Off Topic: Canadian women impress
Add Reply
Cafe Racer
2017-12-04 01:37:51 UTC
Well, it's not off topic if it celebrates the competitiveness and courage of Canadian women.

I've always followed motorcycle racing, and to my surprise the toughest category --- motocross --- has seen many young Canadian women race and win. On the internet I found a pdf slide show of about FIFTY of these gutsy 'girls' from the last few years, so if anyone in your family is into motor sport or is female, they might like to click through the list and say 'Way to go, Canada!'

http://www.oldstox.com/images/Canadian%20women%20MX%20racers.pdf
Cafe Racer
2017-12-04 16:40:15 UTC
Post by Cafe Racer
Well, it's not off topic if it celebrates the competitiveness and courage of Canadian women.
I've always followed motorcycle racing, xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx and someone just reminded me that Canadian women also race on road circuits on big bikes. Vanessa Gareau-Dominguez and Genevieve Lesieur are just two of 'em:

Cafe Racer
2017-12-04 19:00:30 UTC
Post by Cafe Racer
Well, it's not off topic if it celebrates the competitiveness and courage of Canadian women.
--and the Canadian women like Calgary's Kelly Fedorowich who races a top fuel dragster:

and Winnipeg's Amber Balcaen who wins at NASCAR: