Liberals promise to introduce new gun control legislation this year
Eric©
2017-10-10 22:27:10 UTC
"The federal government says it will introduce new gun control legislation before the end
of the year as it works to fulfil a suite of promises made on the campaign trail more
than two years ago.

[...]

The government said in its 2015 platform that changes made by former Prime Minister
Stephen Harper's Conservative government have 'steadily weakened our gun laws in ways
that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.'"
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/liberals-promise-to-introduce-new-gun-control-
legislation-this-year

http://bit.ly/2i007OF

So the Libs *do* actually keep election campaign promises once in a while. Even if the
campaign promise was based on a lie...
Greg Carr
2017-10-11 00:38:20 UTC
I support, in theory, tougher firearms laws.
Dave Smith
2017-10-11 02:03:29 UTC
I support, in theory, tougher firearms laws.
What exactly do you mean by tougher gun laws?

I think we have pretty reasonable gun control regulations. Anyone who
wants to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition has to obtain a PAL.
Restricted firearms require another level of PAl. There are safe
storage laws. There will be no more PALs issued for prohibited weapons.
There re safe storage laws, and that makes it virtually impossible to
shoot another person without violating those permits.

It is only the very rare exception where a person with a PAL and legally
owned fireworks is involved in a firearms homicide. The overwhelming
majority of firearms homicides are committed by young gang members who
do not hold PALs and whose guns are acquired illegally, usually smuggled
into the country.

I am all for harsh punishment for those who commit crimes and especially
those who use firearms to commit crimes. They don't want to have to
imprison people who whine that they are disproportionately over
represented in the prison population. They would prefer to put up some
window dressing, making criminals of otherwise peaceful citizens while
ignoring the people who are causing the problem.
Liberals are VERMIN!
2017-10-11 02:36:02 UTC
I support, in theory, tougher firearms laws.
The last time this was done in Ontario, thousands of legal firearm owners had their guns seized for NO reason. They then had to spend hundreds of dollars and several months "requalifying" (they were already tested prior to this), having background checks re-done, re-training. This was the most pointless exercise ever and accomplished NOTHING. White, middle-class target shooters and hunters and other LEGAL gun owners are NOT the problem and the liberals KNOW it.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-11 04:39:11 UTC
Post by Eric©
legislation-this-year
http://bit.ly/2i007OF
So the Libs *do* actually keep election campaign promises once in a
while. Even if the campaign promise was based on a lie...
I hope they address the problem of armaments caches. Especially in the
context of organizations (corporate and religious) the maintenance of
private arms depots/caches needs to be considered. Steve Paddock is
just an example of what an *individual* can do with a little planning.

2017-10-11 05:49:20 UTC
Post by Eric©
legislation-this-year
http://bit.ly/2i007OF
So the Libs *do* actually keep election campaign promises once in a
while. Even if the campaign promise was based on a lie...
I hope they address the problem of armaments caches. Especially in the
context of organizations (corporate and religious) the maintenance of
private arms depots/caches needs to be considered. Steve Paddock is
just an example of what an *individual* can do with a little planning.
The main abusers of guns in Canada are black thugs in Toronto and "natives."
You factor them out, we have a gun crime rate lower than Nordic countries. The rest are suicides which is anyone's right.
Dhu on Gate
2017-10-11 06:23:41 UTC
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by Eric©
Post by Eric©
"The federal government says it will introduce new gun control
legislation before the end of the year as it works to fulfil a suite
of promises made on the campaign trail more than two years ago.
[...]
The government said in its 2015 platform that changes made by former
Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative government have
'steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more
vulnerable and communities more dangerous.'"
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/liberals-promise-to-
introduce-
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
Post by Eric©
new-gun-control-
Post by Eric©
legislation-this-year
http://bit.ly/2i007OF
So the Libs *do* actually keep election campaign promises once in a
while. Even if the campaign promise was based on a lie...
I hope they address the problem of armaments caches. Especially in the
context of organizations (corporate and religious) the maintenance of
private arms depots/caches needs to be considered. Steve Paddock is
just an example of what an *individual* can do with a little planning.
http://babayaga.neotext.ca/PublicKeys/
Duncan_Patton_a_Campbell_pubkey.txt
Post by Liberals are VERMIN!
The main abusers of guns in Canada are black thugs in Toronto and "natives."
You factor them out, we have a gun crime rate lower than Nordic
countries. The rest are suicides which is anyone's right.
I spose you could call Jim Roszko's death a suicide (by cop).