Canada's failing justice system leads cop to say 'Don't bother'
2018-05-11 03:25:19 UTC
"Lethbridge's police chief admits that charges could potentially be laid against
a B.C. woman who shouted racist vitriol at a group of men in Denny's, but
suggested that 'our judicial system is broken' and already bogged down by
delays.

Instead, he encouraged individuals to intervene when they see something they
think is wrong.

'People are quick to want to shove this into the judicial system. And I would
suggest our judicial system is broken as it is. We see numerous court delays. If
you listen to talk radio two weeks ago, the talk is about hundreds of charges
having to be dropped in Alberta,' police chief Rob Davis said at a Thursday
press conference.

'There is somebody off camera who stands up to the lady in question. And I think
as a society that's where we need to go. We don't need to shove these things
into the judicial system. We as a society stand up for one another, and stand up
for what's right in this country, I think that's the step in the right
direction.'"
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-chief-says-charges-could-be-laid-in-racist-
tirade-but-our-judicial-system-is-broken-1.3924056

https://is.gd/iYH6E4
Byker
2018-05-11 03:31:49 UTC
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-chief-says-charges-could-be-laid-in-racist-tirade-but-our-judicial-system-is-broken-1.3924056
There are now so many "hate speech" laws on the books that they're
unenforceable...