Bullet Train to Windsor: "Onion of stupid"
2018-04-06 15:10:20 UTC
Kathleen Wynne’s pledge to spend billions on a bullet train makes zero sense

I swear I have squandered days of my life thinking about this train to
Windsor and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is an onion of stupid. Every
layer you peel away reveals some new and terrible aspect that doesn’t make
any sense.

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/kathleen-wynnes-crazy-train/
Dhu on Gate
2018-04-07 00:25:05 UTC
Kathleen Wynne’s pledge to spend billions on a bullet train makes zero sense
I swear I have squandered days of my life thinking about this train to
Windsor and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is an onion of stupid. Every
layer you peel away reveals some new and terrible aspect that doesn’t make
any sense.
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/kathleen-wynnes-crazy-train/
Seems to me one of the few sensible things she's said: a Bullet train to Windsor
is a boon to Detroit, which is Canada's biggest industrial interface to the US.

It would make more sense, however, to nationalize the Railway beds and run them
as highways....

2018-04-07 01:04:42 UTC
Kathleen Wynne’s pledge to spend billions on a bullet train makes zero sense
I swear I have squandered days of my life thinking about this train to
Windsor and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is an onion of stupid.
Every layer you peel away reveals some new and terrible aspect that
doesn’t make any sense.
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/kathleen-wynnes-crazy-train/
Seems to me one of the few sensible things she's said: a Bullet train to
Windsor is a boon to Detroit, which is Canada's biggest industrial
interface to the US.
There are 9 flights a day from Toronto to Detroit, compare to 33 to Montreal
and 31 to Ottawa.
The 401 is bad enough as it is.
simplicity
2018-04-07 16:14:52 UTC
Kathleen Wynne’s pledge to spend billions on a bullet train makes zero sense
I swear I have squandered days of my life thinking about this train to
Windsor and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is an onion of stupid. Every
layer you peel away reveals some new and terrible aspect that doesn’t make
any sense.
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/kathleen-wynnes-crazy-train/
Seems to me one of the few sensible things she's said: a Bullet train to Windsor
is a boon to Detroit, which is Canada's biggest industrial interface to the US.
It would make more sense, however, to nationalize the Railway beds and run them
as highways....
Dhu
oh, yes... nationalize.

What would this character Dhu be without brilliant ideas straight from the Soviet Union - the place and reality he admires so much.
Dhu on Gate
2018-04-07 18:12:23 UTC
Post by simplicity
[...]
I'm not saying Nationalize the Railway Companies. Nononono.
Just the Roads. Like the rest of our infrastucture.

2018-04-09 00:35:35 UTC
Post by simplicity
[...]
Like Hwy 407 in Toronto?

Liberals are VERMIN!
Bullet trains don't carry cargo.
Dhu on Gate
2018-04-07 18:13:31 UTC
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Kathleen Wynne’s pledge to spend billions on a bullet train makes zero sense
I swear I have squandered days of my life thinking about this train to
Windsor and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is an onion of stupid. Every
layer you peel away reveals some new and terrible aspect that doesn’t make
any sense.
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/kathleen-wynnes-crazy-train/
Seems to me one of the few sensible things she's said: a Bullet train to Windsor
is a boon to Detroit, which is Canada's biggest industrial interface to the US.
It would make more sense, however, to nationalize the Railway beds and run them
as highways....
Bullet trains don't carry cargo.
Ya.

That's why I figure we'd be better off investing in upgraded roadbed for the railroads.

What Moonbeam has, Kathy wants too. Makes her look progressive & all.
Dave Smith
2018-04-07 22:59:40 UTC
Kathleen Wynne’s pledge to spend billions on a bullet train makes zero sense
I swear I have squandered days of my life thinking about this train to
Windsor and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is an onion of stupid.
Every layer you peel away reveals some new and terrible aspect that
doesn’t make any sense.
A bullet train to Windsor may not make sense, but high speed rail
service between various Ontario points would be a huge benefit to the
province. Rail is a nice way to travel, but service is so spotty that
most people don't even consider it to be a viable alternative.

People in Niagara were upset to lose commuter service from VIA and are
now upset that Ford has no interest in extending GO trains to the region.

One of the best vacations I ever had was the time we flew to Paris with
a train pass and wandered around. We were able to travel from just
about anywhere to any other point, and our longest transfer layover was
about 20 minutes, and trains ran on time.
Byker
2018-04-08 23:15:29 UTC
Kathleen Wynne’s pledge to spend billions on a bullet train makes zero sense
I swear I have squandered days of my life thinking about this train to
Windsor and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is an onion of stupid.
Every layer you peel away reveals some new and terrible aspect that doesn’t
make any sense.
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/kathleen-wynnes-crazy-train/
Unless you live in a densely-populated little country, bullet trains are
boondoggles. Just ask any Californian...