Discussion:
6.2% Unemployment Rate. The Lowest In 9 Years.
(too old to reply)
Greg Carr
2017-10-06 17:49:44 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/10/06/canadas-unemployment-rate-at-rock-bottom-in-september_a_23234972/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Cafe Racer
2017-10-06 18:40:19 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 10:51:15 AM UTC-7, Greg Carr wrote:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/10/06/canadas-unemployment-rate-at-rock-bottom-in-september_a_23234972/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001
>
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> http://www.avg.com

How Huffington considers Canada's 6.2% unemployment "rock bottom" is beyond me.
Greg Carr
2017-10-06 22:21:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In America it is 4.3 percent. 6.2 in Canada is still the lowest rate in 9 years.

I went back to my last employer and was rehired on the spot. Lower Mainland unemployment is 5 percent and I see help signs and ads in the paper. No idea why there is so many panhandlers and beggars. I blame drugs and lack of moral character.
Dave Smith
2017-10-06 22:27:05 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 2017-10-06 6:21 PM, Greg Carr wrote:
> In America it is 4.3 percent. 6.2 in Canada is still the lowest rate
> in 9 years.
>
> I went back to my last employer and was rehired on the spot. Lower
> Mainland unemployment is 5 percent and I see help signs and ads in
> the paper. No idea why there is so many panhandlers and beggars. I
> blame drugs and lack of moral character.
>


Blame the people who give money to the beggars. If people stopped
giving them money they would have to give up begging and get a job. A
special pox on the beggars who use a dog to solicit donations. Pet
ownership involves responsibility, and if you can't afford to take care
of yourself you cannot afford to care for an animal.
Greg Carr
2017-10-06 22:47:01 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I just talked to the office and my main client just gave me a $3 raise. Yay BC Politicians best economy in Canada. Smelt pot on 3 different occasions on Granville St today. Panhandlers and sleepers galore. The New A and
W at Main St station is hiring as is the firm I work for. I got off the street so yeah likewise.
Eric@
2017-10-07 02:43:22 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Cafe Racer wrote...
>
> On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 10:51:15 AM UTC-7, Greg Carr wrote:
> > http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/10/06/canadas-unemployment-rate-at-rock-bottom-in-september_a_23234972/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001
> >
> > ---
> > This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> > http://www.avg.com
>
> How Huffington considers Canada's 6.2% unemployment "rock bottom" is beyond me.

Maybe because the PM is cute?
Liberals are VERMIN!
2017-10-08 03:29:42 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 1:51:15 PM UTC-4, Greg Carr wrote:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/10/06/canadas-unemployment-rate-at-rock-bottom-in-september_a_23234972/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001
>
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> http://www.avg.com

B.S. I see beggars on nearly every traffic intersection now. I see hordes of homeless in Toronto, virtually no help wanted signs in stores, which you normally always seen when unemployment is truly low.
Greg Carr
2017-10-08 06:33:57 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I spent 3 wonderful weeks in Toronto and while I did see homeless, beggars and panhandlers it is nothing compared to the Lower Mainland.
Loading...