No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
Add Reply
gordo
2018-07-04 19:21:30 UTC
No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
CFL team consulted with Inuit residents, politicians and cultural
leaders
"It's premature to talk about scenarios down the road," said Len
Rhodes, president and CEO of the team. "Right now, at this point in
time, we have no plans to change our name."

The team has further consultation planned in Nunavut, Ottawa and
Edmonton.

"But I think there are loads of opportunities in terms of things we
can do with the community, even with our current name," he said.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-eskimos-name-northern-consultations-1.4731990

---
http://www.avg.com
Nobody
2018-07-04 20:16:08 UTC
Post by gordo
No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
CFL team consulted with Inuit residents, politicians and cultural
leaders
"It's premature to talk about scenarios down the road," said Len
Rhodes, president and CEO of the team. "Right now, at this point
in time, we have no plans to change our name."
The team has further consultation planned in Nunavut, Ottawa and
Edmonton.
"But I think there are loads of opportunities in terms of things
we can do with the community, even with our current name," he
said.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-eskimos-name-north
ern-consultations-1.4731990
This is excellent news.
FINALLY a group isn't giving in to the whining minority.
Eric®
2018-07-06 02:38:56 UTC
Post by gordo
No plans to change Eskimos name after N.W.T. consultations
CFL team consulted with Inuit residents, politicians and cultural
leaders
"It's premature to talk about scenarios down the road," said Len
Rhodes, president and CEO of the team. "Right now, at this point in
time, we have no plans to change our name."
The team has further consultation planned in Nunavut, Ottawa and
Edmonton.
"But I think there are loads of opportunities in terms of things we
can do with the community, even with our current name," he said.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-eskimos-name-northern-consultations-1.4731990
The league should bring in a mandatory 50% Inuit policy for Eskimo players.