More than 80% of incarcerated Manitoba minors are Indigenous These 3 say that can be changed
gordo
2018-07-04 20:26:34 UTC
Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys to
changing those statistics
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner recently
called the disproportionate number of Indigenous people incarcerated
across the country unacceptable.
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner recently
called the disproportionate number of Indigenous peoples incarcerated
unacceptable. (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)

Wagner said the court will visit Winnipeg next year to meet with
appeals court judges, local lawyers and community members.

Manitoba Justice Minister Heather Stefanson said the provincial
government is taking action on Indigenous incarceration rates.

She pointed to the government's criminal justice system modernization
strategy, which she said are leading to "positive results," and
claimed a 10 per cent reduction in the province's total adult custody
population and a 16 per cent reduction in youth custody counts."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/indigenous-youth-incarceration-rates-manitoba-1.4721468

---
http://www.avg.com
StephenC
2018-07-04 20:49:00 UTC
gordo wrote:

> Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys
> to changing those statistics
> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous people
> incarcerated across the country unacceptable.
> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous peoples
> incarcerated unacceptable. (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)
>
> Wagner said the court will visit Winnipeg next year to meet with
> appeals court judges, local lawyers and community members.
>
> Manitoba Justice Minister Heather Stefanson said the provincial
> government is taking action on Indigenous incarceration rates.
>
> She pointed to the government's criminal justice system
> modernization strategy, which she said are leading to "positive
> results," and claimed a 10 per cent reduction in the province's
> total adult custody population and a 16 per cent reduction in
> youth custody counts."
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/indigenous-youth-incarcerat
> ion-rates-manitoba-1.4721468

Pretty easy to change those statistics.
Stop breaking the law.
Easy peasy
gordo
2018-07-05 17:03:06 UTC
On Wed, 04 Jul 2018 20:49:00 GMT, StephenC <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>gordo wrote:
>
>> Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys
>> to changing those statistics
>> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
>> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous people
>> incarcerated across the country unacceptable.
>> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
>> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous peoples
>> incarcerated unacceptable. (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)
>>
>> Wagner said the court will visit Winnipeg next year to meet with
>> appeals court judges, local lawyers and community members.
>>
>> Manitoba Justice Minister Heather Stefanson said the provincial
>> government is taking action on Indigenous incarceration rates.
>>
>> She pointed to the government's criminal justice system
>> modernization strategy, which she said are leading to "positive
>> results," and claimed a 10 per cent reduction in the province's
>> total adult custody population and a 16 per cent reduction in
>> youth custody counts."
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/indigenous-youth-incarcerat
>> ion-rates-manitoba-1.4721468
>
>Pretty easy to change those statistics.
>Stop breaking the law.
>Easy peasy

The whole article is worth reading,it might make you more aware that
your simple statement does not change the statistics.

---
http://www.avg.com
Dave Smith
2018-07-05 17:55:16 UTC
On 2018-07-05 1:03 PM, gordo wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2018 20:49:00 GMT, StephenC <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> gordo wrote:
>>
>>> Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys
>>> to changing those statistics
>>> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
>>> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous people
>>> incarcerated across the country unacceptable.
>>> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
>>> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous peoples
>>> incarcerated unacceptable. (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)
>>>
>>> Wagner said the court will visit Winnipeg next year to meet with
>>> appeals court judges, local lawyers and community members.
>>>
>>> Manitoba Justice Minister Heather Stefanson said the provincial
>>> government is taking action on Indigenous incarceration rates.
>>>
>>> She pointed to the government's criminal justice system
>>> modernization strategy, which she said are leading to "positive
>>> results," and claimed a 10 per cent reduction in the province's
>>> total adult custody population and a 16 per cent reduction in
>>> youth custody counts."0
>>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/indigenous-youth-incarcerat
>>> ion-rates-manitoba-1.4721468
>>
>> Pretty easy to change those statistics.
>> Stop breaking the law.
>> Easy peasy
>
> The whole article is worth reading,it might make you more aware that
> your simple statement does not change the statistics.

I especially liked the part where they talked about reducing the 10%
reduction in the adult custody rate and 16% reduction in the youth
custody rate. In other words, they let them out early or just give them
a slap on the wrist, so they can go out and commit more crimes. It
meshes nicely with a recent report about a man being sentenced to four
life sentences without parole for 25 years with the jury urging that the
sentences be consecutive. The murders were committed in 2015, shortly
after he had been released from prison where he had served a bit of time
for manslaughter in 2009 killing.
StephenC
2018-07-05 20:45:34 UTC
gordo wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Jul 2018 20:49:00 GMT, StephenC
> <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>gordo wrote:
>>
>>> Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys
>>> to changing those statistics
>>> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
>>> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous people
>>> incarcerated across the country unacceptable.
>>> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner
>>> recently called the disproportionate number of Indigenous
>>> peoples incarcerated unacceptable. (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)
>>>
>>> Wagner said the court will visit Winnipeg next year to meet with
>>> appeals court judges, local lawyers and community members.
>>>
>>> Manitoba Justice Minister Heather Stefanson said the provincial
>>> government is taking action on Indigenous incarceration rates.
>>>
>>> She pointed to the government's criminal justice system
>>> modernization strategy, which she said are leading to "positive
>>> results," and claimed a 10 per cent reduction in the province's
>>> total adult custody population and a 16 per cent reduction in
>>> youth custody counts."
>>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/indigenous-youth-incarcer
>>> at ion-rates-manitoba-1.4721468
>>
>>Pretty easy to change those statistics.
>>Stop breaking the law.
>>Easy peasy
>
> The whole article is worth reading,it might make you more aware
> that your simple statement does not change the statistics.

Read it. The result is still the same. Stop breaking the law and you
will stop going to jail. I am sure even you can understand that
gordo.
Healing centres etc as a load of crap. A guy with weapons
convictions just walked away from one of those in Edmonton.
Fortunately he was quickly caught and put ina REAL jail.
Creating healing centres and the like to artificially lower the
incarceration numbers for indigenous people is bullshit.

Better to get families to teach their kids breaking the law is not
appropriate. Of course that would require the adults to stop as
well.
Dave Smith
2018-07-04 22:30:58 UTC
On 2018-07-04 4:26 PM, gordo wrote:
> Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys to
> changing those statistics

I hate to imagine what impact their would be on those figures if young
natives would stop committing so many crimes.

A number of years ago Air Canada stopped putting its crews up in
downtown Winnipeg hotels and cited the high rates of violent crimes.
Native leaders were outraged and whined that their people were being
blamed. I never saw any mention of native crime in Air Canada's
comments. I guess they decided to wear the shoes because they fit.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-07-04 22:15:37 UTC

That, or less criminal activity and more responsible parenting.
Liberals are VERMIN!
2018-07-05 02:55:51 UTC
More than 90% of shootings in Toronto are done by blacks, despite being only 15% of the population. Care to spin that?
b***@gmail.com
2018-07-05 17:52:49 UTC

First provide proof that "90% of shootings in Toronto are done by blacks". We'll go from there.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-07-05 20:21:51 UTC
wrote in message

> On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 7:55:52 PM UTC-7, Liberals are VERMIN!
> wrote:
> > More than 90% of shootings in Toronto are done by blacks, despite being
> > only 15% of the population. Care to spin that?

> First provide proof that "90% of shootings in Toronto are done by blacks".
> We'll go from there.

An exaggeration.

The mayor says that 75% of Toronto's shooting are gang related.

And obviously, according to The Star, the problem is that there's too much
policing:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2018/07/04/torontos-vulnerable-communities-need-better-services-not-more-police.html
Dave Smith
2018-07-05 21:46:13 UTC
On 2018-07-05 4:21 PM, M.I.Wakefield wrote:
> wrote in message
>
>> On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 7:55:52 PM UTC-7, Liberals are VERMIN!
>> wrote:
>> > More than 90% of shootings in Toronto are done by blacks, despite
>> being > only 15% of the population.  Care to spin that?
>
>> First provide proof that "90% of shootings in Toronto are done by
>> blacks". We'll go from there.
>
> An exaggeration.
>
> The mayor says that 75% of Toronto's shooting are gang related.

I guess that may be because the shooters are not always gang members.
He likely gets his factoids from the police and we have seen how they
lied about the percentage of crime weapons that had been stolen.
Liberals are VERMIN!
2018-07-06 02:56:23 UTC

It's actually not 90%, it's HIGHER as of two days ago. Every SINGLE shooting, apart from a handful over five years was committed by BLACKS. Since it's legal to keep every kind of statistic (welfare, average ages, education) EXCEPT race in relation to crime (the left made it illegal, I guess they don't think it's important) all you can do is look at the media every time there is a shooting to see or read a description of the shooters. In almost every case, it's a black.
Roy
2018-07-05 04:38:23 UTC
On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-6, gordo wrote:
> Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys to
> changing those statistics
> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner recently
> called the disproportionate number of Indigenous people incarcerated
> across the country unacceptable.
> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner recently
> called the disproportionate number of Indigenous peoples incarcerated
> unacceptable. (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)
>
> Wagner said the court will visit Winnipeg next year to meet with
> appeals court judges, local lawyers and community members.
>
> Manitoba Justice Minister Heather Stefanson said the provincial
> government is taking action on Indigenous incarceration rates.
>
> She pointed to the government's criminal justice system modernization
> strategy, which she said are leading to "positive results," and
> claimed a 10 per cent reduction in the province's total adult custody
> population and a 16 per cent reduction in youth custody counts."
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/indigenous-youth-incarceration-rates-manitoba-1.4721468
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

There is a disproportionate number of natives in prison BECAUSE the useless
twits are committing MORE crime. Now the stupid governments wants to blame
OUR laws for these people's failures and want to soft-peddle their punishment.
More stupidity in government.
=====
Dave Smith
2018-07-05 14:21:19 UTC
On 2018-07-05 12:38 AM, Roy wrote:

> There is a disproportionate number of natives in prison BECAUSE the useless
> twits are committing MORE crime. Now the stupid governments wants to blame
> OUR laws for these people's failures and want to soft-peddle their punishment.
> More stupidity in government.

A few years ago, before the CBC jumped onto the reconcilltion bandwagon
and the pro native anti white propaganda bandwagon, I heard an
interesting interview with the mother of a 5 year old who had been
killed by a stray bullet in a drive by shooting on their reserve. In the
type of interview that the CBC would not dare to do now, the reporter
pressed the woman doggedly about how much money she had received when
she game of age. The gang violence on the reserve was being blamed on
poverty, which of course was rooted in anti Indian racism. There was
oil on the reserve and profits from the oil production was being to the
band members.

The woman tried hard to avoid answering, but the reporter kept at it
until she admitted that she had been paid $250,000 when she turned 18.
She went on to explain about how one of the good things about natives is
that they like to share. She shared her good fortune with her friends.
They partied it all away. They didn't even blow it on a car, a big
screen TV, a new house. It was spent on drugs and booze.
Eric®
2018-07-06 02:40:57 UTC
gordo wrote:

> Former young offenders say education, ending oppression are keys to
> changing those statistics
> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner recently
> called the disproportionate number of Indigenous people incarcerated
> across the country unacceptable.
> Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner recently
> called the disproportionate number of Indigenous peoples incarcerated
> unacceptable. (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)
>
> Wagner said the court will visit Winnipeg next year to meet with
> appeals court judges, local lawyers and community members.
>
> Manitoba Justice Minister Heather Stefanson said the provincial
> government is taking action on Indigenous incarceration rates.
>
> She pointed to the government's criminal justice system modernization
> strategy, which she said are leading to "positive results," and
> claimed a 10 per cent reduction in the province's total adult custody
> population and a 16 per cent reduction in youth custody counts."
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/indigenous-youth-incarceration-rates-manitoba-1.4721468

Manitoba should bring in a mandatory 50% white female inmate policy.