Alberta's proposed pot sales rules
Eric©
2017-10-04 20:30:58 UTC
"Alberta has unveiled its proposed framework for marijuana legalization, which calls for
a minimum age of 18 to buy or use cannabis.

Other proposed rules include:

Public possession limit of 30 grams (with no limit on possession in private
residences).
Sales will be in specialty stores, separate from alcohol, tobacco and
pharmaceuticals.
Limit of 30 grams per purchase.
Smoking and vaping in public will fall under existing tobacco laws.
No smoking or vaping in vehicles, including passengers.
Four plants can be grown per household, to a maximum height of one metre each.
Outdoor growing will be banned."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-provincial-rules-marijuana-cannabis-
1.4327491

http://bit.ly/2y1tk1I

Makes more sense than Kathy's 'plan' over in Ontario.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-04 22:37:36 UTC
Post by Eric©
"Alberta has unveiled its proposed framework for marijuana legalization, which calls for
a minimum age of 18 to buy or use cannabis.
Public possession limit of 30 grams (with no limit on possession in private
residences).
Why is there a limit of four plants (of 1 metre!) per res then?
Does this mean you can have only 4 sprouted seeds?
If not then when does Life Begin for weeds?

Dhu

I tis a plant. Why can't it be grown outdoors? I predict the black market will still have a huge cut of the pot market two years after it is legalized.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-05 04:57:19 UTC
Post by Eric©
[...]
Black market liquor is _hard_ to come by. In the years
after Prohibition ended the popularity of "Canadian"
Whiskey plummeted in the Bourbon states. What makes
you think weed will be different?

2017-10-05 05:32:45 UTC
Post by Eric©
[...]
I have gone to boozecans in the past in Vancouver. Carlito's was a HAMC bootleg liquor service than ran for years in Burnaby-New West. Illegal tobacco is big time organized crime with some of the native syndicates. 5th Estate has done stories on it. Currently weed sells around $8 to $10 a gram so I am told. If the govt makes the legal price that amount they will just be under cut by the illegal market who will deliver, offer credit and provide higher potency strains.

Liquor takes years to make and takes up a lot of space. Many ppl like my late parents make their own wine and join wine clubs. They do not sell what they make but they may trade.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-07 05:06:09 UTC
Post by Eric©
1.4327491
http://bit.ly/2y1tk1I
Makes more sense than Kathy's 'plan' over in Ontario.
I tis a plant. Why can't it be grown outdoors? I predict the black
market will still have a huge cut of the pot market two years after
it is legalized.
Black market liquor is _hard_ to come by. In the years after
Prohibition ended the popularity of "Canadian"
Whiskey plummeted in the Bourbon states. What makes you think weed
will be different?
http://babayaga.neotext.ca/PublicKeys/
Duncan_Patton_a_Campbell_pubkey.txt
Post by Greg Carr
I have gone to boozecans in the past in Vancouver. Carlito's was a HAMC
bootleg liquor service than ran for years in Burnaby-New West. Illegal
tobacco is big time organized crime with some of the native syndicates.
5th Estate has done stories on it. Currently weed sells around $8 to $10
a gram so I am told. If the govt makes the legal price that amount they
will just be under cut by the illegal market who will deliver, offer
credit and provide higher potency strains.
Liquor takes years to make and takes up a lot of space. Many ppl like my
late parents make their own wine and join wine clubs. They do not sell
what they make but they may trade.
No Greg, Booze does not take years to make. 3-5 days to cook the mash,
then you run the end of the still thru activated charcoal: instant "aged"
Bourbon/Rye/Scotch (add flavoring to suit, ala Suntory;-)