Another nail in the union coffin
2017-08-06 02:13:11 UTC
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 19:19:09 -0500, Byker says...
Workers at a Nissan assembly plant in Mississippi have voted against forming
a union, adding to decades of futility by United Auto Workers organizers at
foreign-owned auto plants in the American South.
LOL... I worked there for 7 years and we voted the Union down EVERY damn
time. It was hard to convince us that giving THEM money could possibly
make it any better than it already was. We made DAMN good money and the
benefits were fantastic.

The ONLY thing that they could have possibly made any "better", was to
argue for the Democrats who were always getting fired for doing something
as stupid as stealing a car part.

Like I said, we made damn good money and we all got big discounts on our
cars and trucks, yet there were so many stupid Democrats working there,
that theft was a problem.

You can take the Democrat out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto
out of the Democrat.
Fred C. Dobbs
2017-08-07 19:39:15 UTC
[...]
Same problem at the Leeds plant in St Louis. Except the GM crooks
recognized the UAW and later, caved into hiring a bunch of lazy
unqualified for anything blacks to work on the assembly lines. If you
bought a Malibu in the 70's and it fell apart, this is why.
AlleyCat
2017-08-07 20:36:39 UTC
On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 19:39:15 +0000 (UTC), Fred C. Dobbs says...
Post by Fred C. Dobbs
Post by AlleyCat
You can take the Democrat out of the ghetto, but you can't take the
ghetto out of the Democrat.
Same problem at the Leeds plant in St Louis. Except the GM crooks
recognized the UAW and later, caved into hiring a bunch of lazy
unqualified for anything blacks to work on the assembly lines. If you
bought a Malibu in the 70's and it fell apart, this is why.
You're right in part, but try not to be so hard on the Democrats about
GM's quality.

After the EPA's Gestapo rules and laws took affect, GM and other car
companies needed to make the money lost to EPA regulations back, so they
cheapened everything else, and that meant plastic parts that broke to the
touch.

Now, bad quality IS the Democrats' fault.
Seaview
2017-08-07 20:47:01 UTC
Post by Fred C. Dobbs
Post by AlleyCat
You can take the Democrat out of the ghetto, but you can't take the
ghetto out of the Democrat.
Same problem at the Leeds plant in St Louis. Except the GM crooks
recognized the UAW and later, caved into hiring a bunch of lazy
unqualified for anything blacks to work on the assembly lines. If you
bought a Malibu in the 70's and it fell apart, this is why.
You're right in part, but try not to be so hard on the Democrats about
GM's quality.
After the EPA's Gestapo rules and laws took affect, GM and other car
companies needed to make the money lost to EPA regulations back, so they
cheapened everything else, and that meant plastic parts that broke to the
touch.
Now, bad quality IS the Democrats' fault.
Now those NHTSA and EPA goons are MPGing us into anemic 4 bangers that
need turbos to keep up with traffic.

So we get:

~ engines that will have decreased head gasket life
~ coarser idle settings
~ decreased torque
~ lower towing capacity
~ resonator exhausts that sound like fart machines

And the real kickers are:

~ aluminum bodywork that costs mucho $$$ to repair
~ lower vehicle weight that causes instability in crosswinds
~ skinny contact patch tires that reduce handling

All so they can set unrealistic CAFE standards.

It all SUCKS!
Governor Swill
2017-08-08 02:47:06 UTC
Post by Fred C. Dobbs
Post by AlleyCat
You can take the Democrat out of the ghetto, but you can't take the
ghetto out of the Democrat.
Same problem at the Leeds plant in St Louis. Except the GM crooks
recognized the UAW and later, caved into hiring a bunch of lazy
unqualified for anything blacks to work on the assembly lines. If you
bought a Malibu in the 70's and it fell apart, this is why.
You're right in part, but try not to be so hard on the Democrats about
GM's quality.
After the EPA's Gestapo rules and laws took affect, GM and other car
companies needed to make the money lost to EPA regulations back, so they
cheapened everything else, and that meant plastic parts that broke to the
touch.
The Japanese were masterful at using plastic and Detroit tried to keep
up. But though Japanese plastic parts held up as well as metal ones,
Detroit might as well have been building ac vents out of saran wrap.
Post by AlleyCat
Now, bad quality IS the Democrats' fault.
The Japanese and Europeans had to abide by the same rules and their
cars weren't "cheapened" by compliance. In fact, the Japanese
exceeded even German standards for reliability and quality at the very
time Detroit were sliding from crap to garbage. They were in denial
that they'd been deliberately building crap cars that wore out quickly
in order to keep the market volume high.

Swill
"Bungled collusion is still collusion." -- Charles Krauthammer.
AlleyCat
2017-08-08 04:30:39 UTC
Post by AlleyCat
Now, bad quality IS the Democrats' fault.
The Japanese and Europeans had to abide by the same rules and their
cars weren't "cheapened" by compliance.
They didn't use the same cheap ass parts Detroit did. Remember the orange
buttons on GM radios? Turd in a punch bowl come to mind. Dad was a Ford
guy, so no 70s to early 80s GM cars.
Post by Governor Swill
In fact, the Japanese
exceeded even German standards for reliability and quality at the very
time Detroit were sliding from crap to garbage. They were in denial
that they'd been deliberately building crap cars that wore out quickly
in order to keep the market volume high.
You'll get no argument out of me, on this issue. GM used shitty parts, and
that's all there was to it. Like I said, dad was a Ford guy, but he was
also in the Air Force, so USED CARS was the order of the day.

There were so many people selling cars for almost TOO cheap to pass up,
that it seemed like we had another car every year. Well, we DID have 4
boys in our family, so around 1980 our front yard looked like a used car
lot, with at LEAST 6 cars. I say at least, because dad or I was always
working on one and driving one too. We were the mechanics of the family.

Dad bought some GM cars, but they were always used and ALWAYS pre 1970.

'65 Cadillac
'65 Chevy Impala SS 4spd
'68 Chevy Impala

That's all I can remember, right now.

We got a Plymouth Fury I Police Interceptor with the 383 Interceptor
engine. THAT thing was freakin' FAST.

I can't remember having ANY cars built from '74 to '83. Those were some
shitty cars!
Siri Cruise
2017-08-08 12:06:48 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
The Japanese and Europeans had to abide by the same rules and their
cars weren't "cheapened" by compliance.
They didn't use the same cheap ass parts Detroit did. Remember the orange
How did the UAW get to choose what parts to use?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / \
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed
SeaSnake
2017-08-08 15:46:38 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by AlleyCat
Post by Governor Swill
The Japanese and Europeans had to abide by the same rules and their
cars weren't "cheapened" by compliance.
They didn't use the same cheap ass parts Detroit did. Remember the orange
How did the UAW get to choose what parts to use?
Dumb cunt!

The UAW forced GM to use cheap crap with their out of scale wages
demands and strikes.

Fuck off and DIE, bitch.
AlleyCat
2017-08-08 20:30:06 UTC
On Tue, 08 Aug 2017 05:06:48 -0700, Siri Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by AlleyCat
Post by Governor Swill
The Japanese and Europeans had to abide by the same rules and their
cars weren't "cheapened" by compliance.
They didn't use the same cheap ass parts Detroit did. Remember the orange
How did the UAW get to choose what parts to use?
Like a good liberal, someone changed the topic. It went from unions to
union WORKERS, then I changed it to " try not to be so hard on the
Democrats about GM's quality".

Were you too interested in the live game of Dungeons and Dragons on
youtube to be able to figger that out?

Curiosity got the better of me, so I went to youtube to see if my "joke"
about you could be possible.

[giggle]

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=live+dungeons+and+dragons

OH MY GAWD!
AlleyCat

OH MY GAWD!
Governor Swill
2017-08-09 03:43:51 UTC
Post by AlleyCat
Now, bad quality IS the Democrats' fault.
The Japanese and Europeans had to abide by the same rules and their
cars weren't "cheapened" by compliance.
They didn't use the same cheap ass parts Detroit did. Remember the orange
buttons on GM radios? Turd in a punch bowl come to mind. Dad was a Ford
guy, so no 70s to early 80s GM cars.
Ford. Fix Or Repair Daily.

They're much better these days. I've always thought Fords more
comfortable than anything from GM short of a Cadillac but their
reliability sucked. Nowadays, they can compete with the best global
makes and it shows in the way they turned the company around. When
Uncle was bailing out GM and Chrysler, Ford said, "Nah, we're good."
Post by AlleyCat
Post by Governor Swill
In fact, the Japanese
exceeded even German standards for reliability and quality at the very
time Detroit were sliding from crap to garbage. They were in denial
that they'd been deliberately building crap cars that wore out quickly
in order to keep the market volume high.
You'll get no argument out of me, on this issue. GM used shitty parts, and
that's all there was to it. Like I said, dad was a Ford guy, but he was
also in the Air Force, so USED CARS was the order of the day.
Yup. Always bought used and despite their tendency to break, always
bought American, mostly because they were cheap. Lol!
Post by AlleyCat
There were so many people selling cars for almost TOO cheap to pass up,
that it seemed like we had another car every year. Well, we DID have 4
boys in our family, so around 1980 our front yard looked like a used car
lot, with at LEAST 6 cars. I say at least, because dad or I was always
working on one and driving one too. We were the mechanics of the family.
Dad bought some GM cars, but they were always used and ALWAYS pre 1970.
'65 Cadillac
'65 Chevy Impala SS 4spd
'68 Chevy Impala
That's all I can remember, right now.
We got a Plymouth Fury I Police Interceptor with the 383 Interceptor
engine. THAT thing was freakin' FAST.
Back when I drove a cab, my taxi was a 1985 Dodge police interceptor.
Damn thing could take curving freeway ramps like it was running on
railroad tracks.
Post by AlleyCat
I can't remember having ANY cars built from '74 to '83. Those were some
shitty cars!
That was about the time I was of age enough to start buying cars. In
1973, my first car was a 66 Mercury Comet. The big one, very comfy.
Funny that, it had burned valves when I bought it and now that I think
of it, the only Ford I ever had that didn't have burned valves was a
2007 Focus I bought in 2009.

Most reliable car was a 66 Dodge Coronet with a slant six.

In 78 I bought a 73 Catalina and most of my cars since were Pontiacs.
My favorite was a 79 Bonneville Brougham. So comfortable it was like
riding around in a French whore's pussy. Every time I took it to the
shop, I'd get comments about how torquey that little v8 was. It would
cruise at 90 and never break a sweat.

Swill
"Bungled collusion is still collusion." -- Charles Krauthammer.
AlleyCat
2017-08-09 05:24:07 UTC
On Tue, 08 Aug 2017 23:43:51 -0400, Governor Swill says...
Post by Governor Swill
Post by AlleyCat
They didn't use the same cheap ass parts Detroit did. Remember the orange
buttons on GM radios? Turd in a punch bowl come to mind. Dad was a Ford
guy, so no 70s to early 80s GM cars.
Ford. Fix Or Repair Daily.
We always said "Found On the Road Dead".
Post by Governor Swill
Back when I drove a cab, my taxi was a 1985 Dodge police interceptor.
Damn thing could take curving freeway ramps like it was running on
railroad tracks.
This is gonna get weird. You'll see.

I drove a cab too.
Post by Governor Swill
Post by AlleyCat
I can't remember having ANY cars built from '74 to '83. Those were some
shitty cars!
That was about the time I was of age enough to start buying cars. In
1973, my first car was a 66 Mercury Comet.
Ha! Got you beat. My 2nd car was a 1967 Mercury Comet. Told you it'd got
weird.
Post by Governor Swill
The big one, very comfy.
All my college suite-mates liked my car best (roomier and more
comfortable), so we always took it to and from home.
Post by Governor Swill
Funny that, it had burned valves when I bought it and now that I think
of it, the only Ford I ever had that didn't have burned valves was a
2007 Focus I bought in 2009.
Most reliable car was a 66 Dodge Coronet with a slant six.
Slants were good, but my straight six Fords lasted forever.
Post by Governor Swill
In 78 I bought a 73 Catalina and most of my cars since were Pontiacs.
My favorite was a 79 Bonneville Brougham. So comfortable it was like
riding around in a French whore's pussy. Every time I took it to the
shop, I'd get comments about how torquey that little v8 was. It would
cruise at 90 and never break a sweat.
Swill
We had a '78 Thunderbird like that (oops... forgot about that one). It had
a 351 Windsor in it, and one night I took it out on I-10 and buried the
needle. And when I say buried the needle, I don't mean it went to about a
100 or so... it was a '78 so it had the old speedometer that only went to
85.

The 85mph mark was at about the 4 o'clock position. I had that needle all
the way back around to the 0mph mark (around the 8 o'clock position. It
was like riding on air... barely even felt the expansion joints in the
concrete.

We figured Ford and others still gave you the ability to figure you were
going 120mph, like the old speedos, with the design of their speedos, even
without the requisite marks... "0" being the 120 mark.

Looks about "right".

That WAS fun!
SeaSnake
2017-08-09 15:33:47 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Back when I drove a cab, my taxi was a 1985 Dodge police interceptor.
You sound like the kind of common faggot trash that would be relegated
to driving a cab.

Drop dead.
SeaSnake
2017-08-08 15:50:09 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by AlleyCat
Now, bad quality IS the Democrats' fault.
The Japanese and Europeans had to abide by the same rules and their
cars weren't "cheapened" by compliance. In fact, the Japanese
exceeded even German standards for reliability and quality at the very
time Detroit were sliding from crap to garbage. They were in denial
that they'd been deliberately building crap cars that wore out quickly
in order to keep the market volume high.
Liar!

They were done in by robotics, disparate wage scales, the rot of union
labor that many foreign manufacturers were not subject to.

You are a serial faggot LIAR!
Siri Cruise
2017-08-08 12:05:21 UTC
After the EPA's Gestapo rules and laws took affect, GM and other car
companies needed to make the money lost to EPA regulations back, so they
cheapened everything else, and that meant plastic parts that broke to the
touch.
So I can make cars in British Columbia and then sell them over the border,
violating every EPA regulation without a problem? Sweet. Any Canuckians around
here who want to invest in an auto plant?
SeaSnake

Factories, cites?
AlleyCat
2017-08-08 20:35:17 UTC
On Tue, 08 Aug 2017 05:05:21 -0700, Siri Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by AlleyCat
After the EPA's Gestapo rules and laws took affect, GM and other car
companies needed to make the money lost to EPA regulations back, so they
cheapened everything else, and that meant plastic parts that broke to the
touch.
So I can make cars in British Columbia and then sell them over the border,
violating every EPA regulation without a problem? Sweet. Any Canuckians around
here who want to invest in an auto plant?
Fuck, man... your thought process is so fucking warped and nerdy, you
don't even make sense.

We're talking GM in the SEVENTIES. What the fuck would that have to do
with anything TODAY?

Once again, since you can not contribute to any discussion, you go back to
the BOZO Bin, AKA killfile.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / \
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed

Oh.

Bye.
Siri Cruise
2017-08-08 21:06:26 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by AlleyCat
After the EPA's Gestapo rules and laws took affect, GM and other car
companies needed to make the money lost to EPA regulations back, so they
cheapened everything else, and that meant plastic parts that broke to the
touch.
So I can make cars in British Columbia and then sell them over the border,
violating every EPA regulation without a problem? Sweet. Any Canuckians around
here who want to invest in an auto plant?
Fuck, man... your thought process is so fucking warped and nerdy, you
don't even make sense.
We're talking GM in the SEVENTIES. What the fuck would that have to do
with anything TODAY?
Again you try to dance to distract from your fuck-ups.
SeaSnake
2017-08-08 21:56:35 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
you try to dance to distract
Project much, meth whore?
Governor Swill
2017-08-08 02:42:58 UTC
On 05 Aug 2017, AlleyCat posted
Post by AlleyCat
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 19:19:09 -0500, Byker says...
Workers at a Nissan assembly plant in Mississippi have voted against
forming a union, adding to decades of futility by United Auto Workers
organizers at foreign-owned auto plants in the American South.
The greatest growth of the American middle class happened
concomitantly with the growth of unions. The fall of the middle class
has occurred concomitantly with the fall of the unions.

Hmmm . . .
Post by AlleyCat
LOL... I worked there for 7 years and we voted the Union down EVERY
damn time. It was hard to convince us that giving THEM money could
possibly make it any better than it already was. We made DAMN good
money and the benefits were fantastic.
You made good money and had benefits because of the Unions.
Post by AlleyCat
The ONLY thing that they could have possibly made any "better", was to
argue for the Democrats who were always getting fired for doing
something as stupid as stealing a car part.
Like I said, we made damn good money and we all got big discounts on
our cars and trucks, yet there were so many stupid Democrats working
there, that theft was a problem.
You can take the Democrat out of the ghetto, but you can't take the
ghetto out of the Democrat.
Same problem at the Leeds plant in St Louis. Except the GM crooks
recognized the UAW and later, caved into hiring a bunch of lazy
unqualified for anything blacks to work on the assembly lines. If you
bought a Malibu in the 70's and it fell apart, this is why.
It fell apart because of crappy GM design. Every 70s, 80s and 90s GM
car I've ever owned (except one) had the same problem. The fan for
the hvac would go out at around 100K. They finally licked the problem
- in the next century.

GM's 1973 series Abodies were notorious for rusting out around the
back window. This wasn't an assembly line issue, it was a design
flaw. The metal was too thin, insufficiently coated and the
installation design stressed the metal and led to friction which broke
down the coating. The rust spread into the quarter panels, weakening
the car's structure. The problem was only partially resolved with the
1978 downsizing of the Abody.

GM's 350 V8s were notorious for burning oil. This wasn't an assembly
line issue, it was a design flaw. The valve guide seal design was
defective and though they used that iteration of the 350 V8 nearly
twenty years, it took them more than a decade to solve the problem.
Never saw a 350 with over 90k that didn't blow a cloud of oil smoke
when you started it.

One reason US models now approach the reliability and efficiency of
Asian and European makes is because they've farmed out much of their
design and development work to their Asian and European branches and
to other global car companies.

GM has enaged in joint design ventures with Toyota. The Pontiac vibe
was a rebadged Toyota Matrix. GM was even importing Australian
Holdens and rebadging them in the late 2000s as Chevvies and Pontiacs.
GM's Epsilon platform, originally a midsize design but then adapted to
both compact and full size cars, has underpinned literally dozens of
GM models from compact Chevvies to big Cadillacs. It was developed by
Opel of Germany.

When Ford became resurgent in the 2000s, it was largely due to the
fact that most of the cars they built were based on Mazda chassis.
Their fabulously successful Focus and Fiesta were designed by Ford of
Europe. They use engines designed and built in Great Britain.

Any Chrysler product could be depended on to blow it's transmission
somewhere between 50k and 80k, especially the front drive transaxles.
They whipped that problem after several decades by using German built
trannies from the late nineties.

Swill
"Bungled collusion is still collusion." -- Charles Krauthammer.
M.I.Wakefield
2017-08-08 03:10:51 UTC
One reason US models now approach the reliability and efficiency of Asian
and European makes is because they've farmed out much of their design and
development work to their Asian and European branches and to other global
car companies.
We're trading in our 11-year old HHR this week ... we still love it, but
it's to the point that the maintenance costs are more than it's worth.
Governor Swill
2017-08-09 03:46:30 UTC
One reason US models now approach the reliability and efficiency of Asian
and European makes is because they've farmed out much of their design and
development work to their Asian and European branches and to other global
car companies.
We're trading in our 11-year old HHR this week ... we still love it, but
it's to the point that the maintenance costs are more than it's worth.
Chevy's HHR was designed by Bryan Nesbitt.

"Bryan Nesbitt is an automobile designer and currently head of General
Motors Corporation International Operations Design,[1] based in
Shanghai, China.[1] Nesbitt is also brand chairman for Wuling and
Baojun, two automakers with which G.M. joint ventures.[2]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Nesbitt

Swill
"Bungled collusion is still collusion." -- Charles Krauthammer.
D.R. Strange
2017-08-09 15:34:50 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Chevy's HHR was designed by Bryan Nesbitt.
But it was the brainchild of Bob Lutz, you moron.

He also brought us the PT Cruiser.
Governor Swill
2017-08-11 04:28:42 UTC
Post by D.R. Strange
Post by Governor Swill
Chevy's HHR was designed by Bryan Nesbitt.
But it was the brainchild of Bob Lutz, you moron.
He also brought us the PT Cruiser.
That figures. They were both butt ugly but at least the HHR wasn't an
embarrassment.

Swill
"Bungled collusion is still collusion." -- Charles Krauthammer.
D.R. Strange
2017-08-11 14:35:35 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by D.R. Strange
Post by Governor Swill
Chevy's HHR was designed by Bryan Nesbitt.
But it was the brainchild of Bob Lutz, you moron.
He also brought us the PT Cruiser.
That figures. They were both butt ugly but
Shaddup faggot, your opinions are DISMISSED!

SeaSnake
2017-08-08 15:50:53 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
The greatest growth of the American middle class happened
concomitantly with the growth of unions. The fall of the middle class
has occurred concomitantly with the fall of the unions.
Hmmm . . .
Why yes, a classic case of overreaching.

Think - job banks, you filth faggot vermin.
SeaSnake
2017-08-08 15:51:36 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Every 70s, 80s and 90s GM
car I've ever owned (except one) had the same problem. The fan for
the hvac would go out at around 100K.
Anecdotal gobbige.

Fuck off and DIE!