Are carbon taxes just a tax grab?
2018-05-14 13:19:03 UTC
Ontario: 72%

PC supporters: 85%
NDP supporters: 72%
Liberal supporters: 54%

Of course, it doesn't help that some of the revenues from Ontario's Carbon
Tax are sent to California.
b***@gmail.com
2018-05-14 21:32:40 UTC
On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 6:19:07 AM UTC-7, M.I.Wakefield wrote:
> Ontario: 72%
>
> PC supporters: 85%
> NDP supporters: 72%
> Liberal supporters: 54%
>
> Of course, it doesn't help that some of the revenues from Ontario's Carbon
> Tax are sent to California.

Hell, most of Alberta's revenue from the dirty tar sands go into Texan pockets.
Is there a difference?
M.I.Wakefield
2018-05-14 21:58:43 UTC

Yes, in Alberta the tax revenues stay in Alberta. In Ontario, not so much.
b***@gmail.com
2018-05-14 22:10:09 UTC
On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 2:58:46 PM UTC-7, M.I.Wakefield wrote:
> wrote in message
>
> > On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 6:19:07 AM UTC-7, M.I.Wakefield wrote:
> > > Ontario: 72%
> > >
> > > PC supporters: 85%
> > > NDP supporters: 72%
> > > Liberal supporters: 54%
> > >
> > > Of course, it doesn't help that some of the revenues from Ontario's
> > > Carbon Tax are sent to California.
>
> > Hell, most of Alberta's revenue from the dirty tar sands go into Texan
> > pockets.
> > Is there a difference?
>
> Yes, in Alberta the tax revenues stay in Alberta. In Ontario, not so much.

You sure they stay in Alberta? Notley and Trudeau are telling us that the Kinder Morgan pipeline and exporting of their bitumen is "in the country's interests".

How can that be if the tax revenues stay in Alberta?

https://globalnews.ca/video/4145478/trudeau-maintains-that-building-tran-mountain-pipeline-in-national-interests/
M.I.Wakefield
2018-05-14 23:50:36 UTC
Karen Gordon wrote in message

> On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 2:58:46 PM UTC-7, M.I.Wakefield wrote:
> > Karen Gordon wrote in message

> > > Hell, most of Alberta's revenue from the dirty tar sands go into Texan
> > > pockets.
> > > Is there a difference?
> >
> > Yes, in Alberta the tax revenues stay in Alberta. In Ontario, not so
> > much.

> You sure they stay in Alberta? Notley and Trudeau are telling us that the
> Kinder Morgan pipeline and exporting of their bitumen is "in the country's
> interests".
> How can that be if the tax revenues stay in Alberta?
> https://globalnews.ca/video/4145478/trudeau-maintains-that-building-tran-mountain-pipeline-in-national-interests/

The fact that something does not benefit you personally does not mean that
it cannot benefit the nation as a whole.