What a bunch of whiners
2017-12-05 21:36:33 UTC
"Fiona Sampson, a thalidomide survivor who attended the Oct. 19 meeting, told
reporters on Tuesday that Hehr degraded those in attendance with his remarks.

Minister Hehr - apropos of nothing - commented, 'Well you don't have it as bad
today as adults as you did when you were kids,'' said Sampson, a human rights
lawyer and chair of Thalidomide Survivors Task Group.

'Then he went on to say, 'Well you don't have it so bad. Everyone in Canada has
a sob story.''"
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/thalidomide-survivors-hehr-allegations-
1.4433539

https://is.gd/zPEq8q

Meanwhile...

"A Liberal member of Parliament from Quebec says a Conservative MP made
comments towards her that were 'humiliating' and 'sexual in nature' during an
event back in May.

Sherry Romanado levelled the accusation Monday in the House of Commons after
question period, even though Manitoba MP James Bezan had risen in the Commons a
few hours earlier to deliver an apology - which he later said he'd been trying
to give for months.

In a written statement later, Bezan said the incident had been reviewed by the
Commons' chief human resources officer who found it did not constitute sexual
harassment and did not recommend any disciplinary action."
https://www.thefreepress.ca/news/liberal-mp-accuses-tory-mp-of-humiliating-
comments-sexual-in-nature/

https://is.gd/NomBF2

Good to see our Parliamentarians preferring to stick with the issues that
really matter.
Dave Smith
2017-12-05 22:26:21 UTC
Post by Eric®
[...]
Survivors? Is everyone jumping on that label? I thought they were
victims. I have to agree with the minister that everyone has a sob
story. And he is right about them all having about 10 years left, since
they were born around 1960, the are all nearing the life expectancy of
normal people. I wonder how many settlements they expect to get, because
there have already been several.