At least 14 dead in Canadian junior hockey team bus crash, police say
Leroy N. Soetoro
2018-04-07 16:35:08 UTC
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/04/07/at-least-14-
dead-in-canadian-junior-hockey-team-bus-crash-reports-
say/?utm_term=.6823a00cd921

At least 14 people are dead after a crash between a tractor-trailer and a
bus carrying a Canadian junior hockey league team, police said.

The deadly crash occurred around 5 p.m. Friday on Highway 35 in
Saskatchewan, about 150 miles northeast of Saskatoon, according to the
Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

The bus was carrying members of the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey league
team, on their way to the town of Nipawin for a game, the team said.

“While en route to Nipawin, the Broncos bus was involved in a terrible
accident which has resulted in multiple fatalities and serious injuries,”
the team confirmed Friday.

Early Saturday, police confirmed at least 14 other people were injured,
three of them critically. There were 28 people on the Humboldt Broncos
team bus, including the driver, at the time of the crash, police said.

Police did not release names of the deceased or injured, nor did they say
how many were players or coaches. Police also did not release the
condition of the truck driver.

The Broncos roster lists 24 players ranging in age from 16 to 21 years
old, as well as three coaches. The junior league team is based in
Humboldt, a small city about 120 miles south of Nipawin with a population
of nearly 6,000 people.

Michelle Straschnitzki told the Associated Press her 18-year-old son Ryan
was among the Broncos players taken to a hospital in Saskatoon.

“We talked to him, but he said he couldn’t feel his lower extremities so I
don’t know what’s going on,” Straschnitzki told the AP. “I am freaking
out. I am so sad for all of the teammates, and I am losing my mind.”

Broncos president Kevin Garinger described it as “one of the hardest days
of my life.”

“Our thoughts and prayers are extended to the families of our staff and
athletes as well as to all who have been impacted by this horrible
tragedy,” Garinger said statement. “Our Broncos family is in shock as we
try to come to grips with our incredible loss.”

Though the team had been traveling to an away game, as word spread of the
accident, dozens of Humboldt residents gathered at the Broncos’ home ice
rink to wait for news and take solace in the community, the Saskatoon
StarPhoenix reported.

“There’s people, just sitting in the stands, stunned. They didn’t know
what to do,” Humboldt Mayor Rob Muench told the newspaper. “It’s a tragedy
not only for Humboldt, but for hockey all over [Canada]. A number of the
players were from communities in surrounding provinces and across the
country. It is a very, very hard thing to take.”

Several professional hockey teams and Canadian officials, including Prime
Minister Justin Trudeau, also offered condolences.

The Broncos had been scheduled to play against the Nipawin Hawks in the
semifinals of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League playoffs. The Hawks
announced Friday night that the game had been canceled.

On Friday night, more than a hundred people packed the Apostolic Church in
Nipawin — including family members of Broncos players who had been on the
bus — awaiting word from the accident, the Globe and Mail reported.

“Lots of them are waiting for information,” pastor Jordan Gadsby told the
newspaper. “Some of the families have gotten information and have gone to
be with their kids. Some of them are waiting to hear if their kids are
alive.”

Nipawin Hawks president Darren Opp told local reporters that members of
his team were also standing by waiting to help, and that he had received
at least 50 phone calls offering the same.

“There’s uncles and moms and dads waiting to hear whether their sons and
nephews are okay,” he said. “It’s terrible. It’s absolutely terrible.”
truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.
Greg Carr
2018-04-07 19:31:30 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
[...]
It's a tragedy and Trump has offered his sympathy . CNN is covering the story.