Suncor CEO slams climate change deniers
gordo
2018-06-10 19:42:32 UTC
Suncor CEO slams climate change deniers
The head of Canada's largest oil company says climate change is backed
by science, and deniers, including politicians, need to do a U-turn
and accept it.

Suncor Energy Inc. president and chief executive officer Steve
Williams — speaking on a panel during the event in Calgary titled
Bridging Divides: In Search of Sound Public Policies for Energy and
Environment in Canada — said he's unhappy with how the debate on
climate change has become so polarizing.

"It is a matter of profound disappointment to me that science and
economics have taken on some strange political ownership. Why the
science of the left-wing is different than the science of the
right-wing. Why it's not possible for, certainly within Canada for
conservatives, to take a conversation about, 'Hey, it's just a fact.
Let's get some facts out on the table,'
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/suncor-ceo-slams-climate-change-deniers-1.4694549

---
http://www.avg.com
Roy
2018-06-10 20:48:05 UTC
Post by gordo
[...]
He is playing both sides of the game cuz he can't lose. Gov't will kick in MONEY
and that is what this whole BS of MAN-MADE "Climate Change is about".
We collectively will be taxed for CARBON usage...which is all BS.
====
Eric®
2018-06-10 20:52:18 UTC
Post by Roy
Post by gordo
[...]
Why doesn't the guy walk the walk and go work for Greenpeace?