Dumbass Colin Kaepernick Incorrectly Credits Winston Churchill For Quote About Lies
2017-10-10 00:52:33 UTC
by Joshua Gillin October 9, 2017 www.politifact.com
==================================
Says Winston Churchill said, "A lie gets halfway around the world before
the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
— Colin Kaepernick on Sunday, October 8th, 2017
==================================
Please present your proof the Marlborough Man didn't say just that...

Dhu
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, apparently
responding to a TV report he considered incorrect, tweeted a quote about
lying that he attributed to British leader Winston Churchill.
Like every good play in football, let’s set up our formation: During
the
2016 season, Kaepernick knelt during the Star-Spangled Banner to protest
racial inequality. He then opted out of his 49ers contract and has not
been re-signed.
Many people think Kaepernick has been blacklisted by the NFL for his
protests. USA Today and ESPN then reported in March that Kaepernick
would stand during the national anthem. The stories both used anonymous
sources, because Kaepernick had not (and as of this writing, still has
not) spoken publicly about whether he would continue his protests.
On Oct. 8, 2017, CBS Sports reporter Jason La Canfora told The NFL Today
host James Brown that Kaepernick wanted to play in the NFL again.
Brown asked La Canfora, who said he had spoken to Kaepernick the night
before, whether the quarterback would continue to kneel in protest.
"He's not planning on kneeling," La Canfora answered.
That garnered some attention in the sports world, but upon further
review, La Canfora walked back his remarks. He clarified his answer via
Twitter shortly after the broadcast, writing that that he had not
actually asked Kaepernick about his protests.
\+++++++++++++++++++++++++/
that I spoke to Colin about sat. I relayed what had been reported about
him standing in the future... 1:43 PM - Oct 8, 2017 133 Replies 243
Retweets 118 likes /+++++++++++++++++++++++++\
\+++++++++++++++++++++++++/
for anthem had not been refuted. However, I cant say if they are true or
not. Colin and I didn't discuss 1:45 PM - Oct 8, 2017 89 Replies 173
Retweets 83 likes /+++++++++++++++++++++++++\
In an apparent response to La Canfora, Kaepernick tweeted the quote
later that day.
\+++++++++++++++++++++++++/
before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Winston S. Churchill 3:28 PM - Oct 8, 2017 4,397 Replies 73,528
Retweets 183,820 likes /+++++++++++++++++++++++++\
But we have to throw a flag on this one, because there’s no evidence
that Churchill ever said it — although the British Bulldog does often
get the credit.
This is a broken play by Kaepernick. We rate it False.
______________
"Known fact that Leftists hate the President of the United States;
what's not known is why they hate The United States of America."

2017-10-10 14:14:53 UTC
by Joshua Gillin October 9, 2017 www.politifact.com
==================================
Says Winston Churchill said, "A lie gets halfway around the world before
the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
— Colin Kaepernick on Sunday, October 8th, 2017
==================================
I believe this was a quote of Mark Twain's. The quote involved boots, not
trousers...
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-17 09:55:29 UTC
Post by Byker
by Joshua Gillin October 9, 2017 www.politifact.com
==================================
Says Winston Churchill said, "A lie gets halfway around the world before
the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
— Colin Kaepernick on Sunday, October 8th, 2017
==================================
I believe this was a quote of Mark Twain's. The quote involved boots, not
trousers...
Right, so shome your proof Churchill didn't say the same about pants.
Gawd knows, but Socrates probly said it about his sandals, and it's
surely why Jesus said "Swear by Nothing".

2017-10-18 20:02:20 UTC
Right, so shome your proof Churchill didn't say the same about pants. Gawd
knows, but Socrates probly said it about his sandals, and it's surely why
Jesus said "Swear by Nothing".
Was George Seldes the first to say, "Even the gods can't change history"?