OT: You go, 'girls'!
2018-06-10 21:45:56 UTC
"You wonder how the other runners may have felt.

On Monday, when Connecticut had its State Open track and field championships at
Willow Brook Park, one person broke the State Open records for girls in both
the 100 and 200-meter runs.

That person was a biological boy.

Terry Miller of Bulkeley, a transgender, won the events. In the 100 meter dash,
the runner-up was Andraya Yearwood of Cromwell, also a transgender.

[...]

Asked about the two girls who worked for years who got knocked out of the
finals by Miller and Yearwood and the two girls who finished seventh and eighth
in the finals who were denied a chance to compete in the New England
championships, CIAC executive director Karissa Niehoff said, 'We do feel for
them. Fully agree it doesn't feel good. The optic isn't good. But we really do
have to look at the bigger issues that speak to civil rights and the fact this
is high school sports.'"

No shit? Progress - you've gotta love it.
Eric®
2018-06-10 21:47:20 UTC
Post by Eric®
[...]
Forgot the link: