Anybody-But-Ford movement grows in Ontario
b***@gmail.com
2018-05-14 00:46:27 UTC
A B F. . . . to the point of switching party allegiance to ensure he doesn't get in.
That's serious stuff. So is talk of a coalition between the Liberals and NDP to keep him from doing Ontario harm.
_______________________________

Anybody-but-Ford movement is percolating as June 7 election nears: poll

Swaths of Liberal and NDP voters most firmly opposed to Doug Ford are preparing to switch allegiance if the other party appears to have a better chance of stopping his Progressive Conservatives, the survey finds.

An anybody-but-Ford movement is percolating as the June 7 election draws closer, with Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals at the biggest risk of being left behind, suggests a poll provided to the Star.

Swaths of Liberal and NDP voters most firmly opposed to Doug Ford are preparing to switch allegiance if the other party appears to have a better chance of stopping his Progressive Conservatives, said Craig Worden, president of Pollara Strategic Insights.

The likelihood is stronger in Toronto than in the rest of the province and is a red flag to the Liberals because they have a higher percentage of voters motivated mainly by anti-Ford sentiments than Andrea Horwath’s New Democrats, Worden added.

A further breakdown of the results shows that province-wide, 60 per cent of NDP voters motivated to back Horwath by their opposition to Ford said they are likely to switch to the Liberals if necessary, while 78 per cent of Liberal voters were ready to back New Democrat candidates.

The percentages are higher in the province’s largest city.

“It really stood out that, in Toronto, (of) the anti-Ford voters who are Liberals, 84 per cent said they’re likely to switch to the NDP if it means they look like they’re going to be the most likely to stop Doug Ford,” Worden said.

“And 92 per cent of the NDP feel the same. But the thing is, the Liberals have a bigger chunk of voters who are anti-Ford than the NDP.”

More:
https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/10/anybody-but-ford-movement-is-percolating-as-june-7-election-nears-poll.html
M.I.Wakefield
2018-05-14 02:13:56 UTC
wrote in message

> A B F. . . . to the point of switching party allegiance to ensure he
> doesn't get in.
> That's serious stuff. So is talk of a coalition between the Liberals and
> NDP to keep him from doing Ontario harm.
> https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/10/anybody-but-ford-movement-is-percolating-as-june-7-election-nears-poll.html

Translation: Wynne is fucking toast, and The Star knows it.

Although in a good chunk of the province, the Liberals are very close to
their floor -- 18.6 in South Central (Hamilton - Niagara for the most
part), 14.8 in the Southwest, 14.6% in the North, and 22.7% in the East --
so there aren't a lot of votes for the NDP to pick up.

And the Liberals are up on the NDP in Toronto ... I don't imagine the
message from 1 Yonge Street to NDP supporters that they should vote for
Wynne would go over well.

And if you want to motivate PC turnout, start telling people that Wynne will
be involved in an NDP government.

Fun fact: NDP support in some parts of Toronto is actually lower than 4
years ago.
Greg Carr
2018-05-14 02:23:11 UTC
Anybody but Wynne.
The Doctor
2018-05-14 03:39:30 UTC
In article <2c9deb6b-5aff-44ae-84ca-***@googlegroups.com>,
<***@gmail.com> wrote:
>A B F. . . . to the point of switching party allegiance to ensure he
>doesn't get in.
>That's serious stuff. So is talk of a coalition between the Liberals
>and NDP to keep him from doing Ontario harm.
>_______________________________
>
>Anybody-but-Ford movement is percolating as June 7 election nears: poll
>
>Swaths of Liberal and NDP voters most firmly opposed to Doug Ford are
>preparing to switch allegiance if the other party appears to have a
>better chance of stopping his Progressive Conservatives, the survey
>finds.
>

>An anybody-but-Ford movement is percolating as the June 7 election draws
>closer, with Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals at the biggest risk of being
>left behind, suggests a poll provided to the Star.
>
>Swaths of Liberal and NDP voters most firmly opposed to Doug Ford are
>preparing to switch allegiance if the other party appears to have a
>better chance of stopping his Progressive Conservatives, said Craig
>Worden, president of Pollara Strategic Insights.
>
>The likelihood is stronger in Toronto than in the rest of the province
>and is a red flag to the Liberals because they have a higher percentage
>of voters motivated mainly by anti-Ford sentiments than Andrea
>Horwath’s New Democrats, Worden added.
>
>A further breakdown of the results shows that province-wide, 60 per cent
>of NDP voters motivated to back Horwath by their opposition to Ford said
>they are likely to switch to the Liberals if necessary, while 78 per
>cent of Liberal voters were ready to back New Democrat candidates.
>
>The percentages are higher in the province’s largest city.
>
>“It really stood out that, in Toronto, (of) the anti-Ford voters who
>are Liberals, 84 per cent said they’re likely to switch to the NDP if
>it means they look like they’re going to be the most likely to stop
>Doug Ford,” Worden said.
>
>“And 92 per cent of the NDP feel the same. But the thing is, the
>Liberals have a bigger chunk of voters who are anti-Ford than the
>NDP.”
>
>More:
>https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/10/anybody-but-ford-movement-is-percolating-as-june-7-election-nears-poll.html

How about anybody but Liberals, PCs and NDPS?
Mistakes are the portals of discovery. -James Joyce
Dave Smith
2018-05-14 11:41:24 UTC
On 2018-05-13 11:39 PM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <2c9deb6b-5aff-44ae-84ca-***@googlegroups.com>,
> <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A B F. . . . to the point of switching party allegiance to ensure he
>> doesn't get in.
>> That's serious stuff. So is talk of a coalition between the Liberals
>> and NDP to keep him from doing Ontario harm.
>> _______________________________
>>
>> Anybody-but-Ford movement is percolating as June 7 election nears: poll
>>
>> Swaths of Liberal and NDP voters most firmly opposed to Doug Ford are
>> preparing to switch allegiance if the other party appears to have a
>> better chance of stopping his Progressive Conservatives, the survey
>> finds.
>>

>> An anybody-but-Ford movement is percolating as the June 7 election draws
>> closer, with Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals at the biggest risk of being
>> left behind, suggests a poll provided to the Star.
>>
>> Swaths of Liberal and NDP voters most firmly opposed to Doug Ford are
>> preparing to switch allegiance if the other party appears to have a
>> better chance of stopping his Progressive Conservatives, said Craig
>> Worden, president of Pollara Strategic Insights.
>>
>> The likelihood is stronger in Toronto than in the rest of the province
>> and is a red flag to the Liberals because they have a higher percentage
>> of voters motivated mainly by anti-Ford sentiments than Andrea
>> Horwath’s New Democrats, Worden added.
>>
>> A further breakdown of the results shows that province-wide, 60 per cent
>> of NDP voters motivated to back Horwath by their opposition to Ford said
>> they are likely to switch to the Liberals if necessary, while 78 per
>> cent of Liberal voters were ready to back New Democrat candidates.
>>
>> The percentages are higher in the province’s largest city.
>>
>> “It really stood out that, in Toronto, (of) the anti-Ford voters who
>> are Liberals, 84 per cent said they’re likely to switch to the NDP if
>> it means they look like they’re going to be the most likely to stop
>> Doug Ford,” Worden said.
>>
>> “And 92 per cent of the NDP feel the same. But the thing is, the
>> Liberals have a bigger chunk of voters who are anti-Ford than the
>> NDP.”
>>
>> More:
>> https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/05/10/anybody-but-ford-movement-is-percolating-as-june-7-election-nears-poll.html
>
> How about anybody but Liberals, PCs and NDPS?

Horvath wants to turn Ontario into a sanctuary province so that anyone
who sneaks in or overstays visas will be entitled to education,
healthcare and welfare regardless of their legal status.
b***@gmail.com
2018-05-14 21:51:20 UTC

Hell, better that than give still more tax breaks to the corporations, eh?
Liberals are VERMIN!
2018-05-15 00:37:55 UTC
The NPD women just said she had no interest in a coalition, so they and the liberals are f-------