No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
gordo
2018-07-04 19:21:30 UTC
No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
CFL team consulted with Inuit residents, politicians and cultural
leaders
"It's premature to talk about scenarios down the road," said Len
Rhodes, president and CEO of the team. "Right now, at this point in
time, we have no plans to change our name."

The team has further consultation planned in Nunavut, Ottawa and
Edmonton.

"But I think there are loads of opportunities in terms of things we
can do with the community, even with our current name," he said.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-eskimos-name-northern-consultations-1.4731990

---
http://www.avg.com
Nobody
2018-07-04 20:16:08 UTC
gordo wrote:

> No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
> CFL team consulted with Inuit residents, politicians and cultural
> leaders
> "It's premature to talk about scenarios down the road," said Len
> Rhodes, president and CEO of the team. "Right now, at this point
> in time, we have no plans to change our name."
>
> The team has further consultation planned in Nunavut, Ottawa and
> Edmonton.
>
> "But I think there are loads of opportunities in terms of things
> we can do with the community, even with our current name," he
> said.
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-eskimos-name-north
> ern-consultations-1.4731990

This is excellent news.
FINALLY a group isn't giving in to the whining minority.
Eric®
2018-07-06 02:38:56 UTC
gordo wrote:

> No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
> CFL team consulted with Inuit residents, politicians and cultural
> leaders
> "It's premature to talk about scenarios down the road," said Len
> Rhodes, president and CEO of the team. "Right now, at this point in
> time, we have no plans to change our name."
>
> The team has further consultation planned in Nunavut, Ottawa and
> Edmonton.
>
> "But I think there are loads of opportunities in terms of things we
> can do with the community, even with our current name," he said.
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-eskimos-name-northern-consultations-1.4731990

The league should bring in a mandatory 50% Inuit policy for Eskimo players.