BC NDP govt to stall Kinder Morgan pipeline twinning
Eric©
2017-08-11 02:21:04 UTC
"The government of British Columbia will not allow Kinder Morgan Canada Ltd to begin work
on public land for its Trans Mountain pipeline expansion until it 'meaningfully' consults
Aboriginal communities, the Canadian province's environment minister said on Thursday.

Minister George Heyman told reporters in Vancouver that the government will seek
intervener status in court cases against federal approval of the project. Heyman said the
company needs to meet standards laid out by Canadian law, without specifying the
benchmark for consultation to which Kinder Morgan would be held.

'We know with the federal government's approval of this project, the path forward will be
challenging, but we are committed to stepping up and fighting for B.C.'s interests,' he
said. 'We will continue to explore every tool possible.'"
http://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/british-columbia-says-it-will-bar-
trans-mountain-work-until-consultations-done/wcm/042a4200-e25f-4af0-9dcd-3eafd7a77427

http://bit.ly/2vUxisa

Burying a project in red tape ought to be right up the NDP's alley...
Nobody
2017-08-11 03:36:18 UTC
Post by Eric©
[...]
If they try to block it that would appear to be a violation of the
principles set out in the NWPTA agreement.

http://www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca/pdf/NewWest_Partnership_Trade_A
greement_2016.pdf

If they violate that agreement, BC could be kicked out. Alberta
would then be free to block goods passing through the province or cut
the supply of jet fuel and gasoline to BC. Alberta supplies over
half the jet fuel and gas to BC. Alberta has used this tactic before
on Ontario when there were disputes. Once gasoline hits about $5 per
liter, BC might get a clue and get with the program
The Doctor
2017-08-11 12:54:27 UTC
Post by Nobody
Post by Eric©
[...]
Horgan is stupid as stupid can be!
Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides