On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 19:09:28 -0500, AlleyCat says...
Post by AlleyCat
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 17:08:24 -0700, Alan Baker says...
Post by Alan Baker Post by AlleyCat
Fine... we like being in the party that DOESN'T have those people in
Name one thing that is happening that is making America greater under Trump.
Sorry... I can't name one thing.
But here's 81.
1. Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and
repealing the Obamacare mandate.
2. Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.
3. Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1
4. Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.
5. A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.
6. A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.
7. A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.
8. Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA
9. Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed
for every new one creates. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and
regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.
10. Signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts.
11. Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the
threat of environmental regulations.
12. Signed an Executive Order cutting the time for infrastructure permit
13. Eliminated an Obama rule on streams that Trump felt unfairly
targeted the coal industry.
14. Made good on his campaign promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific
15. Opened up the North American Free Trade Agreement for talks to
better the deal for the U.S.
16. Worked to bring companies back to the U.S., and companies like
Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open
17. Worked to promote the sale of U.S products abroad.
18. Made enforcement of U.S. trade laws, especially those that involve
national security, a priority.
19. Ended Obama's deal with Cuba.
20. The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting
regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of
Mexico for oil and gas drilling.
21. Trump traveled the world to promote the sale and use of U.S. energy.
22. Expanded energy infrastructure projects like the Keystone XL
Pipeline snubbed by Obama.
23. Ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to kill Obama's Clean
24. EPA is reconsidering Obama rules on methane emissions.
25. Laid out new principles for reforming immigration and announced plan
to end "chain migration," which lets one legal immigrant to bring in
dozens of family members.
26. Made progress to build the border wall with Mexico.
27. Ended the Obama-era "catch and release" of illegal immigrants.
28. Boosted the arrests of illegals inside the U.S.
29. Doubled the number of counties participating with Immigration and
Customs Enforcement charged with deporting illegals.
30. Removed 36 percent more criminal gang members than in fiscal 2016.
31. Started the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival
32. Ditto for other amnesty programs like Deferred Action for Parents of
33. Cracking down on some 300 sanctuary cities that defy ICE but still
get federal dollars.
34. Added some 100 new immigration judges.
35. Justice announced grants of $98 million to fund 802 new cops.
36. Justice worked with Central American nations to arrest and charge
4,000 MS-13 members.
37. Homeland rounded up nearly 800 MS-13 members, an 83 percent one-year
38. Signed three executive orders aimed at cracking down on
international criminal organizations.
39. Attorney General Jeff Sessions created new National Public Safety
Partnership, a cooperative initiative with cities to reduce violent
40. Trump has nominated 73 federal judges and won his nomination of Neil
Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
41. Ordered ethical standards including a lobbying ban.
42. Called for a comprehensive plan to reorganize the executive branch.
43. Ordered an overhaul to modernize the digital government.
44. Called for a full audit of the Pentagon and its spending.
45. First, the president declared a Nationwide Public Health Emergency
46. His Council of Economic Advisors played a role in determining that
overdoses are underreported by as much as 24 percent.
47. The Department of Health and Human Services laid out a new five-
point strategy to fight the crisis.
48. Justice announced it was scheduling fentanyl substances as a drug
class under the Controlled Substances Act.
49. Justice started a fraud crackdown, arresting more than 400.
50. The administration added $500 million to fight the crisis.
51. On National Drug Take Back Day, the Drug Enforcement Agency
collected 456 tons.
52. In his first week, Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City
Policy that blocks some $9 billion in foreign aid being used for
53. Worked with Congress on a bill overturning an Obama regulation that
blocked states from defunding abortion providers.
54. Published guidance to block Obamacare money from supporting
55. Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act
to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs to
fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect
56. Signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act.
57. Signed the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, to
58. Signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize
$2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.
59. Created a VA hotline.
60. Had the VA launch an online "Access and Quality Tool," providing
veterans with a way to access wait time and quality of care data.
61. With VA Secretary Dr. David Shulkin, announced three initiatives to
expand access to healthcare for veterans using telehealth
62. Directed the rebuilding of the military and ordered a new national
strategy and nuclear posture review.
63. Worked to increase defense spending.
64. Empowered military leaders to "seize the initiative and win,"
reducing the need for a White House sign off on every mission.
65. Directed the revival of the National Space Council to develop space
66. Elevated U.S. Cyber Command into a major warfighting command.
67. Withdrew from the U.N. Global Compact on Migration, which Trump saw
as a threat to borders.
68. Imposed a travel ban on nations that lack border and anti-terrorism
69. Saw ISIS lose virtually all of its territory.
70. Pushed for strong action against global outlaw North Korea and its
development of nuclear weapons.
71. Announced a new Afghanistan strategy that strengthens support for
U.S. forces at war with terrorism.
72. NATO increased support for the war in Afghanistan.
73. Approved a new Iran strategy plan focused on neutralizing the
country's influence in the region.
74. Ordered missile strikes against a Syrian airbase used in a chemical
75. Prevented subsequent chemical attacks by announcing a plan to detect
them better and warned of future strikes if they were used.
76. Ordered new sanctions on the dictatorship in Venezuela.
77. Trump won the release of Americans held abroad, often using his
personal relationships with world leaders.
78. Made good on a campaign promise to recognize Jerusalem as the
capital of Israel.
79. Conducted a historic 12-day trip through Asia, winning new
cooperative deals. On the trip, he attended three regional summits
to promote American interests.
80. He traveled to the Middle East and Europe to build new relationships
81. Traveled to Poland and on to Germany for the G-20 meeting where he
pushed again for funding of women entrepreneurs.