Humboldt trucker may get off?
Eric@
2018-07-09 18:22:04 UTC
"Prosecutors face a difficult task making 29 criminal charges stick against the
semi driver involved in the deadly crash of the Humboldt Broncos team bus.

Dangerous driving charges have to meet a high threshold regardless of the death
toll of a crash, and a momentary lapse of attention on the part of a driver is
generally not enough to secure a conviction."
More: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/why-prosecutors-face-a-tough-
challenge-in-humboldt-broncos-crash-case

or: https://nationalpost.com/wcm/945b284a-6764-4de6-8ef7-5cf11b4330f1

Article no doubt shows why it's taken some time to lay charges - the evidence
will have to be pretty compelling.
Dave Smith
2018-07-09 20:59:38 UTC
On 2018-07-09 2:22 PM, Eric@ wrote:

> "Prosecutors face a difficult task making 29 criminal charges stick against the
> semi driver involved in the deadly crash of the Humboldt Broncos team bus.
>
> Dangerous driving charges have to meet a high threshold regardless of the death
> toll of a crash, and a momentary lapse of attention on the part of a driver is
> generally not enough to secure a conviction."

I said the other day that I would be surprised if they get a conviction
on those charges. It is overkill and I have to wonder of they
prosecution has caved into demands to go to extremes on this case
because the results of the crash were so horrendous.
Byker
2018-07-09 23:30:37 UTC

Mustn't piss off the resident towelheads...
Roy
2018-07-10 00:47:37 UTC
On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 5:30:44 PM UTC-6, Byker wrote:
> "Eric@" wrote in message
> >
> > Article no doubt shows why it's taken some time to lay charges - the
> > evidence will have to be pretty compelling.
>
> Mustn't piss off the resident towelheads...

Starting to look that way...damned idiots.
====