Sign o' the times?
2018-05-14 19:04:12 UTC
The Liberal candidate in Markham-Unionville neglects to reference the party
on her lawn signs.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32453865_2105751223036310_2317450940015181824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=57cd062a505e5d50a59bea5334f6a060&oe=5B8E60B2

or: https://tinyurl.com/yctm8pfk
Alan Baker
2018-05-14 19:24:15 UTC
On 2018-05-14 12:04 PM, M.I.Wakefield wrote:
> The Liberal candidate in Markham-Unionville neglects to reference the
> party on her lawn signs.
>
> https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32453865_2105751223036310_2317450940015181824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=57cd062a505e5d50a59bea5334f6a060&oe=5B8E60B2
>

> or:  https://tinyurl.com/yctm8pfk

A friend of mine once ran for a seat in a Toronto riding that always
went NDP back then (Riverdale), only he was the Progressive Conservative
candidate. There was no party branding on his signs, either.

This was the 1990 election that saw the PCs lose big. Bret was one of
only two ridings (IIRC) in all of Ontario where the PCs got more votes
than they had in the previous election.

:-)
M.I.Wakefield
2018-05-14 19:36:45 UTC
"Alan Baker" wrote in message news:pdcnov$u6r$***@news.datemas.de...

> On 2018-05-14 12:04 PM, M.I.Wakefield wrote:
> > The Liberal candidate in Markham-Unionville neglects to reference the
> > party on her lawn signs.
> >
> > https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32453865_2105751223036310_2317450940015181824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=57cd062a505e5d50a59bea5334f6a060&oe=5B8E60B2
> > or: https://tinyurl.com/yctm8pfk

> A friend of mine once ran for a seat in a Toronto riding that always went
> NDP back then (Riverdale), only he was the Progressive Conservative
> candidate. There was no party branding on his signs, either.
>
> This was the 1990 election that saw the PCs lose big. Bret was one of only
> two ridings (IIRC) in all of Ontario where the PCs got more votes than
> they had in the previous election.

Markham-Unionville is a new riding; about half comes from an old riding of
the same name, and the other half comes from Oak Ridges-Markham. Both were
held by the Liberals, and the Liberals would have won the new riding if the
2018 boundaries had been used in 2014.
M.I.Wakefield
2018-05-16 13:10:43 UTC
"M.I.Wakefield" wrote in message news:pdcmje$ce2$***@dont-email.me...

> The Liberal candidate in Markham-Unionville neglects to reference the
> party on her lawn signs.

I wonder how many Liberals mention "Team Wynne", or have Kathy's photo on
their lawn signs?

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/05/15/liberal-candidates-sign-strategy-includes-avoiding-references-to-party.html