Don't take a walk on the wild side
Eric©
2017-05-18 19:47:30 UTC
"The student association at a Canadian university is apologizing to members of the
transgender community who may have felt 'hurt' or devalued by overhearing Lou Reed's
'Take a Walk on the Wild Side.'

In a statement on Facebook, Ontario's University of Guelph Central Student Association
apologized anyone who was upset by the 'hurtful' 'transphobic lyrics' played during a
campus event. The student association claimed the song 'Take a Walk on the Wild Side' was
picked for a playlist of '70s and '80s songs out of 'ignorance' and showed 'an error in
judgement' [sic]:"
http://www.mrctv.org/blog/canadian-student-association-apologizes-playing-transphobic-
take-walk-wild-side

http://bit.ly/2rwbn5S

I think I've been microaggressed by this story.
Greg Carr
It's probably my favourite Lou Reed song and I have it on his Greatest Hits album that I have.
Dhu on Gate
2017-05-18 20:25:26 UTC
Post by Greg Carr
Post by Eric©
take-walk-wild-side
http://bit.ly/2rwbn5S
I think I've been microaggressed by this story.
It's probably my favourite Lou Reed song and I have it on his Greatest
Hits album that I have.
Pretty much _everybodies_ favorite Lou Reed song ;^}