist Fast Eddie has died
> > aged 67.
> >
> > Motorhead says on Facebook that Edward Clarke died Wednesday in a hospital
> > while being treated for pneumonia.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Clarke joined Motorhead soon after it was founded in 1975 by former Hawkwind
> > bassist Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister. He was the final survivor of the band's classic
> > lineup: Lemmy, Clarke and drummer Phil (Philthy Animal) Taylor.
> >
> > Kilmister and Taylor both died in 2015."
> > http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/motorhead-fast-eddie-dead-1.4482622
>
> Saw them in "82 at the Kerrisdale Arena in Vancouver. My ears rang for days.

I vaguely remember people in the media condemning them for the volume of that
concert - and of course just for being Motorhead esp at a time when 'New Wave'
was all the rage.

RiP Fast Eddie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueeEEXE7Po8