MSN Admits That High Pressure Systems, Not Man, MIGHT Cause California's Droughts To Recur and That Arctic Ice Not Melting As Fast As They and Other Climate Bogans Had HOPED For
Add Reply
Hillbilly Davis
2017-12-06 02:01:07 UTC
Doubt it that Australian climate Bogans will understand this, but...

=====

New Study Suggests Arctic Sea Ice Melt Could Exacerbate California
Droughts

According to a study released on Tuesday, melting arctic ice COULD, MIGHT,
MAYBE leave California vulnerable to a recurrence of the severe drought
suffered in recent years, as a result of high pressure systems that push
away rain-bearing storms.

=====

It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
pressure, and yes, even Arctic Sea Ice loss, makes California drier than
normal, then that means high pressure systems and Arctic Sea Ice loss has
been happening for thousands of years, not just the last 140, because
California is a DESERT region.

Since California's drought has been replaced with more rain and snow
falling upstream, I guess the Arctic ice ISN'T melting as fast and as much
as everyone keeps screeching about.

=====

Ivana Cvijanovic, an atmospheric scientist at the Department of Energy's
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory said, "This has the POTENTIAL, THE
MAYBE, THE MIGHT BE, THE COULD BE, to make a drought very similar to the
one we had in 2012 to 2016. Studies like this one imply that it's not only
a problem for communities in Alaska and that Arctic Sea ice loss that we
expect in the next couple of decades could have massive effects."

=====

Nature.

Meanwhile, not even INSIDE the Arctic Circle: https://vimeo.com/229812155
Hillbilly Davis
Siri Cruise
2017-12-06 02:35:26 UTC
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Oh, dear.

So you really are that stupid.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Hillbilly Davis
2017-12-06 03:14:19 UTC
On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 18:35:26 -0800, Siri Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Oh, dear.
What are you, 90? Tornadoes and hurricanes and droughts, oh my!
Post by Siri Cruise
So you really are that stupid.
For responding to stupidity... guilty.

Deserts in California make up about 25 percent of the total surface area.
- New World Encyclopedia

If you have TWENTY-FIVE percent of your land in desert, you can rest
assure, you WILL have droughts.

Dumb ass fucking nerd.

=====

California Drought: Past Dry Periods Have Lasted More Than 200 Years,
Scientists Say

California's current drought is being billed as the driest period in the
state's RECORDED rainfall history. BUT, scientists who study the West's
long-term climate patterns say the state has been parched for much longer
stretches BEFORE that 163-year historical period began.

And they worry that the "megadroughts" TYPICAL of California's earlier
history could come again.

Through studies of tree rings, sediment and other natural evidence,
researchers have documented multiple droughts in California that lasted 10
or 20 years in a row during the past 1,000 years - compared to the mere
three-year[1] duration of the current dry spell. The two most severe
megadroughts make the Dust Bowl of the 1930s look tame: a 240-year-long
drought that started in 850 and, 50 years after the conclusion of that
one, another that stretched at least 180 years.

"We continue to run California as if the longest drought we are ever going
to encounter is about seven years," said Scott Stine, a professor of
geography and environmental studies at Cal State East Bay. "We're living
in a dream world." - http://www.mercurynews.com/2014/01/25/california-
drought-past-dry-periods-have-lasted-more-than-200-years-scientists-say/

[1] This article was written in 2014, but according to Wiki, the last
drought started in 2011.

Six years is STILL a pittance , compared to previous droughts in
California and their longevity.

The winter of 2016-17 turned out to be the wettest on record in Northern
California, surpassing the previous record set in 1982-83.

Nature has a funny way of evening out the odd drought or 10.

Quit your fucking screeching... we'll be fine. If man can survive an ice
age (cold kills more than heat) with caveman technology, we can adapt and
survive the 0.01°F a year rise in temps and the 1mm a year in sea level
rise (ALL of which is within the natural variation), with TODAY'S
technology.
Siri Cruise
2017-12-06 10:23:24 UTC
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Deserts in California make up about 25 percent of the total surface area.
- New World Encyclopedia
Read your own post, idiot. California is not a desert region: it contains
deserts. And I know an idiot like you can't read a map, but the prevailing winds
are from the west and the deserts are east of the mountains, some of them the
among the highest in the continent. Look up rain shadow. We get less rain than
the San Lorenzo watershed because we are on different sides of the Santa Cruz
Mountains, but we get enough rain to have supported rich agriculture (before
they got paved over) with the valley's own watershed. Salinas Valley continues
to depend on its own watershed, and Central Valley on its own watershed.
Imperial Valley is the one that depends on the shared Colorado River.
Post by Hillbilly Davis
The winter of 2016-17 turned out to be the wettest on record in Northern
California, surpassing the previous record set in 1982-83.
A new law due to the drought requires all water districts on an aquifer to
recharge the aquifer. That means things like percolation ponds. Bakerfield
already had groundwater recharge; I don't think it had wells go dry. Santa Clara
Valley has recharge and no dry wells. The dry wells were in districts without
recharge.
Post by Hillbilly Davis
Quit your fucking screeching... we'll be fine. If man can survive an ice
Southeastern states are not prepared for all probable outcomes. They're hoping
for the best and abandonning their own to the worst. How long can you tread
water?

Georgia is having more fires due to summer droughts. Are they preparing?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Lauer's Sex Toy World
2017-12-06 16:21:04 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Deserts in California make up about 25 percent of the total surface area.
- New World Encyclopedia
Read your own post, idiot. California is not a desert region: it contains
deserts.
IS this your pre-meth lucidity gap?

How long can it last, tweaker?
Lauer's Sex Toy World
2017-12-06 16:46:48 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Read your own post, idiot. California is not a desert region
Apologists say it has a "Mediterranean" climate
And they say north Africa is a desert climate.
And?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deserts

Sahara Desert – Africa's largest desert and the world's largest hot
desert which covers much of North Africa comprising:
Ténéré – a desert covering northeastern Niger and western Chad
Tanezrouft – a desert covering northern Mali, northwestern Niger as well
as central and southern Algeria, at the west of the Hoggar Mountains
El Djouf - a desert which covers northeastern Mauritania and parts of
northwestern Mali
Djurab Desert - a desert covering northern central Chad
Tin-Toumma Desert - a desert covering southeastern Niger, at the south
of the Ténéré
Libyan Desert (also called Western Desert) – a desert covering eastern
Libya, western Egypt and northwestern Sudan at the west of the Nile River
White Desert – a desert covering a part of western Egypt and located in
Farafra, Egypt
Eastern Desert – a desert covering eastern Egypt and northeastern Sudan
between the Nile River and the Red Sea
Nubian Desert – a desert covering northeastern Sudan between the Nile
River and the Red Sea
Bayuda Desert – a desert covering eastern Sudan located just at the
southwest of the Nubian Desert
Sinai Desert – a desert located on the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt
Blue Desert – a desert covering a part of the Sinai Desert near the Red
Sea and located around Dahab, Egypt
Atlantic Coastal Desert – a desert lying along the western coast of the
Sahara Desert and occupies a narrow strip in Western Sahara and Mauritania
How many deserts in Italy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accona_Desert

The Accona Desert (Italian: Deserto di Accona) is a semi-arid area in
Tuscany, Italy, in the center of the so-called Crete senesi, in the west
and the south of the comune of Asciano. It is characterized by calanques
and dome-shaped formations locally known as biancane (deriving from
Italian bianco, white, due to their light shade).

Due to yearly rain amounting to no more than 600 mm (24 in),
cultivations take advantage of a large irrigation system.

The desert houses the medieval abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore.
For your future reference a mediterrean climate is wet winters, dry summers,
moderate temperature. A desert climate is dry winters, dry summers, extreme
temperatures. The deserts of California are in the rain shadows east of
mountains.
Yeah...so??????
Lauer's Sex Toy World
2017-12-06 16:57:34 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
The winter of 2016-17 turned out to be the wettest on record in Northern
California, surpassing the previous record set in 1982-83.
A new law due to the drought requires all water districts on an aquifer to
recharge the aquifer.
So basically pump and dump...
Post by Siri Cruise
That means things like percolation ponds.
Evaporation ponds.
Post by Siri Cruise
Bakerfield
already had groundwater recharge; I don't think it had wells go dry.
http://www.businessinsider.com/hundreds-of-california-wells-run-dry-2014-9?op=1

EAST PORTERVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Hundreds of domestic wells in
California's drought-parched Central Valley farming region have run dry,
leaving many residents to rely on donated bottles of drinking water to
get by.

Girl Scouts have set up collection points while local charities are
searching for money to install tanks next to homes. Officials truck in
water for families in greatest need and put a large tank in front of the
local firehouse for residents to fill up with water for bathing and
flushing toilets.

http://www.watereducation.org/aquafornia-news/lois-henry-rosedale-families-struggling-wells-run-dry

From Lois Henry at the Bakersfield Californian:

“Some families have given up and left their homes. Others are sticking
it out, buying jugs of water by the crate load to wash dishes, shower
and keep the toilet working. “When this first happened, I wanted to
leave,” Ana Lopez said in describing what her family’s life has been
like since the well in their western Rosedale neighborhood went dry
right around Christmas.

They were like everyone else. They turned on the tap and water came out.
When it stopped, they had no idea why and no idea what to do. “I was
very…it’s hard to describe what it was like at first. I didn’t know what
to do. I got sick and had to go to the ER. I thought I was having a
heart attack but it was the stress.”

She and her husband, Paul, have slowly found ways to work around the
situation. But Ana said she’s still overwhelmed at times as she tries to
give her four young children, ages 11, 9, 6 and 4, as normal a life as
possible without running water.

“My husband said we can’t quit, we can’t give up,” she said. “I know
it’s like everything else, it’ll take a while, but it will get fixed.
It’s just hard because of the kids.”

Theirs isn’t an isolated experience. … “
Post by Siri Cruise
Santa Clara
Valley has recharge and no dry wells. The dry wells were in districts without
recharge.
The water table dropped EVERYWHERE, you lying meth whore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Clara_Valley

Water was supplied from an artesian aquifer. When the water table
dropped wells were pumped.

http://abc7news.com/weather/santa-clara-valley-groundwater-back-to-pre-drought-levels/2464827/

In some areas, the water table dropped as much as 60 feet as the supply
was pumped out of the ground. The Santa Clara Valley Water District, a
wholesaler for local water retailers, relies on groundwater for almost
half of the drinking, sanitary and irrigation needs of about two million
customers.

Once bone dry percolation ponds, also known as recharge ponds, are also
filling up again to the delight of visitors to places like Los Gatos
Trail Park...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
Quit your fucking screeching... we'll be fine. If man can survive an ice
Southeastern states are not prepared for all probable outcomes. They're hoping
for the best and abandonning their own to the worst. How long can you tread
water?
Georgia is having more fires due to summer droughts. Are they preparing?
http://www.walterreeves.com/landscaping/drought-tolerant-plants/

During drought, it is natural to consider installing plants that are
“drought tolerant”.

But how do you judge drought tolerance?

Experienced gardeners have learned that once established and with proper
cultural practices, virtually all plant material recommended for use in
Georgia will be “drought tolerant” and survive most droughts.

The most common reasons for plant failures are improper plant location
(putting a plant with high light needs in shade) and improper soil
preparation.

Plant adaptation is dependent on many factors, such as light,
temperature, water, air, soil, and pest/disease tolerance.

Experts recommend focusing discussions of landscape water conservation
on Best Management Practices (BMPs) that enhance water conservation in
the landscape.

By utilizing appropriate cultural practices, virtually all plant
material sold in Georgia should prosper with minimal irrigation.
R Kym Horsell
2017-12-06 03:58:05 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Oh, dear.
So you really are that stupid.
There's nuttin that make yer avvag hillbilly more pround than to
be acknowleged for turning in work a retarded grade schooler would be
ashamed to turn in for their first "what I did last summer".
--
[Lies drunken barmates won't call you out on #911:]
Post by Siri Cruise
Phoenicians sailed the Atlantic faster 4000 years ago in reed boats than any
"solar boat" does now!!! HAHAHHAHHHAHAHH!!!
By Randersob aka "$27 TRILLION to PAY for KYOTO", Sat Jun 18 4:32pm EST 2016
1 post 0 views
Bzzt.

[481,000 results]

Heyerdahl sails papyrus boat - May 17, 1970 - HISTORY.com
www.history.com/this-day-in-history/heyerdahl-sails-papyrus-boat
On this day in History, Heyerdahl sails papyrus boat on May 17, 1970. ...
from Morocco across the Atlantic Ocean in Ra II, a papyrus sailing craft
modeled ... The Ra II crossed the 4,000 miles of ocean to Barbados in 57 days
*******
. ... conjectured that some Polynesians might have originated in South
America. ... Sign Up no thanks ...

Commenced in 2004 and setting sail on December 3rd, 2006, the sun21 project
silently motored into New York City at 3pm on May 8th, completing a 7,000
mile journey which included a non-stop 3,500 nautical mile Atlantic crossing
in 52 days. It's the first time in history that a solar-powered vehicle has
**********
made the transatlantic crossing.
Hillbilly Davis
2017-12-06 04:07:35 UTC
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 03:58:05 +0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell says...
There's nuttin that make yer avvag Aussie Bogan hillbilly more
pround than to be acknowleged for turning in work a retarded grade
schooler would be ashamed to turn in for their first "what I did last
summer".
I agree.

Aussie Bogan Hillbilly, aka TYPICAL Aussie.

https://www.pinterest.com/dagOeny/bogan-poster/
Hillbilly Davis
Hillbilly Davis
2017-12-06 05:24:15 UTC
Post by R Kym Horsell
There's nuttin that make yer avvag hillbilly more pround than to
be acknowleged for turning in work a retarded grade schooler would be
ashamed to turn in for their first "what I did last summer".
Lack of refutation noted, thank you.

Is that all you have... speaking like an American Democrat?
--
Hillbilly Davis

"It's all about money in the end. Keeping the Gravy Train running."

Australia Weather Bureau Caught Tampering With Climate Numbers
Lauer's Sex Toy World
2017-12-06 16:15:14 UTC
Post by R Kym Horsell
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Oh, dear.
So you really are that stupid.
There's nuttin that make yer avvag hillbilly more pround than to
be acknowleged for turning in work a retarded grade schooler would be
ashamed to turn in for their first "what I did last summer".
Listen up Horsehead, you exterminable leftarded Auzzie shitbag, YOU are
UNWELCOME here - PERIOD!

Now GET THE FUCK OUT!
Dhu on Gate
2017-12-06 09:02:41 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Oh, dear.
So you really are that stupid.
I'm afraid that California's woes are only exacerbated by the effects of
anthropogenic climate change: more problematic is the shift of human
interference with our environment over the last 150-odd years from
firestarting to firestopping. People have been on this continent in
significant numbers for about fifteen thousand years, and for most of
that time we _started_ fires as a regular "proto"-agricultural mechanism:
we burnt "moose pasture" and cleared the understory in forests for the
edible weeds that came up. And we changed the ecology in doing so to
promote fast-growing weedy brush that can be burnt and recover quickly.
But in the last 150-odd years we've suppressed fire clearing across the
continent causing an over-abundance of highly combustible brush to
accumulate. And now we've got climate change and it doesn't really
matter whether or not it's "anthropogenic" in origin, because all that
firestarter heaped up everywhere _IS_. And most certainly adding CO2 to
the atmosphere so the brushy shit grows faster doesn't help matters....

2017-12-06 09:15:11 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
[...]
Dhu
addendum:

We've got to start seeing ourselves as animals that are part-and-parcel
with the biology of this planet or we REALLY ARE GONNA BE FUCKED. All
this shit about "habitable" worlds "just" light-years away is SO MUCH
EYEWASH, because there's nowhere near here that even remotely
approximates the requisites for our human biology like this place does,
and has, for a few billion years....

Dhu (the Dread ;-)

2017-12-06 09:29:53 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
[...]
There are NINE HALLS in Yggdrasil: the Sun and some others.
This our home.

Lauer's Sex Toy World
2017-12-06 16:19:54 UTC
Dhu (the Dread;-)
There are NINE HALLS in Yggdrasil: the Sun and some others.
This our home.
Dhu
YOU are a total K00k!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/sci_tech/2000/climate_change/1023334.stm

Not our fault

Are we, the fossil-fuel-burning public, partially responsible for this
recent warming trend? Almost assuredly not.

These small global temperature increases of the last 25 years and over
the last century are likely natural changes that the globe has seen many
times in the past.

Human kind has little or nothing to do with the recent temperature changes

William M. Gray
Colorado State University
This small warming is likely a result of the natural alterations in
global ocean currents which are driven by ocean salinity variations.
Ocean circulation variations are as yet little understood.

Human kind has little or nothing to do with the recent temperature
changes. We are not that influential.

There is a negative or complementary nature to human-induced greenhouse
gas increases in comparison with the dominant natural greenhouse gas of
water vapour and its cloud derivatives.

It has been assumed by the human-induced global warming advocates that
as anthropogenic greenhouse gases increase that water vapour and
upper-level cloudiness will also rise and lead to accelerated warming -
a positive feedback loop.

It is not the human-induced greenhouse gases themselves which cause
significant warming but the assumed extra water vapour and cloudiness
that some scientists hypothesise.

Negative feedback

The global general circulation models which simulate significant amounts
of human-induced warming are incorrectly structured to give this
positive feedback loop.

Their internal model assumptions are thus not realistic.

Carbon dioxide BBC
Mainstream opinion believes that pollution contributes to climate change
As human-induced greenhouse gases rise, global-averaged upper-level
atmospheric water vapour and thin cirrus should be expected to decrease
not increase.

Water vapour and cirrus cloudiness should be thought of as a negative
rather than a positive feedback to human-induced - or anthropogenic
greenhouse gas increases.

No significant human-induced greenhouse gas warming can occur with such
a negative feedback loop.
Lauer's Sex Toy World
2017-12-06 16:19:02 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Hillbilly Davis
It's CALIFORNIA, fer Chrise sake... it's a DESERT region. If high
Oh, dear.
So you really are that stupid.
I'm afraid that California's woes are only exacerbated by the effects of
No such thing is possible and you SHOULD know that by now, duh-head:

a negative feedback loop.
Lauer's Sex Toy World
2017-12-06 16:13:53 UTC
Do tell us how Caliphony-a lacks deserts, ya trailer trash meth whore.
cheep
Oh no! There goes more gubermint klymatt change money out the window.
Liberals are VERMIN!
2017-12-06 17:13:36 UTC
They were warned in the 1960's about the water table. They didn't listen.