Climate change causing Calgary to alter how it plans for the future
gordo
2018-03-10 20:19:06 UTC
Q & A
Climate change causing Calgary to alter how it plans for the future
'What we’ll have to do over the next number of years is start
rewriting our standards'
Climate change is often treated as this big, looming threat that's
going to alter our lives sometime in the future.

Well, the future is closer than you think.

Climate change is already having an effect on Calgary.

It's forcing the city to rethink everything from how roads are built
to what kind of trees are planted.

That was the focus of the Calgary Climate Symposium, which wraps up
Thursday.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-climate-change-plan-future-1.4568432

---
http://www.avg.com
The Doctor
2018-03-10 23:56:55 UTC
Post by gordo
Q & A
Climate change causing Calgary to alter how it plans for the future
'What we’ll have to do over the next number of years is start
rewriting our standards'
Climate change is often treated as this big, looming threat that's
going to alter our lives sometime in the future.
Well, the future is closer than you think.
Climate change is already having an effect on Calgary.
It's forcing the city to rethink everything from how roads are built
to what kind of trees are planted.
That was the focus of the Calgary Climate Symposium, which wraps up
Thursday.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-climate-change-plan-future-1.4568432
---
http://www.avg.com
Calgary is a black hole.
To make pleasures pleasant, shorten them. -Charles Buxton
simplicity
2018-03-11 01:39:48 UTC
Post by gordo
Q & A
Climate change causing Calgary to alter how it plans for the future
'What we’ll have to do over the next number of years is start
rewriting our standards'
Climate change is often treated as this big, looming threat that's
going to alter our lives sometime in the future.
Well, the future is closer than you think.
Climate change is already having an effect on Calgary.
It's forcing the city to rethink everything from how roads are built
to what kind of trees are planted.
That was the focus of the Calgary Climate Symposium, which wraps up
Thursday.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-climate-change-plan-future-1.4568432
As if climate has never changed before.

I really don't know what Gordo's point is but... he is probably clueless as well, except that he just demonstrates easily predictable reaction to phrase "climate change".
gordo
2018-03-11 17:13:16 UTC
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:39:48 -0800 (PST), simplicity
Post by simplicity
Post by gordo
Q & A
[...]
"A: We have a co-ordinated approach at the city to look at our
operations and look at the services we are providing to Calgarians. We
follow an international process where we first identify the various
risks, then look at how we can actually reduce that.

So we've come up with over 1,000 actions at the city, everything from
transportation, land use to business continuity.... The next step we
want to take is to really start working with Calgarians, and that is
what we are doing this week. It's reaching out to them and creating
that mutual understanding."

---
http://www.avg.com
simplicity
2018-03-12 01:30:21 UTC
Post by gordo
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:39:48 -0800 (PST), simplicity
Post by simplicity
Post by gordo
Q & A
[...]
"A: We have a co-ordinated approach at the city to look at our
operations and look at the services we are providing to Calgarians. We
follow an international process where we first identify the various
risks, then look at how we can actually reduce that.
So we've come up with over 1,000 actions at the city, everything from
transportation, land use to business continuity.... The next step we
want to take is to really start working with Calgarians, and that is
what we are doing this week. It's reaching out to them and creating
that mutual understanding."
So, no answer in that "answer" by Gordo, just more shapeless, senseless blah-blah-blah gibberish by Gordo, triggered by someone making a "climate change" sound.

Climate has been changing for as long as there is a dry piece of land which is now Calgary. And it will keep changing. If there is 1.2 Mpersons occupying that spot, they should be doing something to adapt to those changes. Wow!!! What a concept, eh Gordo.

The only issue with this "adaptation" is that it serves the politicos to hit reach deeper into peoples' pockets. Using natural phenomena to tax people excessively.

When will Gordo start advocating taxing oxygen?