Can't we all just get along?
2017-12-07 01:03:13 UTC
"Earlier Wednesday, Saskatchewan Infrastructure Minister David Marit announced
that vehicles with Alberta licence plates will no longer be allowed on future
government highway and building project sites. Existing projects will not be
affected.

The ban includes contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and workers.
Ministry staff will enforce the provision through job-site monitoring.

Marit said the ban is in response to reports from Saskatchewan workers who say
they face similar restrictions in Alberta."
https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2017/12/06/no-alberta-plated-vehicles-
allowed-on-new-saskatchewan-highways-projects/#.Wih0L1WnGUk

https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/?p=316181

So much for that supposed Canada-wide inter-provincial free trade agreement
politicians were braying about a while back. So much for the "New West
Partnership" free trade agreement between AB, BC, SK & MB. But full steam
ahead on free trade with communist China.
Dhu on Gate
2017-12-07 01:33:33 UTC
On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 17:03:13 -0800, Eric® wrote:

> "Earlier Wednesday, Saskatchewan Infrastructure Minister David Marit
> announced that vehicles with Alberta licence plates will no longer be
> allowed on future government highway and building project sites.
> Existing projects will not be affected.
>
> The ban includes contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and workers.
> Ministry staff will enforce the provision through job-site monitoring.
>
> Marit said the ban is in response to reports from Saskatchewan workers
> who say they face similar restrictions in Alberta."
> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2017/12/06/no-alberta-plated-vehicles-
> allowed-on-new-saskatchewan-highways-projects/#.Wih0L1WnGUk
>
> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/?p=316181
>
> So much for that supposed Canada-wide inter-provincial free trade
> agreement politicians were braying about a while back. So much for the
> "New West Partnership" free trade agreement between AB, BC, SK & MB.
> But full steam ahead on free trade with communist China.

There's no good reason for the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and
Manitoba to exist other than the requirement that forms be filled in
Triplicate.

2017-12-07 02:35:19 UTC
"Dhu on Gate" wrote in message news:p0a5pd$thv$***@dont-email.me...

> There's no good reason for the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and
> Manitoba to exist other than the requirement that forms be filled in
> Triplicate.

Ditto New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland &
Labrador. Total population about 400,000 less than the city of Toronto.
John Milner
2017-12-07 16:05:36 UTC
On 12/6/2017 6:33 PM, Dhu on Gate wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 17:03:13 -0800, Eric® wrote:
>
>> "Earlier Wednesday, Saskatchewan Infrastructure Minister David Marit
>> announced that vehicles with Alberta licence plates will no longer be
>> allowed on future government highway and building project sites.
>> Existing projects will not be affected.
>>
>> The ban includes contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and workers.
>> Ministry staff will enforce the provision through job-site monitoring.
>>
>> Marit said the ban is in response to reports from Saskatchewan workers
>> who say they face similar restrictions in Alberta."
>> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2017/12/06/no-alberta-plated-vehicles-
>> allowed-on-new-saskatchewan-highways-projects/#.Wih0L1WnGUk
>>
>> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/?p=316181
>>
>> So much for that supposed Canada-wide inter-provincial free trade
>> agreement politicians were braying about a while back. So much for the
>> "New West Partnership" free trade agreement between AB, BC, SK & MB.
>> But full steam ahead on free trade with communist China.
>
> There's no good reason for the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and
> Manitoba to exist other than the requirement that forms be filled in
> Triplicate.
>
> Dhu

WTF!???!??

How about New Brunswick?
Dhu on Gate
2018-01-06 04:37:45 UTC
On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 09:05:36 -0700, John Milner wrote:

> On 12/6/2017 6:33 PM, Dhu on Gate wrote:
>> On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 17:03:13 -0800, Eric® wrote:
>>
>>> "Earlier Wednesday, Saskatchewan Infrastructure Minister David Marit
>>> announced that vehicles with Alberta licence plates will no longer be
>>> allowed on future government highway and building project sites.
>>> Existing projects will not be affected.
>>>
>>> The ban includes contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and
>>> workers. Ministry staff will enforce the provision through job-site
>>> monitoring.
>>>
>>> Marit said the ban is in response to reports from Saskatchewan workers
>>> who say they face similar restrictions in Alberta."
>>> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2017/12/06/no-alberta-plated-
vehicles-
>>> allowed-on-new-saskatchewan-highways-projects/#.Wih0L1WnGUk
>>>
>>> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/?p=316181
>>>
>>> So much for that supposed Canada-wide inter-provincial free trade
>>> agreement politicians were braying about a while back. So much for
>>> the "New West Partnership" free trade agreement between AB, BC, SK &
>>> MB. But full steam ahead on free trade with communist China.
>>
>> There's no good reason for the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and
>> Manitoba to exist other than the requirement that forms be filled in
>> Triplicate.
>>
>> Dhu
>>

> WTF!???!??
>
> How about New Brunswick?

New Brunswick would not make any sense as part of a Greater
Albamansquatchistan.

simplicity
2018-01-06 16:03:09 UTC
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:03:18 PM UTC-7, Eric® wrote:
> "Earlier Wednesday, Saskatchewan Infrastructure Minister David Marit announced
> that vehicles with Alberta licence plates will no longer be allowed on future
> government highway and building project sites. Existing projects will not be
> affected.
>
> The ban includes contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and workers.
> Ministry staff will enforce the provision through job-site monitoring.
>
> Marit said the ban is in response to reports from Saskatchewan workers who say
> they face similar restrictions in Alberta."
> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2017/12/06/no-alberta-plated-vehicles-
> allowed-on-new-saskatchewan-highways-projects/#.Wih0L1WnGUk
>
> https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/?p=316181
>
> So much for that supposed Canada-wide inter-provincial free trade agreement
> politicians were braying about a while back. So much for the "New West
> Partnership" free trade agreement between AB, BC, SK & MB. But full steam
> ahead on free trade with communist China.

If I remember correctly one of the first acts of Notley (or maybe the first one) was to impose extra tax on craft beers from Sask. I do not recall details so I won't say if it was directed against Sask only or was it applied to other provinces as well.