Humboldt trucker may get off?
Add Reply
Eric@
2018-07-09 18:22:04 UTC
"Prosecutors face a difficult task making 29 criminal charges stick against the
semi driver involved in the deadly crash of the Humboldt Broncos team bus.

Dangerous driving charges have to meet a high threshold regardless of the death
toll of a crash, and a momentary lapse of attention on the part of a driver is
generally not enough to secure a conviction."
More: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/why-prosecutors-face-a-tough-
challenge-in-humboldt-broncos-crash-case

or: https://nationalpost.com/wcm/945b284a-6764-4de6-8ef7-5cf11b4330f1

Article no doubt shows why it's taken some time to lay charges - the evidence
will have to be pretty compelling.
Dave Smith
2018-07-09 20:59:38 UTC
Post by Eric@
"Prosecutors face a difficult task making 29 criminal charges stick against the
semi driver involved in the deadly crash of the Humboldt Broncos team bus.
Dangerous driving charges have to meet a high threshold regardless of the death
toll of a crash, and a momentary lapse of attention on the part of a driver is
generally not enough to secure a conviction."
I said the other day that I would be surprised if they get a conviction
on those charges. It is overkill and I have to wonder of they
prosecution has caved into demands to go to extremes on this case
because the results of the crash were so horrendous.
Byker
2018-07-09 23:30:37 UTC
Mustn't piss off the resident towelheads...
Roy
2018-07-10 00:47:37 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Eric@
Article no doubt shows why it's taken some time to lay charges - the
evidence will have to be pretty compelling.
Mustn't piss off the resident towelheads...
Starting to look that way...damned idiots.
====