Making your bank stupid rich ?
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2017-12-04 20:03:36 UTC
I was chatting with a store clerk the other day and the profits that the banks were making off Canadians came up - because it had been in the news the day before.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/peter-armstrong-big-banks-1.4426733

I mentioned the Royal Bank which had made over $11 Billion dollars profit in a single year. The clerk mentioned that that was her bank and she had recently experienced this: She accidentally incurred an overdraft of approximately 50¢ and the Royal Bank charged her $50 for the overdraft - even though they covered it by transferring money from another one of her accounts. I was flabbergasted.

Today I took the time to check online what the Royal Bank fees currently are, and sure enough:
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/additional-services.html

$45 for the NSF and an additional $5 for 'handling' !!

Why would ANYONE be using these banks to do their banking? If there weren't alternatives, I might understand this, but for cryin' out loud - there ARE alternatives, and they're just as convenient and they have even free services for those over 50 or if you are a student:
________________________

Sick of bank fees? Here are some alternatives
https://globalnews.ca/news/1940587/sick-of-bank-fees-here-are-some-alternatives/

Get smarter with your money.
Cafe Racer
2017-12-04 21:06:20 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
I was chatting with a store clerk the other day and the profits that the banks were making off Canadians came up - because it had been in the news the day before.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/peter-armstrong-big-banks-1.4426733
I mentioned the Royal Bank which had made over $11 Billion dollars profit in a single year.
No bank or stockbroker ever went bust.

The average bank robber nets about $6,000 and risks an average 4 years jail time for his $6,000 'surplus value'.

Your bank in Canada probably netted $5 BILLION this year and none of its staff will be jailed for retaining that 'surplus value'.

Bertolt Brecht the German/American playwright once asked:

"Phooey, what is a bank robber, compared to a man who founds and runs a bank?"
M.I.Wakefield
2017-12-04 21:18:03 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Get smarter with your money.
I'd sooner take financial advice from Ken Selin than from Karen Gordon.
Cafe Racer
2017-12-04 21:28:55 UTC
Darn, now we have to google THAT guy ------
M.I.Wakefield
2017-12-04 21:43:23 UTC
Post by Cafe Racer
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Post by b***@gmail.com
Get smarter with your money.
I'd sooner take financial advice from Ken Selin than from Karen Gordon.
Darn, now we have to google THAT guy ------
Don't bother ... thumbnail sketch: homeless, mentally-ill, history of
domestic abuse, multiple university degrees, and his own political party:

http://www.eh-ok.ca/
Greg Carr
2017-12-05 00:40:16 UTC
Post by Cafe Racer
Post by M.I.Wakefield
Post by b***@gmail.com
Get smarter with your money.
I'd sooner take financial advice from Ken Selin than from Karen Gordon.
Darn, now we have to google THAT guy ------
Don't bother ... thumbnail sketch: homeless, mentally-ill, history of
http://www.eh-ok.ca/
---
http://www.avg.com
Lives in Seaton House a men's shelter in Toronto. It is being closed
down. Claims the CIA and HAMC are controlling Toronto and the CIA are
harassing him. Almost never posts a current picture using the one of
him as young man with promise from 30 years ago to lure women on the
Internet. I managed to get his old Facebook page shut down years ago.
b***@gmail.com
2017-12-04 21:42:53 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Get smarter with your money.
I'd sooner take financial advice from Ken Selin than from Karen Gordon.
This from a guy who has to take his laundry by bus to the laundromat?
You need to get a better financial consultant, boy.
John Milner
I'd like to cram him in the dryer and lock the door on him, the turd.
M.I.Wakefield
2017-12-04 22:52:08 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by M.I.Wakefield
I'd sooner take financial advice from Ken Selin than from Karen Gordon.
This from a guy who has to take his laundry by bus to the laundromat?
As I recall, I last used a laundromat in 1978 - the landlord didn't give the
university student roomers access to her washer/dryer while she was away at
the cottage in July and August - and I never took the bus, it was only a
block away.
Probably not ... he had me comfortably retired when i was 50.
Greg Carr
2017-12-05 00:37:19 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Get smarter with your money.
I'd sooner take financial advice from Ken Selin than from Karen Gordon.
---
http://www.avg.com
LOL I don't think KKK lives in a homeless shelter though I picture her
living in a basement suite with 4 lesbian, pay equity NDP nutters.
Greg Carr
2017-12-05 00:34:55 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
I have accounts at the CIBC and BMO. I am setting up a tax free
savings account next week. I own shares in 4 Canadian banks including
CIBC and TD. If you don't like banks use a credit union or Caisse
populairre in QB. Those of us with money pay next to nothing in bank
fees because if you keep a minimum $3k in an account they waive the
monthly fee. I also have a no fee credit card which pays a % back of
what I charge on it.

The op is a total loser with no job whose ex used to beat her like a
punching bag. An AUK award winner she is a racist and anti-semitic and
a lies like a sidewalk. Karen Eileen Gordon is her name and she
changes online identies frequently to avoid kill filers.
b***@gmail.com
2017-12-05 01:34:51 UTC
I have accounts at the CIBC and BMO. I am setting up a tax free
savings account next week. I own shares in 4 Canadian banks including
CIBC and TD. If you don't like banks use a credit union or Caisse
populairre in QB. Those of us with money pay next to nothing in bank
fees because if you keep a minimum $3k in an account they waive the
monthly fee. I also have a no fee credit card which pays a % back of
what I charge on it.
The op is a total loser with no job whose ex used to beat her like a
punching bag. An AUK award winner she is a racist and anti-semitic and
a lies like a sidewalk. Karen Eileen Gordon is her name and she
changes online identies frequently to avoid kill filers.
You are such a prolific bullshit manufacturer, Carr.

You are dependant on other Canadians (especially British Columbians) for your monthly Disability (mental issues) cheque. You've declared a major bankruptcy that will make your credit record shit for a lifetime - thus NO credit cards.

And that explains why you jump for joy when you get a GST rebate once in a while and a free bus pass to get around to your favourite bars and strolling strips.

Give it up. Most of us have been wise to you for years. You need to get just a small grip on reality and lose the mega lies. They won't make your welfare cheques any bigger.
Greg Carr
2017-12-05 09:33:58 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Greg Carr
[...]
Whatever you anonymous posting coward Karen Eileen Gordon I am using Google Groups this evening which is the only reason I see your lies. How many allies have you made in your twenty year hatred of feminity and reality. Maybe 2. You are a piece of crud and always will be. Do you deny being an AUK award winner? An anti-semite a punching bag for a male? Go suck on your dildo and please do tell us about your job. Kiss pay-equity goodbye.